Notices

Class of September 2016 Part 2

Old 09-21-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Cute!!!
Old 09-21-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Another day begins and I'm feeling good! Just lazy and sleepy *yawn*
I want to hit the beach but the rain hasn't stopped...which is fine because it's much needed!
Old 09-21-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Something I've noticed ....
I've had very few intense alcohol cravings *knock on wood*.
I don't want to drink. My dangerous moments are when I'm in a crisis state emotionally and I've more likely to say "screw it! My life is ruined so I might as well get hammered".
So as long as I remember to follow my Crisis Plan without being willful, and call my Sponsor or another AA member if I'm having thoughts of drinking, I should be ok. I just must be sure to use those coping skills during those crisis times.

I'm so thankful I'm past the point of constant alcohol cravings
Old 09-21-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Cute x

I think I'm ill. Something's just not right.

I did some ironing today and actually found it therapeutic!!

Shoot me now!
Old 09-21-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Loll Virginia I'm a saddo, love ironing although in the past usually accompanied a glass of wine on the side! Ewww.....
Old 09-21-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VirginiaWoof View Post
Happy Birthday Cute x I think I'm ill. Something's just not right. I did some ironing today and actually found it therapeutic!! Shoot me now!
I enjoy ironing too! The repetitive motion is soothing
Old 09-21-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Hi there folks. So I'm back on day 1 again. Just reaching out to tell you all how horrible it is. Cling on to your days you're notching up sober. Don't go back to the depths of despair that is drinking and then hating yourself for it and having to start all over again.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Home sick today. I keep wondering why I keep getting sick and then my good friend reminded me that stress can suppress the immune system--boy are they right about that as I am a living example and someone who got a cold maybe once a year before this insanity.
Depressed. I may not be active in my drinking addiction but I have been active in my overeating addiction all week. I am full now and in bed crying- going to watch some tv and hopefully doze off. I am so depressed. It's hard to find the silver lining right now with my marriage falling apart and the stress from work and the fact that I am sick and can't stop eating to fill the emptiness. It's never ending. I keep sabotaging so I don't have to engage in the world. I just want to feel better than this.
I know it will get better. I do. Just need to hang on until it does. One day at a time.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadsadgirl View Post
Hi there folks. So I'm back on day 1 again. Just reaching out to tell you all how horrible it is. Cling on to your days you're notching up sober. Don't go back to the depths of despair that is drinking and then hating yourself for it and having to start all over again.
Sorry to hear that Sadsad but so glad you found the strength and courage to post right away. Stay strong and get through these next few days- you can do it.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Sunflowerlife-I completely relate to what you said about sabotaging so you don't have to engage in the world. That is me all over! Slowly though we'll get strength in our sobriety to not want to sabotage. We'll be able to deal with things in a responsible way-in a way that looks after ourselves rather than flipping the switch into self destruction. I think having a big cry is healing. Embracing the feelings rather than drugging them takes the power out of them. I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts over the web. Keep on checking here.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I'm sorry for the rough stretch some of you are having. It seems to be a downer week for some of the September class.

I'may not trying to compete, but I also started feeling bad yesterday, and today seems worse. I don't get migraines, or at least I thought, but it feels like someone is stabbing me in the back of the eyeball, and my vision may or may not be getting blurry. WTF is that about. At least drinking I didn't notice this kind of ****.

Dark sense of humor seems to be functioning though. (Working at a library for some peace and quiet) I keep imagining my eyeball popping out, because im convinced its going to any second now) and rolling down the aisles, and trying to figure if I could bleed out from that before anyone noticed and tried to revive me. Not sure I want them too right now! ( the eyeball rolling through the books shelves while people are trying to read amuses me though... and if they're playing Pokémon I'm positive nobody would even notice!!)

Anyway, I have to give a presentation in like 2 hours, I'm struggling to stay focused at all... and I'm one of those weirdos who really love presenting. Sigh...

Sorry some of you are struggling right now... be strong!

EH
Old 09-21-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Alright. Here I am again. I'm so sorry for the on again off again relationship with SR and with being sober. I'm 8 days free and would love to have class of Sept 16 in my pocket as a resource.

Nothing major happened *this time* (other than binging everytime my stress is at critical levels and feeling that my life revolves around alcohol and that I'm sabatoging my own happiness... and the list goes on and on....)

May I join you?
Old 09-21-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the Bday wishes!! Means a lot!
Day 15. Half way to 30 which I've done quite a few times this year. This will be my last 30. I hope we can all get there together.
Bblack good to see you! Welcome!
Old 09-21-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I'm tired of being in bed. My back is hurting so bad.
I am getting off my a$$ and going for a drive.
Rain or not, I'm headed West to the ocean!
Old 09-21-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Just wanted to share some good news!
Trying to figure out where to move my horses from my ex's farm has been a challenge.
So, my parents and I have decided to put the money I would have spent boarding into their own property and keep my horses here! I am so happy and can't wait to have my beloved babies in my backyard!!!

I'm so very excited about this I can't even begin to articulate it

(I'm glad you are back so quickly sadsadgirl. Try and learn from the experience. What could you do differently next time to avoid taking that first drink?)
Old 09-21-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

That's awesome Wind! that will be so great for your soul to just be able to go out back anytime and see em.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EventHorizons View Post
Hi all, I'm sorry for the rough stretch some of you are having. It seems to be a downer week for some of the September class. I'may not trying to compete, but I also started feeling bad yesterday, and today seems worse. I don't get migraines, or at least I thought, but it feels like someone is stabbing me in the back of the eyeball, and my vision may or may not be getting blurry. WTF is that about. At least drinking I didn't notice this kind of ****. Dark sense of humor seems to be functioning though. (Working at a library for some peace and quiet) I keep imagining my eyeball popping out, because im convinced its going to any second now) and rolling down the aisles, and trying to figure if I could bleed out from that before anyone noticed and tried to revive me. Not sure I want them too right now! ( the eyeball rolling through the books shelves while people are trying to read amuses me though... and if they're playing Pokémon I'm positive nobody would even notice!!) Anyway, I have to give a presentation in like 2 hours, I'm struggling to stay focused at all... and I'm one of those weirdos who really love presenting. Sigh... Sorry some of you are struggling right now... be strong! EH
Sorry EH-that doesn't sound good. Do you get a lot of migraines? Maybe you can visit the doctor? I wouldn't be able to function let alone present like that but you sound like a trooper, rolling eyeballs and all! Hope you feel better soon and good luck this afternoon.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Alright. Here I am again. I'm so sorry for the on again off again relationship with SR and with being sober. I'm 8 days free and would love to have class of Sept 16 in my pocket as a resource. Nothing major happened *this time* (other than binging everytime my stress is at critical levels and feeling that my life revolves around alcohol and that I'm sabatoging my own happiness... and the list goes on and on....) May I join you?
No need to ask or apologize- I am sure lots of us have come and gone- the important thing is that we are here today. I hope you can post more often even when you are struggling-maybe we can help you the next time. Welcome back Blackbird.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Thanks for all the Bday wishes!! Means a lot! Day 15. Half way to 30 which I've done quite a few times this year. This will be my last 30. I hope we can all get there together. Bblack good to see you! Welcome!
must feel great to be sober on your birthday. I had a sober 40th in July and even though I relapsed afterwards I am still proud of that accomplishment. Way to go friend! You will look back on this for years to come and be proud. I know we are all happy for you
Old 09-21-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red300Hemi View Post
I'm tired of being in bed. My back is hurting so bad. I am getting off my a$$ and going for a drive. Rain or not, I'm headed West to the ocean!
Go enjoy it!!