Notices

Class of September 2016 Part 2

Old 09-21-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EventHorizons View Post
Anyway, I love me some grill cheese! Now you've made me kinda hungry!!
I recommend using Texas toast.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Dear lord MeSoSober! I just watched your grill cheese video... that should just about cement my BP in the triple digits.

Totes gonna make it tomorrow when I get home though. ;-)

Good night!!!

EH
Old 09-21-2016, 09:06 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
Would it be possible to eat something, hang out with someone (call someone, post here etc), have a snooze (or entire good night's rest) and use some coping skills to help your anger?

It seems you are aware of your problems ... just trying to help you with some solutions .

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

I ate, talked to my cats, but my anger is off the charts.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I want to give up but I know that's not really what I want. I want to scream and kick and cry!
Old 09-21-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

My 15 year old son is getting out of juvenile hall in 2 weeks for 2 felonies, last year he was convicted of arson. My boyfriend of 4 years is completely unreasonable and I think our relationship is over. I might have a job starting Monday contingent on passing a drug screening and background check, but if our relationship is over, that means I have no home and no car.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:15 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

No home, no car, son on probation, and no money. F'ing awesome
Old 09-21-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand the fear RedHemi but like I said to someone else today I was in a similar nearly homeless situation a few years back.

I looked at all my options and everything I was entitled to, and things worked out - right at the eleventh hour, but they worked out.

I'm wishing the same for you - I'll even send up a prayer or two
D
Old 09-21-2016, 11:12 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

these initial mood swings are kooky, i'm typically a happy go lucky guy. it's incredibly hard to get under my skin. switching between wanting to cry for no reason and being pissed at the world is quite the whirlwind.

On the bright side it's almost thursday and it's almost the first day of fall!

It's 84 degrees outside right now and just sitting in the fresh air is comforting. I can smell the end of the hot desert summer!
Old 09-22-2016, 02:29 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Red300Hemi, I truly hope you have a better day today. Someone mentioned that the mercury retrogade cycle is now over (thank the Goddess!) so that's one good thing.

It's very early morning here. Still dark outside so I can't yet report what sort of morning it is yet. Though I'm sure it is beautiful. I love mornings

I'm planning another good day today. Gotta make a couple phone calls, do some mundane but necessary tasks. Try and see the things that are there to be grateful for *pauses to add something to Gratitude Journal*

I am FINALLY now on Step Two of the 12 Steps. I'm really happy about this. This is the first time I've had a Sponsor say, "Ok, well done, you are now ready to move onto another Step". It may sound like a small, silly thing but I am really stoked and excited about it. I'm really digging my teeth into this Step work. I think it's a great blueprint for a spiritual and ethical way of life.

I'll check in later I'm sure. I hope everyone has a fabulous, sober day.
Speaking of which, Day#10 for me
Old 09-22-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I'd like to join the September group. Day 1 for me.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Morning nines!

Hi clear path, welcome, and good luck!

Congratulations windancer! I know you've been working hard at this!

And I'm very sorry Red300Hemi. Keep trying and don't give up hope. Maybe some of the older and wiser group members can help you come with a plan.

Good luck today everyone!!

EH
Old 09-22-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red300Hemi View Post
This has been one of the worst days. I am hungry,angry, lonely, and tired...also broke, thirsty and miserable.
Hey Red- So sorry you are not feeling so well. I truly hope today is a better day for you and that you find a way to reach inside and find the light at the end of the tunnel. If this is the worst it can get, that means it can only get better from here.

When I am feeling down I like to stop myself and list, out loud, 10 things I am grateful for. It tends to work (and I end up crying happy tears every time.) Maybe you could give it a shot and see if it helps you.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
Welcome Clear Path and have a wonderful Day 1- if you need support, remember we are just a keyboard away. Don't hesitate to ask if you are having cravings or just need someone to talk to. Glad to have you...
Old 09-22-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

So relieved to be feeling better than I was yesterday- I am ready to tackle the day and the rest of the work week, and am so glad I took a day off to rest.

Despite all the motivation, I feel like a fraud here. Because I struggle with 2 addictions (drinking, binge eating) I don't really feel recovered if I am active in one of them. In fact, my brain is constantly reminding me of something that happened when I was an in-patient back in 2007:

I was in the dual diagnosis program but staying in the eating disorder unit since I was actively bulimic back then (haven't done that in years.) It was after my intial 30 days and i was doing the day program and going back home at night. I wasn't drinking but I still went home and binge/purged and during group the next day (in my alcoholics unit) the counselor called me out and announced to the group what I had done. It was not only embarrassing but it was the first time I realized that both addictions were something I was supposed to be held accountable for and that one wasn't more important than the other.

