Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 13

Old 05-06-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Today turned out to be a pretty good day....it always amazes me how productive I am when I am sober I stopped on my way home and got a peach iced tea from the tea shop and it was amazing!!

I am staying in tonight and will be hanging around here as I am still feeling a bit off....
Old 05-06-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I'm up I'm up
morning all. I'm in a great mood today, finished my paper last night so I get some time to read this weekend before the next one, going to watch some movies with the family and treat ourselves to some really bad food - buffalo wings, jalapeņo poppers, chili cheese fries, coleslaw, virgin Mary's. After 2 weeks of nothing but steamed veggies and fresh juices, I'm excited to be a bit of a pig. Going to try and find some coffee ice cream too. Looking forward to some new movies as well, even if one of them is a sappy Mother's Day indulgence trying to be a good daughter
Old 05-06-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I'm hanging out too, samantha14. Listening to some loud music while I read from a few different books. Congrats on getting thru the work week!

Sounds like an awesome day and meal, immri. Except for the virgin mary's. I do not like tomato juice, virgin or bloody. Enjoy your family time! Congrats on finishing up your paper as well.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Thanks Casey! I'm the only person I've ever met that even remotely likes tomato juice, but I could live off it, with some spice. Weird
Now I've got an iced tea craving though, thanks Sam!!
Old 05-06-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
I'm up I'm up
morning all. I'm in a great mood today, finished my paper last night so I get some time to read this weekend before the next one, going to watch some movies with the family and treat ourselves to some really bad food - buffalo wings, jalapeņo poppers, chili cheese fries, coleslaw, virgin Mary's. After 2 weeks of nothing but steamed veggies and fresh juices, I'm excited to be a bit of a pig. Going to try and find some coffee ice cream too. Looking forward to some new movies as well, even if one of them is a sappy Mother's Day indulgence trying to be a good daughter
All sound good, I wish we had junk food around and am too third to drive.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're struggling Peacefulrain. Hugs.

Good job Rah.

Enjoy your night off, Casey.

Thanks for all the love Bobbie.

I'm tucking in for the night. Supposed to be getting a thunderstorm. I love them. It was really hot here today, almost 90 degrees. I had a great time with my friends and kids at the park today.

Here comes the thunder right now as I type. Bliss I'm safe in bed.

Gnite/good morning immri.

Stay sober, friends.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sweet dreams, Jemma! I love falling asleep to the sound of thunder.

Eating some homemade salsa and chips. Watching Orphan Black. It's a great night to be sober.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Jeez, I can't turn my back on you guys for less than one day! I'm back here after checking in this morning and there are 75 new posts! 75!!! How am I supposed to keep up with all that? It's enough to drive a ManInTheArena to drink!! Hahaha.

Congrats to everyone who made it through the week - heck, who made it through the DAY. Every day is day 1.

For those of you having a tough time, you have our total support. Keep trying, keep reading, keep posting.

I'm gonna spend a little time reading those 75 posts now. I'm not entirely sure I can stay awake that long - I am bushed!
Old 05-06-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Jeez, I can't turn my back on you guys for less than one day! I'm back here after checking in this morning and there are 75 new posts! 75!!! How am I supposed to keep up with all that? It's enough to drive a ManInTheArena to drink!! Hahaha.
It's all Bobbieka's fault. She should change her name to Chattieka.

If it helps--many of those 75 posts are two sentences or less.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post

Congrats to everyone who made it through the week - heck, who made it through the DAY. Every day is day 1.

For those of you having a tough time, you have our total support. Keep trying, keep reading, keep posting.

I'm gonna spend a little time reading those 75 posts now. I'm not entirely sure I can stay awake that long - I am bushed!

It was Casey. Just saying.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Crap. You beat me to it.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Here's you a new avatar, Surrender2win:

That's pretty much how I'm going to picture you from now on. And your mention of Bozo sent me down a short internet wormhole looking at old Bozo "Grand Prize Game" videos. It was really weird how different areas of the country had their own local person playing Bozo. Assuming you grew up in Illinois, I probably am familiar with the same Bozo as you since I watched the Bozo on WGN out of Chicago.

Glad you had a nice dinner with your daughter and grandkids. Have a wonderful day!
S2W, you might as well go ahead and use that picture - it's all I'll be able to think of now whenever you post. That looks pretty much like the Bozo I watched as a kid - he wasn't always the nicest clown, though. I remember him getting a more than a little mad at some of the kids from time to time.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
I was thinking if there were a way to add length of posts, you win, hands down.

I think that was a hint.
Greatest straight line on SR ever. Were you able to type that without laughing?
Old 05-06-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Re-Member

One of the clips I watched on YouTube today, the Grand Rapids, Michigan, Bozo accused the kinda lackluster/unemotional parent of a kid who was playing the Grand Prize Game of "maybe staying out a little too late last weekend for New Year's Eve." That Bozo was definitely kind of a jerk.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Pelagic, I had to go read your post in "the reasons to drink" thread after Casey mentioned it. Definitely a lot to relate to there, especially the sobering up before going to the doctors, having sky high blood pressure and blaming it on "white coat syndrome". I never fessed up though.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Thanks Casey! I'm the only person I've ever met that even remotely likes tomato juice, but I could live off it, with some spice. Weird
Now I've got an iced tea craving though, thanks Sam!!
I've always loved Tomato Juice Immri. Another thing we have in common. x
Old 05-06-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Day 10 in the bag. Tired from driving and moving my son. Good night all! Amazing how many Bozo fans here and particularly of the Chicago variety. I was supposed to go once as a kid, but ended up sick. Almost a brush with infamy! Chicago is hometown for me.

Good night all
Old 05-06-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Would love to hear from Ladybug2 (How are you and the kiddos doing?) and clearlyheaded and Kayak63sc and Thirteenth and anyone else who hasn't checked in this evening!

Sleep well, Lofty! I think the Chicago Bozo is so well known because WGN was carried by cable companies across the nation for so many years. It's why I was a Cubs fan as a kid as well.

Listening to some Elvis Costello while I read. Think I might start watching Manhunter, the original Hannibal Lecter movie made 4-5 years before Silence of the Lambs, before I go to bed. I've always heard good things about it but never seen it.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

I'm in such a downward spiral right now that it scares me. I am literally crumbling before my husbands eyes and he is so obsessed with work that he doesn't even see it.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
I'm in such a downward spiral right now that it scares me. I am literally crumbling before my husbands eyes and he is so obsessed with work that he doesn't even see it.