Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 12

Old 05-04-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 521 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Casey - you know our relationship is different. Of course you're my favorite.
Wait a minute now!!! No do-overs!!!
Old 05-04-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  

It's only 10.30, but I'm pooped. Tomorrow is a public holiday, so no school or work. Maybe I can sleep a bit longer and not get up at 6.15?
Old 05-04-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 523 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
It's only 10.30, but I'm pooped. Tomorrow is a public holiday, so no school or work. Maybe I can sleep a bit longer and not get up at 6.15?
It's a little past 3:30 in the afternoon at my house and my eyelids are drooping. I've been up 12 hours already!
Old 05-04-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 524 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Boy if we really get chatty, we can be on page 30 before Dee wakes up! It could be a new SR record! Maybe if immri or Mish get up early enough, they can distract him for a while. All Australians know each other in real life, right?
Old 05-04-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 525 (permalink)  
Re-Member

What holiday is tomorrow, Fabela?
Old 05-04-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 526 (permalink)  

Just checking back in here. It's that time of day, ugh. No chance of drinking, though. Sitting here watching Sofia the First (Disney Jr channel) with my daughter. Little bug is trying to break my iPad lol. Weather has been so awful here - rainy, cold and depressing. Good nap weather, but no chance of that happening.

Thanks for that great post, Bobbie! How is everyone else doing today/tonight? Hope your meeting wasn't too boring, Casey!
Old 05-04-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 527 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Up since 3:30 am? Yikes. You might not make it through episode seven of Big Bang Theory tonight before you crash, beerbgone.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 528 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It was actually slightly less boring and pointless than normal, Ladybug2. Slightly. And it was mercifully short.

I'm doing well. Feeling the urge to take nap #2. Can't decide if that's a good idea or if I should do the opposite and get some coffee in me. I left my favorite coffee mug in my dad's car this morning. I'm a bit irked at myself for doing that. Been bothering the new Class of May 2016 a bit too much today. Gotta lay off that.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 529 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I just decided to look and see who the original Ladybug on SR was since you're #2. The original only had 10 posts and hasn't been on since 2006, but strategery posted a message on their wall in 2014. Guessing that was meant for you, Ladybug2. Strat meant well.

There are actually 11 different varieties of ladybugs on SR. Most of them are ladybugs with numbers on the end of their name like you, but there is a ladybug little and also a ladybugg with two g's and a ladybugRI. I'm guessing they're from Rhode Island. That's a perfect sized bug for such a small state. You have way more total posts than all the others put together. You're the real Ladybug #1 to me and always will be!
Old 05-04-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 530 (permalink)  

Ladybug - My granddaughter's name is Sophia and she is also a redhead. We have lots of that stuff now.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 531 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Up since 3:30 am? Yikes. You might not make it through episode seven of Big Bang Theory tonight before you crash, beerbgone.
Shucks 'n be darned!!! Didn't think of that Casey. Guess I'd put on a pot of coffee!
Old 05-04-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 532 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by caseyw View Post
all australians know each other in real life, right?
lol.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 533 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Uh oh! I just had my first spotting of Dee over on the Newcomers forum. I don't think we're going to make it to page 30. I miss KiKi all the time but would especially love to see her pop up right now. We could use her enthusiasm!
Old 05-04-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 534 (permalink)  
Re-Member

So I was just looking over my "friends" list here and saw a name I haven't seen since I came back to SR on March 13, 2016. I clicked on their list of posts to see when they'd last been here and found a post from early last October a few days after I relapsed with all sorts of people worried about my disappearance. That was such a crap move on my part.

Poor Dee kept saying, "Well maybe his computer is broken or he's just having internet connection problems." Said that in two or three different posts. Yeah, my internet connection was being interfered with by a big box of wine. Ugh. What a moron I was.

Reading that whole thread didn't make me feel bad about myself necessarily but it was still embarrassing and eye opening. I promise I'll never do that again. No matter what.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 535 (permalink)  

Sorry I can't contribute. Really trying to get work done before I leave. Really.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 536 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
I clicked on their list of posts to see when they'd last been here and found a post from early last October a few days after I relapsed with all sorts of people worried about my disappearance. That was such a crap move on my part.

Poor Dee kept saying, "Well maybe his computer is broken or he's just having internet connection problems." Said that in two or three different posts. Yeah, my internet connection was being interfered with by a big box of wine. Ugh. What a moron I was.
No need in beatin' yourself up over that now Casey. It's gone. Over. Done!
Old 05-04-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 537 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Every little bit helps, Bobbieka. Thank you.

So I'm color blind and I can't tell which one is the little red square on the choose your font color thing here, so I just have to pick a random color and then change the actual name of the color to "Red."
Old 05-04-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 538 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by caseyw View Post
every little bit helps, bobbieka. thank you.

so i'm color blind and i can't tell which one is the little red square on the choose your font color thing here, so i just have to pick a random color and then change the actual name of the color to "red."
lol
Old 05-04-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 539 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Shucks 'n be darned!!! Didn't think of that Casey. Guess I'd put on a pot of coffee!
Who says that?!? That's funny.

I'm with Beerbgone, Casey - Don't dwell on how you left. We're glad we got you.

Way to improvise on the color choice. Showing some ingenuity.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 540 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
No need in beatin' yourself up over that now Casey. It's gone. Over. Done!
It most definitely is. It took what it took to get me where I am today. I know this and believe it but still, I'd kind of intentionally ignored looking back at posts from that time period until now so it was still a little bit of an eye opener to read that today.

When I first logged back in here on March 13, 2016, I had some ridiculous number of unread private messages flashing at me from people who were trying to check on me. I couldn't make myself read them--had to mass delete them so I could join this class and move forward with that first week with a clean slate. I kinda feel bad about erasing those messages today.

Maybe I'm just being a little introspective today as if I hadn't decided to drink last October, I'd be a year sober this coming Sunday. I really am pretty much doing the exact same things to stay sober this time as I did last summer, so it's kind of hard for me not to think "What if?" sometimes. What I need to remember is those last few weeks, I pretty much stopped doing those things--that's where the problems started. My plan was fine then and is fine now. I just stopped following it. I can't do that again.