Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 12

Old 05-03-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Fabela - let us know what the doctor says about your son's knee.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpaceGoat View Post
I'm the same! Have the others in check, that one is confusing for me
It's the L that gets me. I think I'm suffering from empty nest syndrome.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
It's the L that gets me.
Used to be a big one for me too. In my 20's, considering I lived alone and was in my 20's. Although the cptsd was worse I do think.

Yeah all of them at some point or other wouldn't have helped I guess. It is the lack of sensory input, is what I am surmising here?
Old 05-03-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

HALTS is my thing - I have added the S for stress. That's my major trigger along with angry. I feel lonely all the time anyway, and I'm constantly eating so I'm never hungry either. My life isn't very good.

The doctor couldn't say much about my son's knee. They don't have an X-ray machine, so if the swelling doesn't go down, we'll have to drive to another hospital for a check up tomorrow. He can stand on the leg, but he can't bend or extend it much. We'll see.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Very cool Lillian!

I'm an ISFJ. Defender.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hope his knee is OK, Fabela. Keep some ice on it. Kids are pretty resilient.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Very cool Lillian!

I'm an ISFJ. Defender.
I'm ENFP Campaigner
Old 05-03-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just took a nap. Obviously didn't make that noon meeting. It may take me a few days to get used to waking up earlier.

That test says I am an advocate--INFJ-T.It says my type is very rare. I always knew I was a unique little precious flower! Ha! It probably says that to everyone.

INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact. INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.
I think that describes me here at SR reasonably well. Thanks for posting that, LilianGish. Not sure how accurate it really is but it was fun to read and definitely hit home in a few spots. Plus it said I'm like Mother Theresa and Martin Luther King, Jr., and, most importantly, Jon Snow. I know nothing!

Going to go out and face the world now. Talk to everyone later!
Old 05-03-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

I took that test too and it seems like I'm ESPN.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Ha! You forgot to write that in red, Fabela.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And now right after I answered on that test that I very rarely misplace things in my home, I can't find my damn keys anywhere. Ugh. What would Mother Theresa do?

EDIT: Crisis averted. They were in my work apron from last night. I'm not even sure how that happened as I take off my apron and fold it up as soon as I walk out the door at work. Later everyone.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpaceGoat View Post
Used to be a big one for me too. In my 20's, considering I lived alone and was in my 20's. Although the cptsd was worse I do think.

Yeah all of them at some point or other wouldn't have helped I guess. It is the lack of sensory input, is what I am surmising here?
I'm sure. Seems like yesterday the house was full of kids, ball teams, etc. I think I'll get a second job for the summer to keep me occupied.

Am certain the c-ptsd would be a larger factor.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Yikes. There must be something wrong with me. Just found myself singing and dancing while brushing my teeth. Diagnosis?
Old 05-03-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Happy?!?
Old 05-03-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Be careful. I've heard happiness is contagious!
Old 05-03-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

That really made me laugh. I've done that test a few times over the years, I always get INFJ but none of my friends/classmates ever got that. Glad I've met another one Casey! So much for being special though.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Ha! I knew that whole it being the rarest personality type was a bunch of bull. I still want to be Mother Theresa. You can be Martin Luther King, Jr., or Alanis Morissette.

By the way, good morning, immri!

On my way to do laundry at my folks house. Probably go straight to a meeting from there. Hope everyone is having a safe and sober day so far. Remember if those thoughts of drinking come to get your butt in here and ask for some help. Don't drink no matter what!
Old 05-03-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
I'm sure. Seems like yesterday the house was full of kids, ball teams, etc. I think I'll get a second job for the summer to keep me occupied.
Tell me about. Yeah is good to get out and about in some form or another (thats not a pub!)

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Hi rah, I really related to what you said here. I am the same about how movies, music and yes even commercials affect me emotionally.

I recently learned that Meyers-Brigg personality study was enormously helpful in recognizing why that was. My personality is kind of built on emotions. Recognizing how I'm built has been very helpful in controlling my reactions. My emotions can get the better of me, and if I'm not careful, have me reaching for a drink.

If anyone wants to look into this subject or want to take a test, here's a pretty good one:

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Once you know your type, the write ups on that website are interesting.

Have fun if you're into this! I did get a lot out of this introspection.

Lillian (INFP)
That was a great read! INFP-T

Unlikely it's an exact science, and I often have trouble answering questions like that as to how I feel in the now, or at various other dominant times in my life.

I did agree with a lot of what was said though (it was mostly all quite flattering mind!). Enjoyable, thanks
Old 05-03-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

It's true that INFJ is the most rare of the 16 personality types. I think less than 1% of the population is that type. The Meyers-Brigg testing is the most prominent way personality is measured by psychologists and such. We are doing the testing here at work, to help me as a manager to understand myself and the people I work with better.

So, the Meyers Brigg is pretty accurate. The only thing you have to be careful about is identifying your type. It can take a little while sometimes to fine tune. I have taken the test three times and it was very certain as INFP. Some of the folks here took the test three times and it was borderline between a couple types and after reading each one...it became clearer which one they were closest too.

Love hearing about everyone's type! Bobbieka I would totally guess you were ENFP. They are so fun!! And Applekat as an ISFJ...defend away!
Old 05-03-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Only 5 episodes of "Big Bang Theory" tonight. Life's a beach!!!