Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 11-18-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Friday night in. Watching Children in Need. So grateful to be sober tonight......goodnight friends xxx
Old 11-19-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hi everyone-
Sorry to hear about your friend Elke. Safe travels to you as you travel across the country side.
So glad to hear from everyone! Jo, sounds like you are doing well. Friday night in sounds wonderful!!!
Had a crazy busy week at work ( and I absolutely LOVE that) PINK tickets went on sale last night for our Summerfest music festival here in July, and I managed to get online and get two really decent seats for the July 2 concert before it sells out. We've been dying to see her in concert, and cant wait!
The weather here has been unseasonably warm for the last few weeks. While contemplating if I should get up early on this chilly SAtureday morning and have coffee on the patio, I looked out my window and realized it is SNOWING! I've waited weeks for the frozen tundra like weather to hit me here, and by gosh--- here it is!!! This may be the only time you will ever here me actually say I am excited to see snow!!! Bring on the boots, hats and gloves!
OK-- enough excitement here on my end. I hope ALL of you are doing well. My apologies if I didn't mention all of your names, but I love ya'll just the same.
Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
--Camery
Old 11-19-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hi Camery you sound in great spirits it's great to hear your happiness shine through. Pink tickets wow that will be an awesome night!!!
I've been somewhat floored today by a bad head cold......feel rubbish not unlike a really bad hangover to he honest. Oh well I'll just guzzle herbal tea and blow my nose A LOT!!!!
Hope you're all well guys xxx
Old 11-19-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon Jo

Hope everyone else is doing ok

D
Old 11-19-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

I am struggling with my guilt over how angry my husband is at me for relapsing this week. I'm currently about 21 hours since my last drink and he doesn't want to speak to me or be around me.

I absolutely understand why he is mad and it was all my fault and he needs some time to process it.

I worry that he will never believe that I will be able to stay sober after it has taken me 5 years - Oct 2011 was when I first began to drink heavily on a regular basis, as I've said I'd quit many times over that period and have not. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, and I'm trying not to think that in his mind every day he is going to be wondering if this is the day I relapse. I'm not sure I want to stay with him if we are just going to live together as roommates for the kids.

I know staying sober is the right thing to do either way, but I'm sad I put myself in this position. I have to keep reminding myself that I will not drink because of it which wouldn't resolve anything other than reinforce that I can't stay sober. Sigh.

He left to go somewhere with one of the kids, but didn't take them both b/c it's "too much for him" - his words - to take them both with him. I really could have used the alone time, so then on top of my guilt, I feel resentment at him for this. I took the kids by myself somewhere for 3 hours today and it was fine!

Being able to acknowledge this, even in the cyber world, makes me feel a bit better. I will have to see if there are any outpatient options near me.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RainbowBird View Post
I am struggling with my guilt over how angry my husband is at me for relapsing this week. I'm currently about 21 hours since my last drink and he doesn't want to speak to me or be around me.

I absolutely understand why he is mad and it was all my fault and he needs some time to process it.

I worry that he will never believe that I will be able to stay sober after it has taken me 5 years - Oct 2011 was when I first began to drink heavily on a regular basis, as I've said I'd quit many times over that period and have not. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, and I'm trying not to think that in his mind every day he is going to be wondering if this is the day I relapse. I'm not sure I want to stay with him if we are just going to live together as roommates for the kids.

I know staying sober is the right thing to do either way, but I'm sad I put myself in this position. I have to keep reminding myself that I will not drink because of it which wouldn't resolve anything other than reinforce that I can't stay sober. Sigh.

He left to go somewhere with one of the kids, but didn't take them both b/c it's "too much for him" - his words - to take them both with him. I really could have used the alone time, so then on top of my guilt, I feel resentment at him for this. I took the kids by myself somewhere for 3 hours today and it was fine!

Being able to acknowledge this, even in the cyber world, makes me feel a bit better. I will have to see if there are any outpatient options near me.
Hi RainbowBird! I'm sorry the family dynamics are less than ideal right now. Relationships can be complicated and messy and very complex and often alcohol only exacerbates existing cracks within a relationship. At least that has been my own experience. Be gentle with yourself and make sobriety your first priority, one day at a time.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Administrator

H Rainbowbird - nothing wrong with you posting here but this is the class of May 2016...if you want the Class of November thread (for everyone quittign this month) it's always in the main Newcomers forum

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post6214762
Old 11-19-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Speaking of relationships...I feel like I've been being pulled in so many directions lately. Over the last few weeks it seems people have been coming to me left and right for support and though I have a heart to make the time for them, I find myself feeling emotionally depleted. So much so that at times I feel as if the life force is actually being sucked out of me. I've noticed that when I experience this extreme emotional fatigue my AV kicks up like crazy and I keep finding myself needing to come back to the basics of self care just to maintain my sobriety. I need to put me first or I will relapse and I've worked too hard and come too far to allow that to happen. I need to safeguard me first. Even if it appears cold and selfish to others.
Jo-Hope you feel better soon friend! Sounds as if plenty of rest is on the agenda
Camery-Bundle up and enjoy that snow! The cold weather is headed this way and I'm with you, Bring it!
Old 11-20-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Sim- I can totally relate you what you are saying. I, too, put others first and it really had an effect on me. When I started to put "me" first, is when I really was able to feel much more in control over my sobriety. Take care of you first, others after. Sounds selfish, but it is the only way I will survive and not let the thoughts of my AV take over, and then I am back to Day 1. I don't wanna go back there!!!
Hope you are feeling better Jo! R&R will do you some good! Take it easy.

