Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 11-03-2016, 01:00 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say good morning. Darn, I almost wrote happy Friday ooops, i'm ahead of myself.

Happy Thursday! with lots of if you need one.

Thinking of you all!
Old 11-03-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hi guys, hope you all had a good day,

How's you Jo?
Old 11-03-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone and Happy Thursday Not much to report here as of late. Still searching for that mythical balance in my life that I read so much about. I know a lot with my head.....turning knowledge into practical application....not my strong suit. So the quest continues. Still sober, super tired, & relatively happy at 6 months.
Hope everyone is well
Old 11-03-2016, 12:08 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

6 months Simplicity that is simply amazing! Great to hear from you......
Tiredness levels crippling here but I'm pushing on and trying to be as normal as possible for the girls. It's not their fault I'm withdrawing so I'll do my best with them and crash out later when I can. Patience is my friend and the minute. Patience to feel better, patience for energy, patience for my head to feel sharper. Was great getting back to AA the last couple of nights despite returning on the back of a relapse. I'll go again tomorrow lunchtime too.......3 per week is what I need right now.
Here's to a sober weekend and take care all xxx
Old 11-03-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Congrats Sim, 6 months is wonderful How is the running going?

Hey Jo, you're doing great, not long and you'll be feeling better!

Hi Country Gal and Camery and Flossy and Dee and everyone else who's reading.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi guys, if you have a chance go and visit the November Class, lots of nice people, they just came up with a name and it's No-bender. Great name isn't it.

The october class are the Rocktobers. They're doing really well too.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Just checking in-- I have been here just haven't had much time to post. Still getting the hang of this working thang!! LOL. By the time I get home unwind and sit down I am exhausted. It is a good exhausted but still.....

Happy Thursday-- cant believe how fast the week goes. Tomorrow is Friday already, and it is November!!!

Hope you are all doing well. Good to hear from everyone!
I will check in and post more soon.
All my best,
CAmery
Old 11-04-2016, 01:08 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Good morning mayflies. Just checking in to say hi really. Bad nights sleep and lots to do but not going to take a drink no way......wishing you a lovely peaceful day friends xxx
Old 11-04-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hi-de-ho Mayflies! Thanks for all the support! You guys are the best
Elke-The running is going good! I been sort of slacking off lately and I'm trying to get back into the routine of it again. I'm always better for it
Camery-Glad to hear all is well with you
Jo-Hope you had a good day and I'll be saying prayers that you rest extra well tonight.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Thank you Simplicity. This is a journey for me and if it is rough right now then so be it. I am in for the long run and all the anxiety etc can try to drag me back to that pit but I won't let it. Not this time! Wishing you all a peaceful weekend mayflies xxx
Old 11-04-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Camery, I know the feeling, same here, totally exhausted after work, in bed by 7:30 reading and posting on SR, nice and cosy, perfect. You sound very content, good going.

Sim, I used to run regularly with a club, many moons ago, in 2001 I ran the London Marathon to mark a round birthday. In the goody bag they had a tshirt saying Been there, done it, and I thought ok then and soon after I stopped. Sometimes I wish I could get back into it but where I live now there are lots of steep hills
I can understand why you love it so much.

Hey Jo, thinking of you, have a great weekend. Have you been on the Weekender thread before, a nice bunch of people, great sense of humor too.

Much love to you all X
Old 11-04-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Elke-Wow, that's awesome that you ran a marathon!!!! I've never made it that far! We have a lot of steep hills around here too. My thighs were feeling the burn earlier this week after a 3.5 mile hill run. Good training ground tho.....if I can run here....I can run anywhere
Old 11-05-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Can't sleep So I figured I'd do something constructive....I had a powerful craving for a drink last night. This is the first real craving I've had in a good while. Wasn't able to take time for a lengthy post, as we had dinner guests for the evening . No one was drinking so that's not what sparked it. Perhaps it was all the talk of politics, religion, and the feeling of death, doom & despair surrounding our options for president. Bah. I can not wait till this freaking election is over.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Sunday morning check in. Today is the spring fair at Child 1's school. It's shaping up to be perfect weather for it (25c and big, blue skies), so it should be a good day. I think we'll end up watching a movie this afternoon, to relax after the mayhem that is certain to pan out this morning. Ah! But I do need to fit grocery shopping in there, too. Urgh. So that's my plan for the day - relaxed and low key. Hope everyone else has a good day planned.

