Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-10-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hello all. I relapsed last night. I've had my mother in law here for the week. Drive south last Friday to get her and brought her back Saturday. We take her home Friday and return again home on Saturday. She and I get along but it's definitely changed my routine. My husband has been working off and on and it's been just me and her for the most part. I meant to stay sober but I guess I've been a little more stressed than I realized. I can't wait to get back to my normal routine.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Welcome back Jan!!
Old 05-10-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I'm tempted to keep quiet because I don't have anything positive to add. Cold, rainy days and achy joints with a pinch of depression and self absorption are on the menu. Missing: sense of humor, ambition, and optimism. This will pass but when is the question?
Old 05-10-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jan1755 View Post
Hello all. I relapsed last night. I've had my mother in law here for the week. Drive south last Friday to get her and brought her back Saturday. We take her home Friday and return again home on Saturday. She and I get along but it's definitely changed my routine. My husband has been working off and on and it's been just me and her for the most part. I meant to stay sober but I guess I've been a little more stressed than I realized. I can't wait to get back to my normal routine.
Me too Jan. We can get back to it together. Take care 😊
Old 05-10-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Just finished work. It's raining here so straight home to cook a nice dinner. Feel okay thank goodness the slip hasn't made me any more anxious. Hope everyone is well 😊
Old 05-10-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hang tough wombat!

Welcome back to those I've missed!

Morning peeps! Checking in to begin day 5.

Had a very real epiphany about the job thing. Maybe the universe has something even better in store for me. And this is my wake up call that I can't continue how I have been.

Still getting emotional - just teared up at work. Grrrr.

Starting on my updated resume tonight. Wish me luck! I see there's a job opening in my field closer to home. Gonna try for it. Fingers crossed!!! Good vibrations appreciated ...
Old 05-10-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi guys.
Welcome to all the new people.
Sorry I missed a couple days. Ive been hiding out, working on my recovery plan, avoiding everyone except my mom. I had to shut my phone off because I kept getting calls from user buddies.
Idk whats wrong with me right now. My head is just in a really weird place, and Im feeling so sad and tired and wrong.
Oh well, ill survive.

Hi, Jo. Its ok. I mess up all the time, but i keep getting back up. You cant do anything else but try your best. You can do it.
Hi, Wombat. Wish i could answer your question. Id like to know too. Loved the chant, btw. I wish you felt better. I wish i felt better.
I hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Good luck Countrygal. Sending lots of good ju ju your way.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
9 hrs til I get off and get to first day on
My couch - 5k program.
I don't care if I have to walk the whole thing !
I'll not put off getting better one more day.
Wooooot! It feels so good! Indeed walk if you must, baby steps. Is there a local race you can sign up for? A future date on the calendar is great motivation.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chickenlady06 View Post
Day 5 checking in, I feel much better this morning than I did yesterday. I did have a rough night, just a bunch of nervous energy and thinking on past failures and embarrasments. I worked on meditation and about the time I fell asleep my 7 month old woke up, I had to rub her tummy and she went to bed quickly, but I had to start the process over again. So lots of coffee in my future today. this!!!
I have the past haunting me a bit too. I need a tattoo of raffiki. "It doesn't matter, it's in the past" hakuna matata and all that. People can tell you "accept the thing you can't change" but it doesn't stop those crappy thoughts from creeping in. Good luck on quest for coffee.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

High hopes for you country gal !!
BBF, I'm gonna have to tough out through the beginners pains for a little while. I'm way overweight, and I'm doing it this on my own. Except for you guys !
If it goes good I might start looking up 5ks.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
I'm tempted to keep quiet because I don't have anything positive to add. Cold, rainy days and achy joints with a pinch of depression and self absorption are on the menu. Missing: sense of humor, ambition, and optimism. This will pass but when is the question?
Chime in positive or negative LW. We are happy you are here with us. Hope you find some good in today. :-)
Old 05-10-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

JL I'm overweight too, Made the decision to start running again and work towards a half marathon when i joined may class SR.

I'm all about Slow and steady. Looking forward to watching the pace go up and pounds go down. I'm two weeks in and am noticing major differences in the bod, even tho scale stays put. I'm hooked.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Me too! Me too! I'm way overweight too. I just received this text from my one true friend. "Delivered: Your Amazon package with Vosges Dark Chocolate Bonbons Caramel Collection 50 pc .32 oz each was delivered." I'm indulging myself with small doses of very expensive chocolate for the nonce. Otherwise I'm eating healthy mostly protein, veg, and fruit meals. Standard for lunch is going to be: a slice of turkey with hummus, tomatoes, Greek olives, feta cheese, and spinach rolled up into a wrap less wrap sandwich.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
Standard for lunch is going to be: a slice of turkey with hummus, tomatoes, Greek olives, feta cheese, and spinach rolled up into a wrap less wrap sandwich.
Sounds good and very healthy...you can do this!!
Old 05-10-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I'm with BBF, wombat,
Post away good or bad.
I've got to keep hammering away at this making changes idea, to make it stick. I have to change my focus. I think this will help. Just getting by and waiting for the next family incident is not living- for me.
I feel bad about myself, so I'm no good for others, like this.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
JL I'm overweight too, Made the decision to start running again and work towards a half marathon when i joined may class SR.

I'm all about Slow and steady. Looking forward to watching the pace go up and pounds go down. I'm two weeks in and am noticing major differences in the bod, even tho scale stays put. I'm hooked.

Hey congrats on good changes !!!
Old 05-10-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Good morning. I'm listening to the birds chirping, the water running, and airplanes flying overhead. The best part is I'm not hungover! Day 3, checking in. So, proud of myself and everyone else choosing to be sober.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hey Guys!

Day 4 and I feel much better. I clocked 8 hours and 26 minutes of sleep last night and a 3 mile walk/run on the treadmill first thing this morning. So much better.

Lonelywombat, please post good, bad or ugly. That is something that I did that led to my slip ending a 13 month run of sobriety. I got where I drifted away from this site and was so miserable that I didn't want to burden anyone with it. Mistake numero uno! Our friends will lift us up no matter how toxic our rants will be. One time I was crying in a container of yogurt, feeling sorry for myself and my Class of January 2015 lifted me up. I ended the night giggling over it all.

Well off to try to accomplish something today.

Jojo
Old 05-10-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I've been lurking here for a few days and now it's time to introduce myself. I decided to quit drinking in March, and I joined the Class of March. On day 37 I drank. Not because I craved alcohol, or because I romanticized drinking or was in a social setting where others drank. I drank because I wanted to hurt myself. I've spent the better part of my life hating myself, and I've hurt myself indirectly with food, and directly by cutting myself. Lately I've discovered that the best way of showing people that I am a rotten person is to drink. Everybody knows that drinking makes you a bad person. So, I started drinking.

I am not physically addicted to alcohol, and I have never had withdrawals. I have no problems being in a social setting where others drink, I only think of drinking when I'm angry or stressed. That's when I turn the anger inwards and get self destructive. (I guess that's what happens when you're raped by your grandfather at the age of 11, your self worth disappears.) I'm in therapy for this now, and I'm working on doing good things for myself. But it is going to take time, a long, long time, and I'm so tired of fighting. Today is not a good day. But, I'll survive.

I'm on day 10 today, so I think I'll benefit from spending some time with people who are on the same page as me. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Liz