Not much on the agenda today. A few errands if that, and then it is a day of rest for me. Get ready for the grind next week, but it is a short one, so lots to get done in 3 days!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
--Camery
Old 11-20-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

I hear ya Camery! Sounds like a good plan for today! Think I may join you in that rest & relaxation!
Old 11-21-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Happy Monday Mayflies! Well it is sinking in that the holidays are upon us...can't believe Thanksgiving is Thursday! We'll be spending some time with my in-laws for a feast at lunchtime then home to cook a small Thanksgiving meal here for just the 2 of us. Should be pretty low key. Anyone else have any plans?
Old 11-21-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Prayers appreciated for tomorrow

Hey all - sorry I've been mia from our group for awhile. When it rains, it pours.

Pretrial and anticipated sentencing tomorrow around 8am (eastern standard time). I've logged my AA meetings and had my alcohol assessment already. At my assessment the counselor ranked me a 4 on the MAST test (Michigan alcohol assessment test, but the acronym is MAST). Anywho. My sister and the hubs are coming with me. My sis is also a social worker so she's been giving me some pointers. And I've had some very understanding people in AA, which makes it a lot less lonesome.

Also, been ill with some rough bronchitis but that's getting better now. And a lot of financial woes to boot. And anxiety of what could transpire once this becomes public information. Worry worry. Stew stew. Rot rot. Fester fester
Old 11-21-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the outcome is the one you want, CG

D
Old 11-21-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!
Good to hear from you CG-- hang in there sista!!!! Hope you are starting to feel better for tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Please be sure to let us know how that goes.
Busy day today..... but got my hair did this evening with a new stylist and I love it! the color is amazing!!!!
Thanksgiving is a quiet day at home, off Friday, but no black Friday shopping.

Hope you are all doing good!! Talk tomorrow!
Camery
Old 11-22-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Hi all.
Hey CG great to hear from you. I truly hope a little luck comes your way soon. This is as bad as it's going to get perhaps so fingers crossed it'll be gradually up and up from now. Your facing it and taking it on the chin and should be proud of yourself. I hope one day you'll look back on this period as the one where your life changed for the better......and for good too xxx
Yes Sim look after yourself as you need to. You have good self awareness so listen to those feelings. It's not selfish it's utterly necessary.
I must admit I feel terrible still. This cold/flu virus has hit me hard and I'm not sleeping either (coughing like mad all night). Might even need another trip to the docs but at least I won't be scared to go so that's good. Ugh feeling sorry fur myself but hey ho I know I'll be fine and I'm still sober (over 3 weeks now) so that's the main thing......bed soon (it's only 6pm haha!). Night night all xxx
Old 11-22-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Still truckin'

So I lived through sentencing

Only thing heavily wounded is my pride. I did cry some. Very embarrassing.

I have 3 AA mtgs/week, educational counseling, and a mandatory education madd class on January 3rd. Original sentence from the judge is one year with re-evaluation at 3 months. Sporadic drug testing, no alcohol / drugs in house or premises, stuff like that. So far I think the worst part was getting belittled by the judge.

But keeping on keeping on
Old 11-23-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
So I lived through sentencing

Only thing heavily wounded is my pride. I did cry some. Very embarrassing.

I have 3 AA mtgs/week, educational counseling, and a mandatory education madd class on January 3rd. Original sentence from the judge is one year with re-evaluation at 3 months. Sporadic drug testing, no alcohol / drugs in house or premises, stuff like that. So far I think the worst part was getting belittled by the judge.

But keeping on keeping on
At least it's over.....take care hun xxx
Old 11-23-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

You made it!!! Rest easy my friend-- the hard part is over. You got this!!

Love ya girl-
Camery
Old 11-24-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving Mayflies! Grateful for every one of you

Camery-I'm digging your "quiet Thanksgiving" plans! No black Friday shopping here either....that's when the crazy's come out

Jo-Congrats on over 3 weeks sober! That's awesome friend! Hope you start feeling better soon!

CG- Glad you made it through ok! keep on keeping on one day at a time.

A big hello to Elke, Eagle, Flossy, Dee, PPE, and anyone else popping in
Old 11-24-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad it's over for you CountryGal

D