Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 25

Old 12-05-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it through the storms (that just made me think of an old Barry Manilow song "through the rain"), Aussie. That sounds scary!

Nice to meet you, PJ!

How did the essay thing go, Mirage? Did he win? And HOW FUN that you get to go to NYC! You could say hello to Frances!

Nothing unusual going on here. Working lots, going to lots of AA, all decorated for Christmas and pretty much ready, too. I'm starting up a new AA/Bible study in the new year that I finally got final approval on from the venue. I hope it takes off! This week I'm hosting some special events for my work stuff, too ... it should be fun.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Babs, can I come over for the caramel corn? YUM!
Old 12-06-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hey PBC! We won't know how he did until the 24th, but I'm really not counting on it. They had over 900 kids there and they choose 45ish to come back for the interview round for the coveted final 20 spots. I'd be quite surprised if he got called back in. He thought it went well, a good experience for him. He's really leaning toward going there. Is your oldest still there? I thought she started there but I may be remembering wrong. That would be so crazy if they were there at the same time, when this world is so big. He got accepted into the honors college there so that's very appealing to him. We're still waiting to hear from MSU but I really think he's leaning toward the smaller school. I cry when I think of him not here. Ugh. It's going to be so hard for me.

Picking up my xmas cards today and hopefully getting our tree! I need to start wrapping gifts and putting lights on the bushes!

Errands today! Hope you all have a good one!
xx
Old 12-06-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

My middle girl is a junior there right now. We go often! If he ends up going there, we could take him out for food sometimes when we visit.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
orangutan

Holy Crap we have been taking a beating here with storms , now they have taken to coming in the wee hours of the night, an American tourist was killed yesterday after being struck by lightning , he was only 24 , he and his girl friend were camping on top of Mount Warning , so very sad . More storms forecast for at least another 3 days. Why can't I be like other people when it comes to storms , I just can't deal with this , panic attacks and anxiety daily , I am off the planet.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

AB- heard about the lightning bit. Nothing much more on the storms. Yes- very, very sad. Stay safe (obviously). If your panic is too much- stay with someone and keep posting. Also obviously, don't drink. Prayers- PJ.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hope your doing better Aussie----
hey there PBC---finished that caramel corn and some cookies. Come on over and I'll put the coffee pot on to go with those cookies.
Have a great day everyone !
Babs
Old 12-07-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by aussieblue View Post
Holy Crap we have been taking a beating here with storms , now they have taken to coming in the wee hours of the night, an American tourist was killed yesterday after being struck by lightning , he was only 24 , he and his girl friend were camping on top of Mount Warning , so very sad . More storms forecast for at least another 3 days. Why can't I be like other people when it comes to storms , I just can't deal with this , panic attacks and anxiety daily , I am off the planet.
Sony Aussie it's been a pretty rough storm season. What do you do for panic attacks and anxiety now?

D
Old 12-07-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your storms, you guys! Hang in there.

Yes, I'm sorry PBC, I TOTALLY knew it was your middle child, not your oldest. I misspoke. It's funny when those mistakes hit you. I think I was laying in bed and all of a sudden I was like, "DOH! Not her oldest, numnuts! Her middle kid!" lol Thank you for that sweet offer. I hope your daughter is enjoying it!

Finally got our tree tonight! Love that pine smell. It's a great size. Lights and tinsel are on, but I'm gonna wait a bit on the ornaments, cuz the branches need to relax and fall a bit. Happy to have it up!
Old 12-08-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

hi everyone ! Just put up our tree---it's a big one and it took me all morning and I still have lights and decorations to put on. But, that's ok ---there is plenty of time. It's snowing again today so, a very good day to stay inside and decorate.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Babs
Old 12-09-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

We should post tree pictures! I'll post mine tonight, after it gets darker. It will be prettier then.

I just cleared the driveway for the first time this winter ... and so it begins. I can sure tell that I haven't exercised in a while! Sheesh! I'm all shaky now. I just had a banana to make sure my sugar levels aren't too low.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

oh I know what you mean PBC. I shoveled yesterday and then I came in the house and looked out the window and it was SNOWING ! ! ! again. ha ha
I'm out of shape but, do like the fresh air.
Hope everyone is staying well for the Holidays.
Babs
Old 12-09-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sony Aussie it's been a pretty rough storm season. What do you do for panic attacks and anxiety now?

D
Hi Dee, mostly I just go to my bedroom and lay on the bed and practice deep breathing , I do have Valium the doc prescribed but I try not to take them , the truth is I don't think they help in a storm but once it has passed I do sleep well if I have taken one. 2 days now without a storm and it looks like a quit week for weather.
I just can't get myself together for Christmas the few things I have bought are still not wrapped , I am just not into it this year.

I want snow photos please , I have never seen snow , I would love a white Christmas , all rugged up around an open fire place.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope it's been a bit cooler for you too the past couple of days Aussie

D
Old 12-09-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
orangutan

It has been Dee, quiet pleasant and this morning I was pulling up the bed covers . NICE!!!!
Old 12-10-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Oh, I can do snow pictures, Aussie! We have lots every year. Here's my house after the first real snow this past Sunday night:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FullSizeRender (57)-001.jpg (45.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 12-10-2016, 03:22 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

And here's our tree:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FullSizeRender (58)-001.jpg (81.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 12-10-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hiy'all
Old 12-10-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Your pictures are lovely, PBC!

We're getting snow tomorrow, a fair bit of it, too. About 15cm (6 inches) for you Aussies! We have a family Christmas party tomorrow..aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. I'm a little worried about the snow and everyone driving. I'll take pics of my tree and snow, too. I keep thinking more pictures here would make it fun, but I never do it! haha. I have to look up how to do it again.

I had breakfast yesterday with 5 other choir moms. It was SO fun, I laughed so much. We gather every Friday morning, but some come, some don't, etc. This was just a perfect set of women. I'm so glad I'm doing stuff like that now. I still feel a bit like an outsider, I always do. But just going and enjoying it makes me happy.

If you ever find yourself in the States during winter, you are welcome to come cuddle by our fire, aussie!

Hi PJ! Hope all is well with you!

Have a great day, all!
Old 12-10-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks for the photos PBC . WOW your house looks beautiful in the snow!!! And your tree is beautiful as well.

Looking forward to seeing yours Mirage. Thanks for the invite too.
Glad you had a good time with those choir Mum's .

Hi Phoenix Babs and Dee

Lofty and Dave where are you?
Bryan we haven't heard from you in a long time either.

So it's lovely and cool again this morning, loving this.
Off to Chinese again tonight. We only have a choice here of Chinese or the pub for eating out , and we are very lucky because the Chinese is great. Sunday nights are my night off, NO cooking

Have a great weekend everyone.