Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 12

Old 05-02-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Heading to the grocery store where I'm sure I'll growl at the wine aisle and give it my normal subtle shooting of the middle finger.
LOL! I am laughing because in my grocery store, the alcohol section is right by the front door and I literally have to walk through hundreds of wine bottles to get to the actual food section.

....and every time, I mutter under my breath, "F*** you (Grocery Store Name)."

Glad I'm not the only one who feels so strongly about the grocery store experience! These are the same guys who put candy at the check out counter, in easy reach of my children. Same concept quite frankly.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

I have a tough day today at work due to an HR issue (not mine). Feeling very anxious and disconcerted....danger warning. This spoke to me and thought I'd share....it's ok to be afraid. Fear is what kept our ancestors from being eaten by bears. It's our body's warning system to tell us to be careful.

By the way, I just saw the movie The Revanant...I'll never think of bears as cute again!
Attached Images
Old 05-02-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

We will be here quicker than a trip to your dreaded grocery store so check in here first, Lillian!
Old 05-02-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Surrender2win! I was so happy to see your name in the 24 hour thread earlier and even happier you're back with us. Good luck if you really do attempt to read back through. Some of the folks here (NOT me) are still as chatty as ever. *insert one of those winkee emoticons here*

We're here for you. You know what you need to do to stay sober. And you can do it. We all can.

I checked in with our old May 2015 class today, by the way. And talked to our old classmate here and there, nmd. It's just May 15 Day around here all around.

Eating dinner now. I don't wanna work. I usually have a short night on Mondays, it's typically my only shift that I'm not the lead server on the floor and thus have to close things down, but I know that one of our other senior servers took the night off so I'm guessing I get stuck with his closing spot. Oh well, maybe it'll be like last night and I'll have a table walk in at the end that leaves me $150. Would be nice.

Just paid my rent for May AND June both. That feels good. Back to my food before it gets cold--sorry I didn't respond to everyone else individually.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
These are the same guys who put candy at the check out counter, in easy reach of my children. Same concept quite frankly.
I had never thought of the candy at the check out correlation before. That's so true. I will say that my main grocery store does not pull that sneaky and put the wine/beer up front, it's right in the middle of the store where I'm still sure to pass it at some point. It just makes me feel good to (semi) silently tell that aisle off when I pass it by. I'm sure if anyone hears me, they think I'm crazy.

Speaking of people thinking I'm crazy, some guy at the last AA meeting I attended on Saturday heard me talking to myself before the meeting. I didn't know I was saying whatever it was out loud! I was so embarrassed.

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post

By the way, I just saw the movie The Revanant...I'll never think of bears as cute again!
You obviously missed our conversation here the other night where our Australian faction was trying to scare me with tales of drop bears. They ruined koala bears for me! I didn't even know such a thing was possible.

Sorry you're having a rough day at work. As you well know, drinking will only make the problem worse. Thanks for checking in, LillianGish!
Old 05-02-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hope your shift goes well tonight, Casey. Imwas in the restaurant biz for 7 years, but never served, which is just as well as I never worked wher tips wouldve amounted to anything. I cooked and managed, and still love food prep and cooking. There could be a little pizza shop or something in my future. I have to admit I liked it, and have always preferred working irregular and non-traditional hours.

I was gonna go to a SMART meeting this afternoon, but my daughter asked for my help with some repairs to her business equip,ent and I lost track of time. It wa better anyway as we then had dinner together. A little bonding and healing from the other night. DW was off working out.

Day 6 starting to wind down. Was a little more productive today than last week. Starting to get my organizational thinking abilities back in order. My mind is a pinball machine when not sober. I have quite a bit of brain healing to do.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

BIG CONGRATS to Bobbieka as well!

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Congratulations to Purplprks on 2 months today!* To celebrate, we have a purple ombre cake! Enjoy!
Old 05-02-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

I thought I was just sending an invite for the cake to go w/ all of our ice cream.....I didn't mean it as a request to celebrate here....man, I hope I don't look like a shmuck!

Sending hugs to everyone - it's so awesome to see the support in here!
Old 05-02-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Thanks, Purple! What do you think purple cake tastes like?!?

No, you could never be a schmuck!

Yay us! 2 months!
Old 05-02-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

We need cake to go with our ice cream.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Hi class. I'm reading, but don't have the energy to respond individually. Each day is a little better, though I get so tired that I've been sleeping a ton. Part of healing. I've been staying on top of pain by setting an alarm. Today, however, I was able to go for six hours before needing pain meds rather than the usual 4. I'm going to continue to stretch out the time in between and see how it goes starting to cut down the dose too. Tomorrow is day 1 of 3 of PT for the week. I will have 6 months of PT, though I'm not sure how long it will be 3x a week.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say I'm still around, even if I'm not actively participating!
Old 05-02-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Checking in end of day 2! Congrats to everyone who is celebrating successes! With Mother's Day coming up I was trying to think of something special that me and my mom could do together. We moved just under 2 years ago so I could be closer to my parents. It hasn't turned out exactly how I thought it would. I see them for dinner once a week. I thought I would see them more and that we would do things together. Anyway, I wanted to get my mom a gift card to a paint your own pottery place. It's a place you go to and pick out a ceramic item. You paint it, decorate it. Anyway I asked my dad if he thought she would like that. He said no. Back to the drawing board. I guess it's a restaurant gift card for my mom. I'm a bit disappointed. I guess I just have to accept dinner once a week.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Rah, what about taking your mom to the ceramic place and painting with her? Those are my favorite gifts. My kids' time.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey folks, still sober here. I am going to have to just lurk for a while here on SR., and take strength from your posts. It appears my marriage is taking a turn, and I made the error a long time ago of letting my wife know about my SR presence and pseudonym, so it does t behoove me to continue to post here, lest it be used as evidence of some kind. Peace and love to each of you and continued wishes for a successful sobriety for us all!

Signing off,
Old 05-02-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Good luck, lofty. Def in my prayers.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Rah, what about taking your mom to the ceramic place and painting with her? Those are my favorite gifts. My kids' time.
Yes, that's what I wanted but my dad said she wouldn't like that.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that lofty, thinking of you.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Purpl - cake and ice cream. Yum!!

ClearlyHeaded - nice to see you are coming around. Get some rest and check in when you can!

Lofty - best of luck with everything. We will miss having you around. Hope you can make it back at some point, you are a great class member. Stay sober!!
Old 05-02-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

I'm here. I'm sober. Day 9. At work. Wish I wasn't. Just being lazy. All is well. xxx
Old 05-02-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
I'm here. I'm sober. Day 9. At work. Wish I wasn't. Just being lazy. All is well. xxx
Oh. Me every day! Have a great day, Mish! Yay day 9! Woohoo!