Notices

Class of September 2016 Part 2

Old 09-23-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Another beautiful morning here where I live.
Day#10 ... double digits wooHOO. Red chip here I come.
I'm starting to feel a lot more calm and faith in life and how it unfolds.
I think that is a direct result of working the Steps, and I'm only on Step 2. Moving onto Step 2 seemed to open the floodgates to faith and praying for me. I always considered myself a very spiritually open person. But I think I lacked faith, or trust. I didn't believe I would be safe and that there is a Divine plan for me, or anyone else. Now I am beginning to develop a relationship with my higher power.

So I am in positive spirits this morning. Except my dog, Zoe, decided to take a helicopter sh*t in my living room last night. So I'm none too pleased about that.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Glad to read all the daily success stories, and how everyone is finding strength and hope I their daily struggles.
Cute gay-loved how you said "breaking up for life" I equate my drinking as being a relationship too. I have also smoked for over 20 years and want to end that relationship too.

Day 21 for me today. Feels great.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Congrats on 21 days, Pirene
Old 09-23-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

good morning everybody!

congrats on another day, it's the start of day 11 for me.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Afternoon everyone ☺
Just checking in. Congrats to you all. Day 5 for me. Have a great (sober) weekend.
Cravings pretty bad for me this afternoon but trying to keep busy. Beautiful day in UK makes me feel like a glass of wine in the garden. Trouble is it will be 1+ bottles not a glass 😔
Old 09-23-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinky1 View Post
Afternoon everyone ☺
Just checking in. Congrats to you all. Day 5 for me. Have a great (sober) weekend.
Cravings pretty bad for me this afternoon but trying to keep busy. Beautiful day in UK makes me feel like a glass of wine in the garden. Trouble is it will be 1+ bottles not a glass 😔
i find it much much easier to not drink than to have "just one"

I've tested this theory hundreds of times.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

What happened to my original attitude? What happened to my positivity and strength? I'm still clean, , but so depressed.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red300Hemi View Post
What happened to my original attitude? What happened to my positivity and strength? I'm still clean, , but so depressed.
Be strong redhemi... keep pushing on. Unfortunately that's what we're faced with at the beginning. It feels like a roller coaster. My first week was no biggie, somehow, but here at the beginning of my third week, sometimes I feel like I'm dying. I'm hoping the highs and lows smooth out a little the longer I go.

And one thing that helps keeping pushing me forward is that sober people have the highs and lows. Everyone has them.

Good luck, and be proud of your efforts!

EH
Old 09-23-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Red- what have you done in the past to lift up that dark cloud (besides drink?)
Can you make time to exercise and or/meditate? Both of those things have been proven to affect mood in a positive way. Do you have a close friend you could call? I know I always feel better after talking to someone on the phone. I hope you feel better soon...give yourself time to heal...
Old 09-23-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in-
I am proud of myself for resisting any and all binge food while at the grocery store this morning.
Now if only I could concentrate on work and stop getting side tracked!

Glad to be sober, glad to be alive. Life is worth living and can only go up from here.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I'm just not me right now, I feel like a stranger in my own mind and body. Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Can't even bring myself to paint, and I love to paint.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 weeks Pirene and double digits Wind 5 days is great Pinky!
On day 17 today. Currently reading 'The Power of I Am" by Joel Osteen. I've never been much of w book reader but his books are great to turn to when I'm feeling some kind of way. Happy Friday all and let's make it through this weekend sober and feeling FABULOUS!
Old 09-23-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Keep strong Red, it's definitely worth it.

Congrats to everyone else too.

Day 12 for me, can't believe it really.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
We have a Weekenders Thread every weekend for people to come and get support 24/7 across the weekend

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2016-a-3.html

Everyone is welcome (and of course there'll be support in this thread too) D
Ah, well good! I'm going to need it this weekend!

Thanks!

EH
Old 09-23-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
So I am in positive spirits this morning. Except my dog, Zoe, decided to take a helicopter sh*t in my living room last night. So I'm none too pleased about that.
Hi! Sorry windancer. And I know what you meant, but I had you laugh because this is what I saw in my head. (God bless the Internet too! You can imagine the rest)

Well, we'll see if that works anyway. :o)

EH
Old 09-23-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Evening all! End of Day 4 coming to a close for me.

I'm doing ok in terms of abstaining, I had about 20 days of sobriety before this most recent blip, so I think that has helped. Just had an awful day in general - so much anxiety and bleak feelings. The biggest relationship that my alcoholism ruined was with my former flatmate, and it's her birthday this weekend. We haven't spoken in two months (since I unleashed a boozy whirlwind of total chaos which resulted in my two flatmates finally telling me they could no longer live with me/take responsibility for me). I know I need to reach out to her and try to make amends, and I can't let her birthday pass without sending a message. Stressful.

There are various other things that are really getting me down in the dumps today but they won't be resolved anytime soon so no point dwelling on them right now. Grateful to be sober today. I did a boot camp style gym class this evening so hopefully sleep will come easier.

There's comfort in this thread! Sending love to everyone and good luck for the days ahead.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Day 11 and still also depressed, I have absolutely no reason to be and tend to be a happy go lucky guy. my brain is confused, it's not sure how to think without a drink.

I just keep reminding myself it's just the lack of alcohol and someday it'll go away.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EventHorizons View Post
Hi! Sorry windancer. And I know what you meant, but I had you laugh because this is what I saw in my head. (God bless the Internet too! You can imagine the rest)

EH
Old 09-23-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EventHorizons View Post

EH
LOL haha ya it was quite a mess. It was tiny pieces in a circle (more like a spiral actually). I have a little dog like that one too. I had to finish two coffees before I could even think about dealing with it.