Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 25

Old 01-07-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 01-08-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
orangutan

Just got off the phone to my brother , he is still sober he sounds good , he is starting to sleep good and today is going food shopping he has hardly been eating any thing and he says he is feeling week from not having any thing solid , sounds like he is getting past those first withdrawals , now it gets harder , once he starts to feel well he could be tempted. So keep those prayers coming , I am going to be on his back.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

I'm so glad he's feeling better, Aussie!! I will be sending major positive thoughts his way! Yes, stay close. This is a good reminder for you and all of us to stay on the right path. Big love to you and him.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's really good news Aussie

D
Old 01-10-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

It sounds like he's making great progress, Aussie! Yay!!!
Old 01-10-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Prayers- lots
Old 01-10-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

thinking of you Aussie
Babs
Old 01-11-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

hi everyone ! Still under the weather---but kicking.
Just wanted to say hi and still sober.
Babs
Old 01-11-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
orangutan

I hope you feel better soon Babs.

Wow are we ever having a hot one down here and a week more to come in the forecast , I am lucky I live on the coast and the temp. has only been around 33 degrees .c. inland have been coping 40 plus.

My Brother is still sober. It's going to be hard in this heat, he lives inland in those dreadful temperatures. I bet a beer looks good to him that heat. Thank goodness he has air con.

Love to all.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Administrator

do you ever swim at the beach Aussie? just wondered...
Hope your bro hangs in there

D
Old 01-12-2017, 02:11 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Warm weather and a beach sounds heavenly! It rained here last night, then froze. Ugh. And I have to work about 28 miles away this morning, then drive to another city to work some more, then come home. I'm leaving super-early so I can inch my way along the slippery highway and hopefully arrive in one piece.

Babs, I hope you're feeling better today! Rest up, get lots of fluids (healthy ones!) and nourish your body. Be kind to you! <3
Old 01-12-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Safe travels, PBC!
Yeah, the weather has been turbulent here. We had like 50 mph gusts 2 days ago and then yesterday thunderstorms. THUNDERSTORMS! wth? So the snow is gone, but we're getting freezing rain today. Crazy.

Glad to hear your brother is still ok, Aussie. Sorry about the heat.

Hey babs! Sorry you're illin', hope you feel better soon!

I'm packing for NYC today, I leave in the morning. I'm excited and a bit nervous. I don't fly very often, so it's always a little stressful. Not bad, but it's not every day you fly over the clouds. I always get nervous about dying on a trip when I leave my family. I'm gonna pretend that normal. lol Anyway, as much as I want to go, I'll also be a bit relieved when I'm back. I don't like being away from them much. Anyhoo...the weather looks like it's gonna be pretty good. Sunny, tomorrow and not too cold, then cold but no rain, then about 10 degrees warmer. I'm just glad no rain, cuz that's a pain when you're walking around the city. We're sort of playing it by ear as far as our itinerary. I'm sort of tagging along, so whatever is fine with me. We'll hit a show, a museum, some restaurants, some touristy stuff. Not sure if I told you or not, but I'm going with my sister in law, her friend, and a friend of hers, so there will be 4 of us. I'm hoping I don't get stuck in bars at night. My SIL doesn't drink which is nice, but I don't even want to spend time in bars, so we'll see if I can avoid it. It's only 3 nights, I'll be home Monday.

Have a great weekend, Marchers!
Old 01-12-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

oh Have a wonderful time Mirage---it sounds like a great time.
I'm still sick so, just checking in to say hi !
PBC--it snowed here again yesterday and I know I shouldn't have but, just had to go out and push some snow on the driveway.
Aussie sure hope your brother hangs in there---the hot weather for sure would tempt anyone.
hi Dee,Ph------and everyone that I have missed.
stay close everyone !
Babs
Old 01-12-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi everyone

D
Old 01-14-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday, Marchers! Whatcha up to?

Dh was bored, so I talked him into going to a home improvement store, and now we have projects for the weekend. I'm going to paint an accent wall and a teensy bathroom, put up new wall art, and he's going to figure out how to install a new backsplash in the kitchen. That'll teach him to be bored ... ha ha! We talked about going to a local museum, but it seemed like a waste of money since there wasn't a new exhibit or anything that caught our interest. We'll get much more enjoyment out of this.

<--- there was no home improvement emoji, so I picked this one. It made me smile.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
do you ever swim at the beach Aussie? just wondered...
Hope your bro hangs in there

D
Don't you watch the news Dee , there are sharks out there!!!!!
Geez if a piece of seaweed touched me
Not to mention " me " in a swimsuit
Old 01-16-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
orangutan

Just got off the phone to my Brother , I am so proud of him , he has 2 weeks , and it looks like he is committed to staying sober , he seen his doc yesterday and he was pleased he was sober he has been trying to get him to stop for a long time .
Old 01-16-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I lived at the beach for 7 years and never swam once...I might at a surf beach tho - just paddling at the edge

congrats to your brother Aussie
Old 01-16-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Nothin' like a good home improvement project, PBC! Hope the weekend went well!

Oh no, Babs..still sick? Is it a cold? Hope you're feeling better soon!

So glad to hear that about your brother, Aussie! Go jump in that ocean! Those sharks won't bother ya. I just signed us up for a swim with stingrays and 2 snorkle trips when we go on our cruise with the kids in April, so don't talk about sharks! haha

Obviously, I'm HOME!! The NYC trip was amazing, soooo much fun. I love the hustle and bustle of the big city, the sirens, the honking, all the people, the poop in the subway, lol. Don't ask. So we saw 2 Broadway shows, went to 2 well known restaurants, spent lots of time in Time Square and 30 Rock, went to the 9/11 Memorial, went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island (where the ships full of immigrants would dock when they came to America, my grandparents included). It was very successful and very tiring. Walked 10 miles each day. I had a wonderful time and am super glad to be back in my comfy house with my loving family.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:16 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back mirage

D