So really, at this moment I need more support because although it's somewhat easier to just stop drinking altogether, it's impossible to stop eating in order to avoid the obsession of food.

I don't know where I am going with this. I guess I just feel a little down that it's not good enough to stop drinking when I am active in my food issues. I don't want to binge anymore- I don't want to stuff my feelings down- I don't want to have an all-or-nothing mentality anymore when it comes to how I treat myself.

I think I need to find a new therapist- I'll make that my goal for the next 2 days. I had started with one last month but during our last meeting she said some questionable things- she basically called me "vain" for wanting to be a certain weight and insinuated that it was "all in my head" when I gained weight from taking Zoloft last year. Yeah, no thanks lady. I need someone who validates my feelings and where I've been.

Sorry for the long post- need to hop in the shower and start my day!

Have a great sober one, my friends and for those of you struggling with more than one addiction, I am here for you as well and completely understand.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
So relieved to be feeling better than I was yesterday- I am ready to tackle the day and the rest of the work week, and am so glad I took a day off to rest.

Despite all the motivation, I feel like a fraud here. Because I struggle with 2 addictions (drinking, binge eating) I don't really feel recovered if I am active in one of them. In fact, my brain is constantly reminding me of something that happened when I was an in-patient back in 2007:

I was in the dual diagnosis program but staying in the eating disorder unit since I was actively bulimic back then (haven't done that in years.) It was after my intial 30 days and i was doing the day program and going back home at night. I wasn't drinking but I still went home and binge/purged and during group the next day (in my alcoholics unit) the counselor called me out and announced to the group what I had done. It was not only embarrassing but it was the first time I realized that both addictions were something I was supposed to be held accountable for and that one wasn't more important than the other.

So really, at this moment I need more support because although it's somewhat easier to just stop drinking altogether, it's impossible to stop eating in order to avoid the obsession of food.

I don't know where I am going with this. I guess I just feel a little down that it's not good enough to stop drinking when I am active in my food issues. I don't want to binge anymore- I don't want to stuff my feelings down- I don't want to have an all-or-nothing mentality anymore when it comes to how I treat myself.

I think I need to find a new therapist- I'll make that my goal for the next 2 days. I had started with one last month but during our last meeting she said some questionable things- she basically called me "vain" for wanting to be a certain weight and insinuated that it was "all in my head" when I gained weight from taking Zoloft last year. Yeah, no thanks lady. I need someone who validates my feelings and where I've been.

Sorry for the long post- need to hop in the shower and start my day!

Have a great sober one, my friends and for those of you struggling with more than one addiction, I am here for you as well and completely understand.
Glad you are feeling better today sunflowerlife
Geting yourself a new therapist sounds like a good idea
Take care x
Old 09-22-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
Morning clearpath and welcome ☺
Old 09-22-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EventHorizons View Post
Congratulations!!!!

I'very read several different philosophies on not drinking each with their own spin on things. One thing that seems consistent though is that in order to drink, you actually have go through quite a few steps to achieve that goal. You have to get your keys, your wallet, drive to the store, pay, go home (maybe I guess) open it, etc etc. And even those steps can probably broken down further.

The one philosophy that seems similar (in the moment, not big picture mind you) is that it only takes you having the strength to interrupt one of those actions, any single one.

On the flip side though, I think that is why I feel like a failure sometimes. I had the resolve to do all of these things in order to drink, but i couldn't do one thing to break the chain of events at a single link?

Anyway, I am inspired by those of you who can!

EH
That is so true EventHorizons. It is a multiple step process to drink. I chose to go run errands while I was panicking for a drink. I chose to take a route that took me right past a liquor store with the intention of stopping. I chose to stop and park. There were several steps along the way where I chose to keep going. If you can break the chain at any one of those steps along the way, you can avoid the drink. I am glad I didn't walk into that liquor store, but disappointed that I got that far along in the chain of actions before I came to my senses. I had never really thought about the multiple decisions we make along the way to get that drink. Thank you for the insight.

Stay strong and sober. PEACE !!
Old 09-22-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Stay strong Sunflowerlife. I agree....I think you need a new therapist.

Welcome ClearPath64 and congrats on your decision to start.

I am rooting for your Red300Hemi. Things sound tough for you right now, but they will get better.

Stay strong and sober my fellow classmates. Today is day 13 for me and I am praying that when my head hits the pillow tonight, I'll be looking forward to waking up to day 14 !!

PEACE !!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

W00t! End of day 11 for me. Pretty proud of myself 😁.
I've been counting calories too the last 11 days and the kgs have been falling off.
But tonight I treated myself to pizza!
Old 09-22-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Start of day one again for me but this thread and many others are quite encouraging!