# 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

Beautiful shot PBC

D
Old 12-20-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Aussie belated Congratulations on 4 months ! ! YAAAAWHOOOOO!>
PBC another nice picture.
went to AA today and another PT treatment. Did a little Christmas shopping after that. It won't be long and Christmas will be here.
Babs
Old 12-20-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Great pic, PBC. Your honeymoon part deux sounds awesome!
Old 12-22-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
Aussie, this was the sunrise over the snow this morning just outside of town.

Dh and I are planning a trip for our 25th anniversary, which is next week. We're going to recreate our honeymoon, but better. When we went 25 years ago, we were broke. Ha! This time we're going to see a broadway show and go to a swanky New Year's party with live bands and dancing and confetti. I have no fear of drinking, which is such a miracle. I'm going to enjoy dressing up and dancing with my hubby and eating lots of special treats. I can't wait!
PBC those photos just keep getting prettier!!!!
Congratulations on your 25th . I know what you mean about being broke when you got married , for our honeymoon we went camping up the local river , we took our 2 dogs and we had a lovely time and I wouldn't change a thing , this year we celebrated 31 years in a posh hotel . I hope you have a wonderful time.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

We had our choir holiday concert last night, and I was so bummed cuz I bought this xmas sweater this year..super cute..says Ho Ho Ho on it in red sequins. lol BLING! Anyway...I went to put it on and the store left the stupid plastic security tag thing on it! GAH!! Can you believe it? I was so disappointed. SO, I went back today and had them take it off. That's TWO event for which I could have warn it, but the first party was cancelled and then the tag. Mind you, I would have noticed the security tag for the first event so I couldn't have warn it anyway.

Kids are off till after the new year. Going to dinner with my folks and my bro and sil tonight. Usually we do it xmas eve but they're flying out to the Orange Bowl (college football) cuz they're team is playing and why not?! lol So we'll be doing dinner with them tonight but then I can't very well leave my parents alone for xmas eve and day, so we're getting together with them again tomorrow. We'll do dinner and exchange gifts tomorrow. Probably really casual. I'm thinking pizza and salad! Having our xmas with D's family on the 30th.

I'm happy about the gifts I have for people this year. I over bought a bit I think, but it's hard when you buy early and then they come to you asking for things they'd like. Meh..they're awesome, they're worth it. I don't buy really expensive stuff, just lots of little things. But I got them some stuff they'll like, I think! Picked up some egg nog today, I think we're good to go!

How's everyone doing?? Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my lovely friends who inspire me and help me stay sober every day! Muah!

Old 12-23-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

how annoying mirage

Wishing you and all the Marchers a very Happy Christmas tho

D
Old 12-23-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Apols for any who thread surf (like me).
For JC's big day- stay safe, sober and sane. Be happy and at peace.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
orangutan

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

th.jpg

Love Claire
Old 12-23-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

No demarcation intended - you're part of the family too PJ

stay cool Aussieblue

D
Old 12-23-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

No demarks considered. Just being 'spectful.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
orangutan

Your very welcome here phoenix.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Remember the egg nog I mentioned I'd gotten? SPOILED! lol wth?! That's twice in once month I drank spoiled milk or a version of it and I swear I'd only done it like once in my life before. SO gross!! I poured a bit for my boy and me, and I sipped mine on the way into the room and blech!! He's lucky I got to it first. Unopened, with a sell by date of Jan. 15th. Weird. Weird and gross.

Had our dinner last night, but I wasn't feeling 100%. I just didn't feel great. Then after dinner I sat with heartburn for about 3 1/2 hours. That's twice in 2 weeks, too. D thinks I should see a doc for it. I can't predict it.

Sorry, I know no one likes negativity on Christmas, but geez! It's already Christmas in Aussieland, I reckon you're all tucked in with the dancing sugar plums in your heads and all that.

Enjoy, everyone! Stay away from the rotten nog, people! That's my holiday advice for you. lol
Old 12-24-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Administrator

if it's persistent heartburn I'd get it checked out mirage - probably nothing but best to have peace of mind with it?

D
Old 12-25-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
orangutan

Mirage , I always sniff any milk drink before I taste it for that very reason.
I hope that heartburn goes away but best get it checked.

Christmas day was lovely , not too hot , we sat out on the deck and ate way too much but I love prawns and oysters and couldn't stop. In Bed by 8 pm and slept like a baby. My work days will really pick up starting today.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

What a frustrating couple days, Mirage! Sheesh! I hope your Christmas day was wonderful and made up for it all.

PJ, it's nice to have you here! Personally, I'd love to hear a bit about your story, if you're up for sharing.

We had a nice holiday! And now we're dog-sitting our 2 granddogs for the week.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys, I will. Today is the first day I'm feeling better since the 24th. Christmas was great. The boys loved their presents and we had a nice, quiet, slow day by the fire, playing with our gifts and watching movies on tv. We went for Chinese food for dinner, but it wasn't very good. No biggie.

My 17 year old has some friends over today to play Dungeons and Dragons. Such sweet teenagers. I was already drinking and smoking at 17, these kids are so innocent compared to us in the 80s. Shhhh..don't tell them! lol

Your xmas sounds nice, Aussie! I don't do seafood any time of year, haha, but I know it's tradition for some folks at xmas. Don't work too hard.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hello all. Hope the season is peaceful for all. My story, in 2 parts posted in 2 threads in Newcomer's in far more detail than was comfortable to share. That was exactly the point. PJ I:-)>
Old 12-27-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

So I just got home from a meeting for work, and there was a woman crying there because her son had tried to kill himself that morning. We all rallied around her, and after the meeting she talked with me for a while, and it turns out that I know him from AA. He'd been at our Bible study Thursday night, drunk, and we'd talked about him going home to sleep it off and then come Friday to the regular AA meeting. He never showed on Friday. I guess he's doing okay now ... in the hospital, and hopefully going to spend some time at a mental hospital after this.

This disease sucks royally. He's a nice guy who was just starting to make some heart progress. I hope this is his "bottom" moment and that he starts the upward climb from here.

Another woman joined the conversation, and it turns out her husband is also an alcoholic. She's angry with him, frustrated, and doesn't know why he won't stop. I guess he'd had several years of sobriety, and he went back out.

That's terrifying.

I was thinking the other day that this is so much like my allergy to seafood. I could go 20 years without eating seafood, but that would not mean that my allergy was gone. If I eat a lot of seafood, I'll die. If I eat a little seafood, I'll die. It doesn't matter how much .... it's the fact that it's seafood that is deadly to me. In the same way, it doesn't matter how long I'm sober or how small the quantity is ... I can't have alcohol ever in any quantity. And as long as I avoid it completely, I can live.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for your friend and her son PBC.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Bump