Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-09-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I swore the one thing I would do was not lie here. I drank tonight. Sorry Ben (especially you my UK mate.....stay strong and do it for me) , sorry Dee, sorry countrygal, sorry Soberwolf, sorry chickenlady, sorry redberryjuniper, sorry lonelywombat.....
Old 05-09-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

You forgot one person. The one you should apologize to is yourself, Jo. Still, happy that you are honest. Are you coming back when you're sober again?
Old 05-09-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
I swore the one thing I would do was not lie here. I drank tonight. Sorry Ben (especially you my UK mate.....stay strong and do it for me) , sorry Dee, sorry countrygal, sorry Soberwolf, sorry chickenlady, sorry redberryjuniper, sorry lonelywombat.....
No matter how slowly you go, you're still lapping the person on the couch. Come back - and keep trying! We're here and know your struggles. If it were easy we wouldn't reach out here in the first place. Sending hugs!
Old 05-09-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
No matter how slowly you go, you're still lapping the person on the couch. Come back - and keep trying! We're here and know your struggles. If it were easy we wouldn't reach out here in the first place. Sending hugs!
Thank you so much for that xxx
Old 05-09-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
You forgot one person. The one you should apologize to is yourself, Jo. Still, happy that you are honest. Are you coming back when you're sober again?
Yes if course I will. Thank you for your kind words. I'm hopeful I'll be back tomorrow. Thanks again 😊
Old 05-09-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Yes if course I will. Thank you for your kind words. I'm hopeful I'll be back tomorrow. Thanks again 😊
That is the only thing that matters. You only fail if you don't get back up and continue fighting. Learn from this, and put it in your toolbox for later. Welcome back tomorrow. Thinking of you.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

By the way for those if you in the early stages. I have caved and I don't feel happy or relaxed or anything. Even though I have alcohol in me I am already thinking about tomorrow morning. It really is the worst and I was weak. Please let me join in again tomorrow. This won't go on longer than tonight. Sorry again friends (which I hope we are) xxx
Old 05-09-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

That is the only thing that matters. You only fail if you don't get back up and continue fighting. Learn from this, and put it in your toolbox for later. Welcome back tomorrow. Thinking of you.
So grateful you are here tonight. Thank you xxx
Old 05-09-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

By the way for those if you in the early stages. I have caved and I don't feel happy or relaxed or anything. Even though I have alcohol in me I am already thinking about tomorrow morning. It really is the worst and I was weak. Please let me join in again tomorrow. This won't go on longer than tonight. Sorry again friends (which I hope we are) xxx
We're here and you're among friends...you'll have have over three weeks sober by the end of May if you start tomorrow, so take it day by day but before you know it the days will have piled up...you can do it!
Old 05-09-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eagle108 View Post
We're here and you're among friends...you'll have have over three weeks sober by the end of May if you start tomorrow, so take it day by day but before you know it the days will have piled up...you can do it!
Thank you eagle108. I will be back amongst you all tomorrow. This has shown me that I absolutely must stay sober (no enjoyment from drink at all) thanks again 😊
Old 05-09-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Why don't you use this to learn even more? Write down what you are feeling right now and re-read it whenever you feel like drinking again. What more powerful message than one from the drunk you can you get?
Old 05-09-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Why don't you use this to learn even more? Write down what you are feeling right now and re-read it whenever you feel like drinking again. What more powerful message than one from the drunk you can you get?
Yes Fabela great idea. I feel like I'm at a crossroads now. Craving calling and knowing about withdrawal. No fun drinking anymore. A hard place to be but perhaps writing my feelings down will help. Thanks again 😊
Old 05-09-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Oh and hi Liz. It's nice to know everyone's names. I'm Joanne (Jo) xxx
Old 05-09-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hey Guys,

Day 3 here. I'm back too after I was a week shy of making it 13 months back in February. From then it was just a big mess, until May 6. I know what went wrong, I am going to learn from it. I'm going to put one foot in front of the other and continue on. Today is just as special as my day 365. I need to remember that.

As far as non alcoholic drinks.... For me I can't do the wine or beer because that's what I drank. But I do love enjoy tomato juice, or clamato juice etc. But I never drank those with alcohol anyways.

Have a great day everyone!

Jojo
Old 05-09-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Still a dam good run jo! All those days with no alcohol is impressive. I'm about to go to bed all I've got to drink is cheap tesco lemonade. So its bed and game of thrones for me.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by elizke View Post
Back again....I've been doing this for years. Everytime I get 4 or 5 months sober I start to think I can control the drinking...I can't
Me too
Old 05-09-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Still a dam good run jo! All those days with no alcohol is impressive. I'm about to go to bed all I've got to drink is cheap tesco lemonade. So its bed and game of thrones for me.
Yay a fellow GOT nerd!
Old 05-09-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Keep trying jo! Everything will be alright.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Goodnight Ben....keep it going I'll be back tomorrow.....trust me it hasn't been worth it .
Old 05-09-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Keep trying jo! Everything will be alright.
Thank you. I'm already preparing myself for tomorrow. Won't let it go on for days....good night x