Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 12

Old 05-03-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You may have to substitute some Everybody Loves Raymond or Friends or Frasier into the mix, BBG. Seems like those are always on too.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

When BBT goes off I usually switch to Forensic Files. Because of the narration I don't have to really watch! LOL
Old 05-03-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Thought I should check in properly since I've been a bit slack this past week, sorry about that. I'm really trying to work on being consistent (something I really struggle with in all aspects of my life) but being stressed over my blood tests and feeling quite unwell made me retreat into myself a bit. Not good. No thoughts of drinking but it's still a warning sign for me. I need to stay connected and consistent even in stressful times, so I'm going to try and address that.

So thankful I'm mostly healthy, just need a vitamin shot tomorrow because i'm not absorbing some well apparently, so no more excuses to drift away from SR and actively working on recovery. I have an absolute mountain of work to do for school, but my brain is finally coming out of that fog so it's not so bad

Love that i'm finding out more about everyone with those personality types! Some of them definitely seem to fit.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
so no more excuses to drift away from SR and actively working on recovery.
Immri I feel that all my relapses in the past can all be attributed to drifting away from SR.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Me too beerbgone, definitely startled me when I realised I was doing that.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Re-Member

More immri and beerbgone in my life sounds good to me.

Sitting in front of my AA group visiting with a couple of people. How's everyone else doing this evening?
Old 05-03-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Good here. Just finished cutting grass. Really wish I had goats instead of pit bulls.

Immri- I love the growth you have shown us. You are doing such a great job. Glad your homework is there, helping one of my daughter's with a paper tonight.

Lillian- thanks for the personality test. It's so much fun seeing who everyone is. Someday, I think we should all guess what each other looks like to see how accurate we are. They did that for the administrators a while back. That's when I found out Dee was male. You have seemed more at peace lately.

Casey- I hope you enjoy your meeting and the fellowship. Will talk to you later, I'm sure. I'm a bit salty because your test said you're like Jon Snow, and I'm like Phil Dunphy.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Thanks Lillian for sharing the quiz ~~~ I always end up borderline on a lot of these, which could mean I just can't make up my damn mind! That explains a lot....I remember taking a test like that in a Psychology class....somehow my score ended up in every single category ~~~ the instructor looked at me and said "You ever considered acting?"

Anyway, glad to hear from everyone....I shall check in on the 24 hour thread before I fall asleep....Have a good night/morning, friends!
Old 05-03-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

I just realised that the test has like 9 pages to read, I only read the first one! So I guess thats something for tomorrow, as its bedtime here now (past it)

Heard of Myers Briggs before, I would like to do it a few times as suggested. Anyone heard of the enneagram??? It's been coming up in convo's for me
Old 05-03-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Double digits!! Day 10. Have a great day everyone xxxx
Thought I'd include a pic of two of my furbabies Rumble the kitty and Sarge the doggy.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

So I took the personality test...9 pages...got to the end and it says
"This page cannot be displayed" Hmmmmmm
What does that say about my personality?
Old 05-03-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Administrator

lol.

D
Old 05-03-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Have a great evening everybody. Gonna' lay down and watch some TV .
Old 05-03-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

I took the Meyers Briggs test and came out as an ESFJ, Consul. Based on the write-up I think it's spot on. Did anyone else take it? What were the results?
Old 05-03-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Sorry, I was complete INTP. Totally true since age 8.

Ah well, I was (should still be, but for excessive drink) a prof, which makes complete sense.

Now what?

Financial genius? Line cook?

Time will tell.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:27 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Pelagic, what did you teach?
Old 05-03-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Home from the meeting. It was OK. Not great, not bad. Topic was humility. Heard a few good things, including a lot of talk about my favorite subject of "doing the next right thing" but, I don't know, the meeting just wasn't clicking with me totally for some reason. Anyways, it's good that I went and got out of my own head for a bit.

Mish, just consider yourself one of that rarest of breeds like me and immri. The website probably didn't know what to do with so many of us ultra-rare personalities coming on there in a single day so it just gave up.

So glad to see you check in, rah555 and Pelagic263. Hope your days were OK.

Would love to hear from samantha14 and keets and anyone else who hasn't checked in lately. Build up those accountability muscles!

Going to finish a movie I started earlier--a documentary on the band Big Star--and then try to sleep at a reasonable hour again. Though I may have to watch tonight's two episodes of New Girl as well.

If I don't check in again, thanks to every single one of you for keeping me sober one more day. I love this group and I love each of you--it's funny the things that catch on as conversation starters here. Today's been interesting here. Like it usually is.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Way more "N"'s than "S"'s I just noticed.

All very interesting; I would like to take again sometime too.

Good night all!
Old 05-03-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

English and Philosophy, Bobbieka.

Casey, glad you figured out who Big Star was, now try Lime Spiders and Hoodoo Gurus. Some old Australian stuff. I feel old. Let me know after that.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
When BBT goes off I usually switch to Forensic Files. Because of the narration I don't have to really watch! LOL
An old co-workers sister was on forensic files. She was murdered.

How is everyone tonight? I'm laying in bed enjoying the quiet! My stomach is not happy right now after that crap "food" I ate for dinner. I'm trying to decide if I want to watch TV or read a book. Ah the dilemmas of life 😉