Administrator

Class of March 2016 Support Part 12

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-11-a-22.html

D
Old 04-28-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee!

My AV tried to be sneaky and slither into my head earlier ~~~ that JERK! Luckily I was able to recognize what was going on, thanks to what I've learned from my wise friends here!

Hope you're all having a good Thursday/Friday
Old 04-28-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ya Purplerks

Congratulations applekat

welcome back Pelagiac Sam and Rah...great to see you too 1step

thanks for your advice Olivia - it's something I say quite often...even something as harmless as a vitamin may interact with other meds sometimes.

I used to yell at God too kiki...I look back now and I think what I wanted was a miraculous fix - something that would take no effort from me, and no real changes in my life.

God didn't do that for me, because that's not what I needed.

What I needed to was accept the responsibility of getting myself sober and staying that way.

That doesn't mean I have to do it alone, - I've had help from God and others - and it doesn't mean that relying on yourself means it's hopeless for you - I believe anyone can get sober.

It means committment tho. You really will get out of your recovery what you put into it

Maybe you need a different approach? or you need to make more changes?

Maybe you need more support - or you need to use the support you have when you need it, before you drink?

D
Old 04-28-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sitting in a restaurant waiting for my food and then going to an AA meeting. My thoughts are with everyone struggling tonight. Make sure you're not hungry and you're staying well hydrated. Post in here once a minute or start your own SOS thread on the Newcomers forum. Play the thought of that first drink through to all the bad consequences. I've never woken up sober and regretted not drinking the day before.

Where are our Australians today? Maybe they stayed up late playing video games too.

Food is here. Talk to you all later.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is going to be a long night here.....feeling a little shaky and jittery....I may post a lot
Old 04-28-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

I have a confession to make....ummmm.....I was obsessed with the video game Zelda. I couldn't stop. I think I played it in like...three different software versions...spread over two different decades. Bill Clinton was president when I started, and I played it even into the Obama years. And I was not a kid. I was an adult.

I had to save that princess. Even when I did, I started over to relive the moment. Even she told me to knock it off.

Greatest game ever.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Joking aside, I'm sorry we have some folks struggling. I am around all night and if anyone just wants to vent...I'll listen.

You can do this and I know you have the strength and know-how.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One Aussie here had a rough morning feeling ill but I'm still around, going to try and catch up on all I've missed after a shower and some yoga. Hugs to all who are struggling ❤️
Old 04-28-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Lillian - I will definitely be a little whiney tonight so sorry in advance

Immri - hope you feel better!!
Old 04-28-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Whine away, Samantha. You're among friends.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Samantha, stay with it - you can make it!

Immri, hope you are feeling better.

Casey and Lillian - I never got into that video game stuff, and my kids never did either, which I'm pretty happy about. They both like to read quite a bit, and there's plenty of free books at the library!!

The last few days have been interesting. Went to a concert the other night (I bought the tickets months ago, when I was still drinking - as a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I was drunk when I bought them!). They serve beer and wine at the concert venue, but I managed to avoid drinking - it was more of a test than I really wanted at this point. Concerts and partying go hand-in-hand. The guys next to me were getting high. They offered me some, but fortunately I'm not really into the weed thing. Still, the smell of it made the whole scene more "party like". I really enjoyed the show, but I was relieved when it was over.

Tonight, we had a send-off for one of my co-workers whose last day is tomorrow. We had it at Buffalo Wild Wings, also not one of my favorite places - nothing but beer, wings and loud televisions. The waitress actually gave me a little bit of a hard time for ordering a club soda. Anyway, I stayed only for as long as I felt I had to. Glad to be out of there, too.

I need a few days or maybe weeks away from anything even close to things like that now. Hopefully getting some good sleep tonight and then some boring and uneventful days.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just sitting here watching a movie (something with Nicolas Cage) but it's more background noise.....I feel anxious and uncomfortable....I just want this to be the last time I go through this....

I don't play video games....I had an Atari as a kid though and DH is like a little kid with his games....something called Dark Souls is the new obsession of the month :p
Old 04-28-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Searching for a little bit of normalcy, too, Samantha. I'm watching the NFL draft - it's one of my favorite things. Sometimes when I feel anxious, I like to sit on the floor when I watch TV - it makes me feel like a kid - haha!
Old 04-28-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Lol - that's a pretty good idea actually
Old 04-28-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Yippee!! A new thread..Thanks D.
Day 5 for me. Just at work preparing for the morning meeting to get everyone "fired up and ready to go!" (as they say in my organisation) Thank God it's Friday. I certainly don't feel fired up and ready to go myself but at least I'm 5 days sober. So hard to get others motivated when your feeling tired and flat. Oh well. I'm not hung over so that's a plus.
I play a game called Juggernaut (Halo) with my two boys and husband. It's a game where you have to try and become the Juggernaut or if you're not the Juggernaut you have to shoot the Juggernaut to become the Juggernaut. It's quite hilarious actually, they don't come after me because I'm so terrible at the game. I can't ever work out how to aim or shoot so they just leave me to wander aimlessly in the game looking for them while they all fight each other for the title. So nice they give Mummy a break. They keep changing the map on me so I never know where I am in the game. I'm sure I'd make a million dollars if I recorded it and put it on YouTube.
Have a great day/night everyone. Love you to the moon and back xxxx
Old 04-28-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I used to get into the draft, MITA. Then our Rams moved back to LA. Need a new team to cheer on.

Rewatching last season Game of Thrones. I may have been drunk through most of last year.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

That's kind of funny, Bobbieka. I was a Rams fan when they were in L.A., but couldn't root for them anymore once they moved to STL. Of course, they won the Super Bowl in STL - something they never did in L.A. I go way back with the Rams - back to the Roman Gabriel days. Still, I enjoy football - I'll watch pretty much any game.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well the liquor stores are pretty much closed here now so it's a sober day one - I'm still feeling pretty crappy but knowing that tomorrow morning I will wake up without a hangover is something I can focus on
Old 04-28-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I kind of root for the Cards. It's easier to get into with a home team, but I love football.

Samantha, you'll be happy tomorrow. Good job tonight. Sorry it was so tough for you.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi ya Purplerks

Congratulations applekat

welcome back Pelagiac Sam and Rah...great to see you too 1step

thanks for your advice Olivia - it's something I say quite often...even something as harmless as a vitamin may interact with other meds sometimes.

I used to yell at God too kiki...I look back now and I think what I wanted was a miraculous fix - something that would take no effort from me, and no real changes in my life.

God didn't do that for me, because that's not what I needed.

What I needed to was accept the responsibility of getting myself sober and staying that way.

That doesn't mean I have to do it alone, - I've had help from God and others - and it doesn't mean that relying on yourself means it's hopeless for you - I believe anyone can get sober.

It means committment tho. You really will get out of your recovery what you put into it

Maybe you need a different approach? or you need to make more changes?

Maybe you need more support - or you need to use the support you have when you need it, before you drink?

D
Thank you so much Dee. You're right....God helps those who help themselves..."