Simplicity - if it's any consolation, I'm completely over the US election, too. Sorry to hear about the craving, though. That doesn't sound fun. Hope you got some sleep and feel better about things today. (Am I in the right time zone? I have no idea what time of day you're on ...)
Elke - A marathon is impressive! I am not a runner. I do need to think about some more cardio based activity, though, as kayaking and yoga are fairly sedentary. I'll work on thinking about it.
Jo - hope that you're feeling a little better today? We might be a much smaller number now than we were in May, but there are a few of us here who show it can be done. You got this.
Camery - I know! Where is the year going?! I need to start thinking about Christmas presents for the rellies in Blighty. Hope work is going well.
CG - I think I'd be pretty nervous about how court and everything was going to play out, too. But your actions now count as well. Keep on keepin' on. Hopefully the fact that you've been voluntarily attending meetings will count for something.

Hello to anyone lurking I may have missed.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

This marathon took me 5h to run, I never was a natural runner but I'm pleased I've done it.

Like you Flossy, I have been thinking about getting back into exercising for a long while. There's a guy in the Nobender class and almost everyday he posts his workout and he's inspired me. So today I made myself....I thought even if I just look at the DVD that would be a start. So I open up the CD drive on my pc and looked at it LOL. It must have been my day because I actually did 30 min of a yoga/Pilates mix and it felt good. I don't want to shout it from the roof but tomorrow being sunday and I've got lots of time I have strong intentions to do it again. Watch this space. It's either this or .

Hope you're ok Sim after your craving, I remember a couple of months back and you were always very good in kicking your AV.

Jo, I hope you're ok and enjoying your weekend a bit. I just read a post on the Nobender thread from RedAndy. He's sober for a year now and he wrote about how much better his life is now and that he never wants to go back to his old life. So very inspiring. You have so much good stuff to look forward to girl. You can do, pull through the first couple of weeks and you'll feel better. I'm thinking of you.

Camery, how are you? I hope you're not stressing out too much, look after yourself hon.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Flossy-Best I can figure, we're on a 16 hour time difference (That's huge and kind of cool). Sounds like y'all had a perfect day for Spring fair! Glad you're finding some time to relax
Elke-I'm no natural runner either. I think it helps me to relish my accomplishments all the more.....
Hello to everyone else
Well not much on the books for today. Maybe I'll try to do a something outside. It's fall fest here and foliage is at it's peak. Truly beautiful. Wishing everyone a Happy & Sober Sunday!
Old 11-06-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and Happy Sunday!
Beautiful fall indeed Sim--- having coffee on the patio in November...... odd seeing as I live in the northern part of WI where we should have snow by now.
Hope you are all doing well!!! I am totally having a lazy day, and not even gonna care.
My job is going good. Lots for me to learn, but I love it! Awesome people to work for and with. I can honestly say I wake up every day and love going to work--- haven't been able to say that in a long time.
My new house is so stinkin' cute too. I absolutely love it--- it is very nicely done. Met most of the neighbors and everyone is super nice.
Things are going okay with me and my friend. He has his days I guess. But don't we all? Its an adjustment for both of us independent people to have a "roomie". But we make it work!!!
Hope you all have a great day. I will check in later this afternoon!
All my best--
CAmery
Old 11-06-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hi all. How lovely to read how you are all getting on guys! New homes, jobs, exercise regimes......all very inspiring! I overslept today (10.30 good God!) So felt a little stressed that I'd wasted half the day and had no plan to speak of (girls at their dad's) then bf suggested we get our walking boots on and go for a bit of a hike. Really didn't want to (mountain of chores to do) but I said yes and really enjoyed it. Physical exercise is something I'm utterly not motivated to do but it really did help my anxiety. Got a nice meal in the oven now and the stove is burning away.......must admit having an early evening craving but I know it will pass and I know I will get to bed sober tonight. One week tomorrow thank goodness......so glad to have you guys.....wishing you a peaceful day xxx
Old 11-06-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hi Jo!
Sounds like you are having a good day! Sleep is good for the soul, so when you have days like that, by all means enjoy the extra zzzzzzz's!
A nice walk sounds good too. I have been slacking all morning-- feeling guilty about it, but I am content chillin in my jammies, and watching movies.
We are taking advantage of the nice temps and are cooking out for dinner, so at some point I need to get motivated to get to the store.
Enjoy your day!!!
Old 11-06-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Thanks Camery and enjoy your chilled day too.....balance I think is the key I think so if it's jammies till lunch time then enjoy!!!!