Notices

One Year & Over Part 42

Old 09-28-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Did I miss the camel fbl?

Personally, I'm pleased all of you got sober! I would have missed your comradeship, your humour, your big personalities! You're fantastic!

Hey itchy, no wonder I get lost! I thought it was 5 lefts make a right!

Have a good Thursday
Old 09-28-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee,
I stand corrected. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, too much over the last few days to respond to in the short time I have. Away to join the great unwashed on public tramsport as hubby will have to check the car over for our trip across the border. We drive around 300 miles to Newcastle tonight to fly tomorrow to Orlando. I then have a 90ish minute drive to our villa. I just hope the roads aren't too busy or confusing!
I'm not sure whether I will have a shortage or an abundance of time for checking & posting, so expect me when you see me.

Wolfie get that match last night! Wasn't it brilliant, I could have wept everytime city equalised!

FBL I got sober here on SR. No AA.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Happy travels Toots.

Have a good day everyone
Old 09-29-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Do your best

Can't believe how well they done Toots it was only a couple seasons ago we beat Barcelona when they were the team to beat

Well happy to see that
Old 09-29-2016, 02:03 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Magsie

Have a good holiday toots
Old 09-29-2016, 02:14 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

I'm lucky to be here.

D
So glad you are Dee.
Some things are meant though, you've had lots of people to help and that's just the tiny bit I know of you.

Good morning all, so lovely in the UK, a blowy and sunny September day.

xx
Old 09-29-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hope you have another great time over here, Toots!
Old 09-29-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

itch, body language humor online

Priceless!

also did the home/self detox

i knew there was a 50/50 chance it would go south

still remember most of it like yesterday

for me it was a motivating factor
Old 09-29-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Safe travels, Toots! Hope you enjoy your time in Florida.

I love this group! I love my "normie" friends and family, but only a fellow person in recovery can truly understand what it's like. You guys 'n' gals are the best.

Mags, you didn't miss the camel...I have to give him a break sometimes, lest he wear out his welcome

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 09-29-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aah, FBL, I thought he'd took a holiday.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good morning, my happy fellow Overs

The longer I'm here and the better I get to know y'all the more it feels like family. Although I could wish I'd never started with alcohol, then I wouldn't have gotten to know you ... so I feel very fortunate. Life happens!

Sassy kitty is doing much better (at 17+ years). She is now on a calcium channel blocker for high blood pressure, vitamin b12 and a med for arthritis. She is now a rather expensive cat but is much happier :-)

Toots, have a lovely holiday.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hello darling InPar.....I miss you, we haven't caught up lately....
Hi back venus! I haven't had any time lately, for anything but the necessities. I'm getting through it but have to make an effort to not let it get me down as it's kind of a bummer cause I have no life and miss my dog. Work is challenging and pretty fun still, but just such long hours. And my roommate has been nuts lately, she's bipolar and it's driving me to start looking for another place. I don't have the time or energy to deal with it. Need my own space. Unfortunately Vancouver's rental market is a nightmare right now, I looked at a small one bedroom last weekend that was $1600!!! Who can afford that. Disgusting.
Anyway all small problems compared to some.
Thoughtful Thursday everyone!!!

(Itchy, cool threadbombing thing back there, I'm trying it!)

Old 09-29-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Safe travels and have a great time in Florida Toots! Back to summer temperatures for you. I think Orlando was the airport that I was in that had a monorail to shuttle you around. Or maybe it was Tampa?

Have lots of fun and use sunblock.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Do your best

Watching the night of its got great reviews & were just finishing off the first episode I'm hooked lol

My last night with mrs sw as she leaves for a family vacation tomorrow morning for the next week I'm going to miss her my brother is staying over Saturday so it's just me & the pooch tomorrow .. hopefully I can get back to training as hopefully my hand & knee will be fully healed after slightly straining both while exercising if not I won't risk injury

Spk soon guys
Old 09-29-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Toots,
Have a good flight and vacation.

Andy,
You too.

RZ,
Yeah that's is what I read here when I was first sober and I was shocked anyone did it without a doc, at least in the loop. My previous was about how everyone chooses their own way and I have yet to read about anyone who did an in hospital medical detox. I am sure there are many but few I have read. Granted, I have not been out of the Overs much in the last three years, so more may be checking in to a hospital. But despite it being read as medically OK because of the way I wrote it, I have always written to get with your doc. At least read him in on the issue as he/she can help immensely.
I just meant that I was not suggesting anyone do it my way, which was to do everything at first, then drop away from what was no longer needed or relevant.
Glad you made it too.

Wolf,
Have a good break as absence does make the heart grow fonder for those with love.
Watching the night of what with great reviews? Hope the strains are healed.

FBL,
Noooo! I admit it, I detested the camel after a bit but like a wart it grew on me. I missed my weekly dose of retro kitsch.

Sassy,
We give our furkids more care and feeding than many would. That is a good thing. Your fur kid won the lottery too.

I am with you in I consider everything we survive as lessons in our humility in success. There but for the grace of some higher power . . .

IP,
Good luck with the roomie. I've had one for 44 years. We lived through each others' trial and triumphs. Good job on the recursive threadbomb!

Well I am trying to set up the surgery dates but it is waiting on my Aunt in Boca to see if she can arrange one of the grand nephews as my adult for the first 24 hours. I have a good friend that lives an hour from Tampa in Bowling Green who can do it the second week of October. It is a much longer drive for them. Our dad is getting worse by the week and does not do well when she is not there at least daily. Not a good time for us to be out of state as I may have mentioned earlier. But he might be around for a few years yet, so we have to do what we can. I can be gone now but not later.

Life is good! Y'all take a moment to realize you all are appreciated by more than just me.

Y'all don't do anything I wouldn't do, and remember I have children!
Old 09-29-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Good night Overs! Have a grand time Toots!

to all.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Do your best

It's a hbo show we caught on sky atlantic I think itch it's entitled 'the night of' we watched the first episode and it was gripping to say the least

Wishing everyone a nice day
Old 09-30-2016, 03:02 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Just back from A&E (Emergency room) DD's toe is not broken just badly bruised. Someone trod on it while they were playing net ball. Her toe looks like the 'treader' was wearing those weighted boots the early divers wore.

Have a good one everyone.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry to hear that Andy

Mrs sw is checking in her bags I'm going to go jogging & try to get my haircut my normal barber is away & last time I trusted the new guy as part as tackling an internal gremlin (chimp paradox) and now I guess is the real moment of truth

Wish me luck lol