Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-09-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

It's 9.17 pm here in the UK. I drank about 1 and 1/2 bottles of wine tonight (tipped the rest away). After 6 days sober I only got a very short release from the craving then obsessed about tomorrow morning. In a way that is progress. At least I now know that 1 night of drinking doesn't even relax me any more. Withdrawal again in the morning ...... nightmare...
Old 05-09-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Rejoining

Hi all,

I started in the April class but drank on the weekend. Stress from a family death then other drama that followed. Haven't been on here lately and I think that's my problem. As soon as I feel the urge to drink I should log on and start reading and talking - not wait until the AV takes over. Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

LWB
Old 05-09-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

glad you are here elizke and jo, it's good to get right back on the "sober horse" no matter how bad you feel. elizke, i do that too. months okay and then for small weak moments I fall and it's back down the rabbit hole.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard to all who joined the May class!
Jo-Thanks for posting to share what you're going through and for your honesty. I'm hoping what you shared will come back to me in my own moments of weakness. Tomorrow is another day...onward & upward friend
Today is Day 11 and I'm continuing to work on my recovery plan. I'm finding it stressful to even think about my triggers, how to handle a relapse, yada, yada, yada...had to stop working on it because I was feeling so stressed I felt like drinking. There is something really messed up about that.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Welcome Jan, Elizke and LWB.

Jo, tomorrow's a new day. So long as you're learning, you're moving forwards. Keep at it!

I read an old post here yesterday which struck a chord with me: 'counting days is for prisoners'. I love that! So no more day counting here; this is just me making better choices for me. Plans today involve buying Child 1 a birthday present. Think I'll treat Child 2 to lunch out while we're shopping. Hang in there everyone!
Old 05-09-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Joining the May class! Hopefully this will be my last day 1. I had nearly 3 years sobriety at one point. I wish I could get there again.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TigerLili View Post
Joining the May class! Hopefully this will be my last day 1. I had nearly 3 years sobriety at one point. I wish I could get there again.
You will and then some...one day at a time. Welcome aboard!!
Old 05-09-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Good afternoon everyone. Just checking in. I'm on day two. Looking forward to my journey.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Welcome TigerLili!
Congrats on Day 2 - 1need help! "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao Tzu
Old 05-09-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I lost a post put up earlier today.
God in glad weekend was over. Lotta tears yelling, hurt feelings. I lost it completely. Then drank.
Calling today 1. Felt rotten yesterday.
I lost it sat night and told me wife she was treating my like I killed her father instead of cancer that took him in January.
It's been hell on us all.
Too long of a story.
Anyway I drank after that one.
I'm starting couch to 5k tomorrow..
Gotta kill this lifestyle
Old 05-09-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jan, lifewithoutbooz, TL, 1needhelp, JL and Elizke

No need to apologise to me Jo - I remember what it was like - I think everyone does

I think the various suggestions to look at your plan are good tho (for everyone coming back)

obviously posting here is helping...but maybe you guys need more?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 05-09-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Tiger Lili, I had years of sobriety too, and just started again 6 days ago. What's good is it's familiar, and feels like home. Glad to be on this path with you.

Day 6 is done; nearly a week! I feel a bit better each day. Alcohol makes me very sluggish. Now I am still fatigued but it's a clean tired, a restorative tired..like I'm actually recovering and not just, well, sick. I could sleep 16 hours a day but I am glad I get to go to work; it's a good distraction.

The Cat seems to like me better. Too early to comment on my human relationships!! Hahaha

Have a great evening Mays, and welcome to all that have started here today.

RBJ
Old 05-09-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Thank you all for checking in to the page today, keep coming back and sharing and getting help. Jo, we will see you back, get some rest and learn from your mistakes. This is my first time getting support but my 7654ish time trying to quit. Rounding out my day 4, started super positive, but a big cloud rolled over me around 3 and I've been on the verge of tears ever since. Working on holding it together so I don't blow up on the hubs and my kids. They are the last people I want to alienate right now. Work was stressful, I usually reward getting through it with a bottle of red, but I hightailed it to my gym and did the wod, and working as hard as I could with the cloud dragging me down. Usually I'm super silly, smiling and cracking jokes through the workout, but I distanced myself today and could tell my buddies noticed. Now, I'm rocking my 7 month old, then I'm having a big cobb salad with my seltzer water and a scoop of ben and jerrys then heading to bed. Hoping I'll be free of the cloud tomorrow morning. Have a lovely night y'all, and thank you again for all of the sharing it is exactly what I need right now.Hoping the support will help me be successful this time.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Today's day 7. slowly getting motivation back. Then got the standardized test scores from my students. Long story and lots of variables, but my kids did awful and I'm feeling like I failed. My school doesn't judge teachers based on scores, but I'm paranoid since my stupid performance at the school fundraiser, they'll equate my low scores to being a drunk. I've never ever even had one drink before work, but now I'm thinking they'll maybe think I was and not doing my job. Holy effing paranoia. Ugh. Glad to hear of those doing well, and if you're not, play that tape!! That's what I'm doing as I sulk about scores.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hey all. Checking in and wrapping up day 4. Had a massage tonight, got out of the house and away from the hubs' booze. Must admit though today was not as tough compared to the weekend. Just have a lot of anxiety when it comes to whether or not I'll have a job next week (meeting is a week from tonight)

Have to admit I've really been emotional this go round. Like, everything tears me up. Anyone else feeling that way?

Running a bath now but will catch up as soon as I can. Wish everyone peace and, as always, sending my hugs to u all
Old 05-09-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

CountryGal - I can definitely relate to being emotional over every little thing. I haven't been necessarily tearing up over stuff, but little everyday things just get me overly irritated and worked up. I guess when we don't have that usual relief valve of alcohol to numb things out, this happens. Hang in there, this **** isn't easy.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Back at it again. Today is day 11. Been so tired no matter how much sleep I get. I know it's just my body trying to recover and rid itself from all of that poison. Doing good though, feel less stressed since I'm not spending so much time hiding the drinking and making sure I always had enough on hand. Thanks for listening everyone.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back purplepeopleeat
Old 05-09-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
Hi everyone. Today's day 7. slowly getting motivation back. Then got the standardized test scores from my students. Long story and lots of variables, but my kids did awful and I'm feeling like I failed. My school doesn't judge teachers based on scores, but I'm paranoid since my stupid performance at the school fundraiser, they'll equate my low scores to being a drunk. I've never ever even had one drink before work, but now I'm thinking they'll maybe think I was and not doing my job. Holy effing paranoia. Ugh. Glad to hear of those doing well, and if you're not, play that tape!! That's what I'm doing as I sulk about scores.
(((Strangeangel))) this too shall pass.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Thanks dee74. I can not wait for some energy to return. Literally feel like I have the flu but surprisingly still feel much better than I did when I was drinking and don't feel the guilt and stress