Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-09-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Unfortunately my sobriety didn't last long but fortunately I am back here determined as ever to stop.

Today is day 2 and it will be an alcohol free and sober day.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back OTL
congrats on your week as well strangeangel

D
Old 05-09-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Welcome Tigerlili, JL, purplepeopleeat and onlythelonely.

Strangeangel - try not to dwell on it too much. What will be will be. (Easy for me to say, hey?!)

Just checking in before the school run. Today has not been brilliant. Child 2 knows how to press all my buttons. And has been doing so all day.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:18 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Morning guys. Well done to everyone who got through yesterday. And get back on the horse everyone who didn't. Also welcome new guys.

I had a good night's sleep last night and woke up this morning had a shave and my face looks so much better. Red skin has almost completely gone. And my face seems much slimmer and not puffy and blotchy. day 10 here we come. Didn't struggle yesterday after work so that's a good sign.

Keep up the good work guys
Old 05-09-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Morning all. Feeling pretty low today but I'm back on it so that's something. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll pick myself up today no matter what.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Wish you a good day today, Jo. Don't beat yourself up about yesterday, look ahead. You can do this!
Old 05-09-2016, 11:55 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Morning all. Feeling pretty low today but I'm back on it so that's something. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll pick myself up today no matter what.
Morning jo. Glad your back on the wagon. No point dwelling on it but Do you know what is was that tempted you to have a drink yesterday is there anyway you could remove that trigger in future ?
Old 05-10-2016, 12:06 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Morning jo. Glad your back on the wagon. No point dwelling on it but Do you know what is was that tempted you to have a drink yesterday is there anyway you could remove that trigger in future ?
I let my AV take over and didn't ride it out like I have done every other day so far. It'd probably only have taken an hour to ride it out but I was tired of the fight. I don't think I have the self belief that I can do it for long enough for the pain to subside. All I can do is keep trying and put my all onto it.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:16 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I let my AV take over and didn't ride it out like I have done every other day so far. It'd probably only have taken an hour to ride it out but I was tired of the fight. I don't think I have the self belief that I can do it for long enough for the pain to subside. All I can do is keep trying and put my all onto it.

Keep trying. You still did very well to get as far as you did! I did 4.5 days before I caved in when I first tried and it gave me a good practice run for this time. The only way is up : )
Old 05-10-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi Ben and Jo and all my May friends,

It's Day 7 and I could use another few hours of sleep, but like Purple and others say, it's normal. Yeah, I'd rather be sleepy than the nasty other! I wonder how long it will last, then I just get a coffee and get on with it.

It's peaceful in a way to feel blunted as opposed to being in some kind of toxic distress all the time. There was always a feeling of things being terribly wrong when I was drinking...and also that it was impossible to fix anything. All that is gone now. I know there's lots to do and see and fix but it's not a big dramatic, futile thing. It's kind of like normal life.

Jo, so happy you came right back. Glad you poured the rest out. Please take good care today and hang out here as much as you need to. Xo

Off for another cup of the 'good' coffee I bought with my alcohol money.

Have a good Tuesday Mays

RBJ
Old 05-10-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Well this evening has been beyond dreadful. Child 2 (who is 5) had the mother of all tantrums - nearly 90 minutes. It wasn't his first of the day, either. I am physically and emotionally exhausted. I ended up calling his psych earlier today. The behaviour issues are getting worse again. I don't have any real urge to drink but, right now, I am missing that release that the first glass can bring. There's no wine in the house,though, so I'm staying sober. I need to find something to help me manage the stress of his challenging behaviours.

Hope everyone else is having a better day.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Day 13 for me... with simple but good news. I can throw out my fat pants because I lost the 10 pounds of alcoholic bloat that has been making me uncomfortable. Yay!

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

Bug
Old 05-10-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure you'll find some healthy coping strategies in time, Flossy
Congrats on the weight loss bug

D
Old 05-10-2016, 03:14 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Didn't sleep well. My toddler is having trouble sleeping. I can't sleep but I am not turning to alcohol for comfort. Like you said, it's better to be sleepy than the other feeling in the morning.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

One day at a time, friend. Just focus on today......I have to stop myself from looking ahead....it's too overwhelming for me to think of a lifetime of sobriety. I just have to get through today. Hang in there and glad you're back!
Old 05-10-2016, 03:53 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Welcome Purplepeopleeat & OnlyTheLonely!
Old 05-10-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Day 5 checking in, I feel much better this morning than I did yesterday. I did have a rough night, just a bunch of nervous energy and thinking on past failures and embarrasments. I worked on meditation and about the time I fell asleep my 7 month old woke up, I had to rub her tummy and she went to bed quickly, but I had to start the process over again. So lots of coffee in my future today. Let's do this!!!
Old 05-10-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

9 hrs til I get off and get to first day on
My couch - 5k program.
I don't care if I have to walk the whole thing !
I'll not put off getting better one more day.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Day 10 here and the weather is gorgeous. Off to face another day!!
Old 05-10-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Keep on keepin' on, Mayflowers. It gets better.