View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
LillianGish
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
I'm tempted to say something about size not mattering, but this is a PG-rated forum. There's a dude in the new May class that is kinda making me bang my head against the wall right now. He's on day 6 and keeps talking about going to visit his regular pub on a daily basis, swears it's ok because he's just drinking sodas. And he just talked about how he still has his whiskey at his house because it's too expensive to pour out. Ugh! Have to remember I can't control others, all I can do is nicely offer my opinion based on the little experience I have. But all of that is just a disaster waiting to happen. Poor guy. He seems to be very nice and is definitely being very encouraging to others. Hope he figures it out. EDIT: And he did just respond that he knows I'm right about the booze in his house and maybe he'll pour it out tomorrow. Small steps, small steps...yay.
This person sounds a lot like my dad, an alcoholic at age 72. Hasn't ever quit despite significant health consequences. He says he stops by the bar to see his friends and have a "soda."

I have to say, it took me hundreds of mistakes just to get to this point....and I certainly have a long way to go. The disease creates a lot of blindness.