Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 12

Old 05-04-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 561 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I'm just teasing anyways, BBG. We shouldn't just pad our post counts here for no reason. But I would love to hear from anyone who hasn't posted yet today.

Glad you enjoyed your steak. I need to get started cooking now. Tell Leonard and Penny hi for me. Perhaps I'll put on an episode myself while I'm cooking.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 562 (permalink)  

I'll take any encouraging stories from anyone about flying on planes with little children (6, 4, 9 mo).
Old 05-04-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 563 (permalink)  

Benadryl.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 564 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I'll take any encouraging stories from anyone about flying on planes with little children (6, 4, 9 mo).
*sound of crickets chirping*

Nah, just kidding. I obviously don't have any experience in this area being the bachelor I am but I've never been one of those flyers who got upset about children being on the plane. As long as they're not directly kicking or hitting me, I don't mind the noise. Just duct tape iPads or smartphones to their hands, seems to work for most of the kids who come into my restaurant.

Though I am childless, have I ever mentioned that I worked at and later ran a day care for 10 years? That job was one of the first casualties of my drinking way back in 2002. Not directly--I mean I wasn't drinking around the kids or anything like that--but definitely the drinking contributed to my having to find a new job/career.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 565 (permalink)  

Well, looks like my husband may not get here until tomorrow, because of weather in Miami. Stiff upper lip here.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 566 (permalink)  

Applekat, you know the usual, lots of coloring stuff and books. Maybe some (not chocolate) candy and crackers or cookies.

The baby- well, just hope she's sleepy then. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 567 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Well, looks like my husband may not get here until tomorrow, because of weather in Miami. Stiff upper lip here.
Sorry to hear this, Bobbieka. Hang in there!

I've heard ice cream is good for upper lip waviness. Or chocolate. Or chocolate ice cream.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 568 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

Funny you mention ice cream Casey, just had a bowl myself. Comfort food. I was stirring it around and remembering when I was a kid and I like to stir it until it became ice cream soup.

I'm doing ok. Still sober, and reached out to one of my best childhood friends today. She knows I've been struggling but didn't know the extent of what I'm going through with my ex. She was so sweet and supportive. Bless her heart.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Each and every one brings a tear to my eye.

Be strong everyone.

Xoxox
Old 05-04-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 569 (permalink)  

Yeah. Chocolate ice cream sounds good. He gets in at noon tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 570 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you have a good supportive longtime friend in your life, Jemma. Those can be rare sometimes. Thank you for checking in. We're here 24/7 for support as well.

I left some chocolate and peanut butter ice cream at my dad's house last week. I stop by there a lot on my way to AA meetings and eat some while I visit with them. I bought this ice cream because they were out one day, and my dad ate all my ice cream this weekend while I wasn't there! I don't mind sharing but, geez, he could have left me a small bowlful. I mean, I go there and eat their various snacks and drink their sodas all the time, but that's different. I'm the kid! The 41-year old kid but still the kid in this relationship, darnit!

But I was the exact opposite when I was a real kid re: ice cream soup. If it wasn't frozen solid, I wanted no part of it.

Hang in there, Bobbieka. Are you still going to pick him up from the airport tomorrow or do you have to stay at work?
Old 05-04-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 571 (permalink)  

I'll pick him up and he can take me back to work. It's closer to the airport. My boss will probably tell me to take the rest of the day. It's a really small engineering firm and they are very family oriented.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 572 (permalink)  

I can't believe your dad ate your ice cream. I'm in shock.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 573 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I know, right??? How dare he eat ice cream from his freezer in his own house?

Oh well, I have to forgive him. It's not good for my recovery to hold these resentments, right?
Old 05-04-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 574 (permalink)  

Gonna' lay down and watch as much more of BBT as I can keep my eyes open for. Have a nice evening everybody!
Old 05-04-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 575 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And I have watched not one but two episodes of Big Bang Theory tonight, beerbgone. I'm starting to realize that I've seen almost no episodes from the last two or three seasons as both of these, plus the spanking Amy one previously mentioned, are completely new to me. Good night to you!

I think if I knew Sheldon in real life I'd want to punch him, but he does make for some amusing television.

How's everyone else doing tonight? And I'm not just asking because we're only six posts from my lifelong dream that I only discovered today of reaching page 30. I really care. Genuinely!

Nah, I really do. Hope everyone is having a safe and sober Wednesday evening. My dinner is ready now. Talk to you all in a bit!
Old 05-04-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 576 (permalink)  

You talk a lot about the spanking Amy episode. Just saying.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 577 (permalink)  

I have an unopened carton of ice cream in the freezer.

I think I will have to open it tonight. IF THE BABY GOES TO SLEEP.

Ugh. Majorly triggered with all this. Hence, I will need to break that carton's seal.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 578 (permalink)  

How long will your flight be, Applekat?
Old 05-04-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 579 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
You talk a lot about the spanking Amy episode. Just saying.
I'm just trying to relate to my good friend beerbgone. I don't exactly have an encyclopedic knowledge of Big Bang Theory so that recently viewed episode is still fresh in my mind. This kinda sticks with you for a few days:

Did I ever mention that my neighbors have a bird? And twenty-seven children under the age of 14?

Break that seal, Applekat! I can't even imagine how much worse planning and packing and then getting on that plane would be hungover. Yuck. We're here if you need to vent more. Or I could sing a lullaby to the little one.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 580 (permalink)  

So, who were you guys in high school? Nerd, cheerleader, stoner, etc?