View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

We were overstaffed as the wind is blowing like 30 MPH here so our patio wasn't open again. Successfully traded my shift tonight for two shifts early next week and got the heck out of Dodge. Win win win situation for me as I really didn't want to work tonight and was in my least favorite section of the restaurant anyways. It's all big tables that constantly get pushed together on Friday nights. Big tables stay longer and if they don't tip well, you're screwed because you don't have any other tables to make up for it. I'll make more money on those other two shifts.

Might go to a meeting at 8 but probably not because of said wind and because it's a speaker meeting and I don't like those much.

PeacefulRain, the fact that you thought to come here right now is at least some proof that you don't want to and shouldn't give up. The drinking obviously isn't helping the grief--I know you've said before that opening up to others isn't your thing, but maybe it's time to give some counseling a try anyways. I unsuccessfully tried to drink down the grief of my mom and two grandparents all dying unexpectedly in a four month period in 2014, so I know where you're coming from. Drinking is a false solution. You can't fight depression with a depressant. I hope you decide to stay with us and/or get some help. Give your own life a chance to heal and maybe that'll be an example for your sister as well. You're in my thoughts tonight...

Rah555, I'd say you are more than trying--you could have found a way to drink at that airport and you didn't. That's a big win in my book!

Have a nice night, Purplrks!