Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 13

Old 05-06-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Sweet Dreams, Fabela! Enjoy tomorrow! Love you too, even though you may have been swearing at us in the first line.
I most certainly did not. I just told you that I'm going to bed. Why would I swear at you wonderful people?
Old 05-06-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sov godt! Ikke la seng insekter bite !

I'm sure that Google lied to me and that translates to something extra awful. I couldn't find a Norwegian word for "bedbugs" or "bite." Sweet dreams, Fabela! Enjoy the big day tomorrow!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hello hope everyone is having a god afternoon, I went and visited my kids at schoo, since they are having field day. I got to see them do a few races and games before I was tired out. It's hot out and I have a heat intolrrance so it didn't last long for me. Now I'm just back at home resting again because I have just felt drained this week.

Getting through day 39 here and it's a hard one with the way I have been feeling. I'm not going to drink though I'm positive it's just a side effect from chemo since I just started up. I have no energy to do anything and feel like I have been in a fog this week.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
I'm tempted to say something about size not mattering, but this is a PG-rated forum. There's a dude in the new May class that is kinda making me bang my head against the wall right now. He's on day 6 and keeps talking about going to visit his regular pub on a daily basis, swears it's ok because he's just drinking sodas. And he just talked about how he still has his whiskey at his house because it's too expensive to pour out. Ugh! Have to remember I can't control others, all I can do is nicely offer my opinion based on the little experience I have. But all of that is just a disaster waiting to happen. Poor guy. He seems to be very nice and is definitely being very encouraging to others. Hope he figures it out. EDIT: And he did just respond that he knows I'm right about the booze in his house and maybe he'll pour it out tomorrow. Small steps, small steps...yay.
This person sounds a lot like my dad, an alcoholic at age 72. Hasn't ever quit despite significant health consequences. He says he stops by the bar to see his friends and have a "soda."

I have to say, it took me hundreds of mistakes just to get to this point....and I certainly have a long way to go. The disease creates a lot of blindness.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
As it should be.
Ha!!!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
This person sounds a lot like my dad, an alcoholic at age 72. Hasn't ever quit despite significant health consequences. He says he stops by the bar to see his friends and have a "soda."

I have to say, it took me hundreds of mistakes just to get to this point....and I certainly have a long way to go. The disease creates a lot of blindness.
Yeah, I've expressed my opinion in there today (and once a couple of days ago) and that's all I can do. Maybe it'll keep someone else from stepping foot in a bar. I'm not going to keep harping on it with that one guy. It'd be counterproductive for me and maybe for him too.

Hang in there, Keets. Glad you're not going to drink. Chemo and drinking can't be a good mixture. Have a good restful afternoon and evening! Thanks for checking in.

...sigh... time for work. I'll check back in in 7 or 8 hours. Wishing everyone a happy and sober Friday night!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

No chemo and drinkimg don't mix well. I was drinking last time I had chemo and I was so sick. I was taking nausea meds just so I could keep drinking. It wasn't doing me any good I was just sick all the time instead some of the time
Old 05-06-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I should probably stop posting here. I'm feeling so screwed up right now, like there is no hope for me. I can't do it, I can't get through this year of 1st sober. I see my sister going down this rabbit hole now too and THAT scares me more than my own problems. I don't remember if I felt THIS depressed when my dad died, I was really close to him but I still had my mom. I went back to work 2 weeks after he died. I HAD to function. I just freakin hurt so bad that I just don't care. How does an alcoholic stay sober when she just doesn't care?
Old 05-06-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

PR I am so sorry you are hurting this much. I don't think it goes away, you just get better at handling it. Have you seen a grief counselor yet? They help tremendously. When my cousin lost her son, counseling and antidepressants got her through. You're in my thoughts.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
I should probably stop posting here. I'm feeling so screwed up right now, like there is no hope for me. I can't do it, I can't get through this year of 1st sober. I see my sister going down this rabbit hole now too and THAT scares me more than my own problems. I don't remember if I felt THIS depressed when my dad died, I was really close to him but I still had my mom. I went back to work 2 weeks after he died. I HAD to function. I just freakin hurt so bad that I just don't care. How does an alcoholic stay sober when she just doesn't care?
Please don't give up. I can't say I can completely understand what you are feeling. However, my life changed when my 24 year old step daughter died in our home of an accidental drug interaction/overdose. My perspective on life changed. I started wondering what life is all about. What's it's purpose? There are times when I get full of despair. This is a trigger for me to overdo it when I drink. I haven't figured this out yet. I can't tell you how many times I have tried and failed at this. Today is day 6 for me. To combat those feelings of despair I remind myself of the blessings I do have...people, my dogs, my apartment, clothes, food, etc. I find focusing on the good, no matter how small helps take the edge off of despair and brings my focus from my sadness.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Checking in. Day 6 is almost in the books. Had a close call today. I got stuck at the airport for a couple of hours and was feeling very stressed. I actually went to a restaurant, looked at the bar...no seats open, thank God!! I turned around walked out and went to a fast food restaurant. At least I didn't drink! I am trying.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Gonna attempt to wind down on this Friday evening since I have to be up early....

Hey PeacefulRain ~ While I'm not very good at giving advice, just think of how staying sober would be a positive example for your sister.......just a thought....sending hugs your way!

Old 05-06-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Re-Member

We were overstaffed as the wind is blowing like 30 MPH here so our patio wasn't open again. Successfully traded my shift tonight for two shifts early next week and got the heck out of Dodge. Win win win situation for me as I really didn't want to work tonight and was in my least favorite section of the restaurant anyways. It's all big tables that constantly get pushed together on Friday nights. Big tables stay longer and if they don't tip well, you're screwed because you don't have any other tables to make up for it. I'll make more money on those other two shifts.

Might go to a meeting at 8 but probably not because of said wind and because it's a speaker meeting and I don't like those much.

PeacefulRain, the fact that you thought to come here right now is at least some proof that you don't want to and shouldn't give up. The drinking obviously isn't helping the grief--I know you've said before that opening up to others isn't your thing, but maybe it's time to give some counseling a try anyways. I unsuccessfully tried to drink down the grief of my mom and two grandparents all dying unexpectedly in a four month period in 2014, so I know where you're coming from. Drinking is a false solution. You can't fight depression with a depressant. I hope you decide to stay with us and/or get some help. Give your own life a chance to heal and maybe that'll be an example for your sister as well. You're in my thoughts tonight...

Rah555, I'd say you are more than trying--you could have found a way to drink at that airport and you didn't. That's a big win in my book!

Have a nice night, Purplrks!
Old 05-06-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a fun and happy sober weekend guys

D
Old 05-06-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How you doing today, Mish? Any big weekend plans? Don't forget to be crocwise!

Wake up immri! You can't see the Batsignal if you're sleeping in.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

You too, Dee.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hi Lovelies. I agree...WAKE UP IMMRI!!!
Yippee it's the weekend. No work for me today...except cleaning the house and pool. Might even try my luck at that veggie garden...the weather has cooled down now after a bit of rain over the last couple of days.
Lucky Day 13. :-) Love love love the banter Bobbie and Casey...you make me smile. xxxx
Old 05-06-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I discovered an amazing snack the other day. It's by Little Debbie and is called P.B. Richies. It's basically a Twinkie but it's all chocolate and instead of a cream filling it has peanut butter. Only problem with them is they're like half the size of a Twinkie so I always want to eat two at a time. I highly recommend them. They'd probably go good with some ice cream if you want to be extra unhealthy.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Crunchy granola with cranberries and pepitas...... yummmmmmmm. Just had to share my breakfast with you.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I had to look up "pepitas." I love pumpkin seeds!