Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-14-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I'm supposed to go to a friend's birthday party tonight at a "bar and food truck" concept restaurant. Soooo hip. But I don't particularly like food trucks and I don't want to stand around with a bunch of people I kind of know and watch them drink. So awkward. I wasn't the most social comfortable person before (hence the drinking) so now it seems unbearable. I'm hoping that will pass.. Not that I want to be able to go to bars just bc I can, but bc many of my friends and their social events are "normal" and I'd like to just be able to go and hang out and be normal. With out longing for booze and being pissy at the bar bc I can't have it. I want for it to not even phase me! But, that seems like a dream.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Pretty sure ive been to that place Angel. Food was really good but it was pretty packed on Saturday when my wife and I went. Great views of the city upstairs. Everywhere had drinks but I didnt see it as a bar scene... If that helps.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

When does the inner calm and serenity set in? My nerves are shot every day now. But mostly at night so I guess that's better than all freaking day long. Confession:,I've actually found myself rocking back and forth in an effort to sooth myself.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

I felt things change at around 3 months, if thats any help LW.

D
Old 05-14-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I really wanted to drink tonight. Terrible. I took sleep aid to full my senses so I'd not crave so much. I don't know if that's cheating, but I'm sober. And sleepy
I hope were all sober in the morning !
Hugs
Gnite
Old 05-14-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for everyone struggling

For me the bottom line was...I could be the person I wanted to be...or I could drink...but never both.

I made a good choice - not always easy but vastly superior to drinking

D
Old 05-14-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I really wanted to drink tonight. Terrible. I took sleep aid to full my senses so I'd not crave so much. I don't know if that's cheating, but I'm sober. And sleepy I hope were all sober in the morning ! Hugs Gnite
Personally, I don't think it is. I'm a terrible sleeper and take Benedryl often to help. One thing at a time. I think being sober and not sleeping would be a log to handle! Right now I'm trying to ween myself off my ice cream habit that developed last week... I might need one more week tho!
Old 05-14-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Day 14 coming to a close and a second Friday/Saturday night in a row SOBER...have to start somewhere so I will take it.

Hope all are doing well tonight (or at least as well as can be expected in our newly developing sobriety)!!
Old 05-14-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on two weeks Eagle - and congratulations to everyone else hitting a milestone today

Time for a new thread: we continue here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

have a good day/night everyone

D