Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 22

Old 07-05-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Wow London- Wimbledon! Fancy and exciting!
Your foot Determined- ouch! I hope it's not too much of a bother and that you heal quickly!

Scooter, I love the differences you outlined in your last post. It's amazing to think about August coming up, and how this year has been less difficult, but yet so challenging at the same time. I would take this over drinking any day.

Back home- left the kids with their grandparents and had the day off. It was great! No homework (that HAD to be done), just puttering around and running errands. I'd still like to fit in some trail biking or kayaking in if the weather holds, and hopefully some photography tomorrow morning.

Love to all!
Old 07-06-2016, 02:24 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Choobie your day sounds perfect! !!!

I am at work and suffering so badly with hayfever I'm turning into a puddle. I look dreadful and everyone keeps agreeing!!!!

Any tips? Xx
Old 07-06-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Allergies! Boo! I don't do much for them- I'm not very good at taking drugs. If I get a headache or become dizzy I just take a half dose of Pseudoephedrine to prevent a sinus infection, and use lots of eye drops to wash out pollen. Hope it lets up, soon, Pink!
Old 07-06-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

PInk, I use my Neti pot for any allergy or sinus issues. Good luck!
Old 07-06-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. So far I've taken antihistamines, lemsip, sudafed, beconase and then codeine ! I have sneezed about every 39 seconds since I awoke and ache everywhere! My abs will look amazing if this Continues!

Colleagues suggested an early night and a hot brandy. Great lol. I can't wait to crawl into bed and I pray I feel better tomorrow as I have important meetings!
Old 07-06-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Pseudo ephedrine, Advil cold and sinus is my go to pink. I am feeling the same as you my friend!
Old 07-06-2016, 11:20 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Thank you determined, I now have eye drops, nose sprays and benadryl. Just woke up and dribbling already I'm so sexy! !! Hope you feel better soon my love, this is pure pants!

Just booked 3 little breaks away , Sailing in Norfolk broads. Then climbing scafell pike, and lastly a few nights in glenmalloch lodge, a little landmark trust property in the middle of nowhere in Scotland. Lovely! These breaks will pull me through the long days with something to look forward to!

Have a great day all!

Sniff sniff! Xx
Old 07-07-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday!

Super rad trips pink! Sounds awesome dude! Can you post pics?

Thanks choobie, I am healing a little day by day. This too will pass.

Hope everyone one has a fabulous day. Attitude of gratitude.

"To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear." Buddha.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better Pink.

The individual I was messaging with is unfortunately still having difficulty moderating. He had hoped that after a week without alcohol- which demonstrated he was not physically addicted- he could recommit to drinking more responsibly. The hope was unrealized.

Let's keep it up Team!
Old 07-08-2016, 02:59 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Happy Friday!

Ultra, what a great reminder to all of us. I don't think we are ever healed, takes a while to admit that to ourselves sometimes.

Really glad it is the weekend. Got to travel next week, but it's all good.

"Make not your thoughts your prisons." Shakespeare

Eye on the prize guys.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

I hear you Determined.

During the individual's week of sobriety he concluded that since he could control his coffee intake he could control his alcohol intake (if he just tried harder to be more aware of it).

He's eventually going to need to decide which direction he wants to go on this journey. I certainly don't judge him since I spent years coming to the conclusion to be alcohol free.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Ultra, your friend is in denial as we all were. Comparing his coffee intake to his drinking is a new one to me, though.

Choobie, I did not realize you were into photography. What do you do?

Pink, I hope the allergies have eased up.

Determined, how is the foot coming along?

London, how is everything with you? Please let us know how you are doing.

My company has left, and I am going through that weird time of both missing them and being happy to have the house to myself again. I have a lot of laundry to do - bedding and towels. My next company arrives in two weeks - some college friends.

Bob and I have tickets to both today's and tomorrow's Red Sox games, so we will stay overnight in Boston.

Have a great weekend.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Scooter, I mainly take wildlife photos. It gives me something to do while hiking, cross country skiing, and kayaking.

Ultra, I feel for your friend, because even now, it's that same reasoning that ALMOST seems logical- that if I can quit, I can moderate. I then have to present the facts to myself; that I show a consistent pattern of behavior that repeats itself over and over again, no matter how long the dry periods may be. It took a long time to build that evidence, but I think that once I began actively trying to moderate and failed that I could see the reality. So many stages of quitting! Sounds like your friend is on his way towards seeing the light- it won't be long before he realizes that it's much easier to control coffee intake than it is his alcohol intake.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Ultra thank you for posting about your friend, it reminds us of the struggles we have faced, and keeps us aware of how our psych can challenge us.

Hayfever is in full swing. I might start wearing a kagool, I'm sneezing so much! Never mind, not the end of the world. Bought some waterproof mascara though lol!

Have spent today sewing a sail for our little dinghy, it's been quite a challenge! But, we are making progress, have only broken 2 sewing needles and have all the pieces stitched the right way round hurrah!

Now flopping with chocolate and TV xxx
Old 07-10-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Thanks for the input about my friend.

He contacted me on here about a year ago- just after I posted my story in Stories in Recovery". He's been trying to moderate off and on since then with good days- and bad days. We can all probably identify with his story.

I hope he'll eventually be ready to commit to going alcohol free. But that clearly has to be his choice.

Lets keep it up as we near year 2!
Old 07-12-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Good morning kids!

Second city so far this week, hobbling around the airport transfers in this damn boot thing is making me appreciate how much we take simple things like walking for granted! Hope everyone is doing well. Healing slowly scooter my friend. I should be resting it, but life does not allow!

Had dinner with someone yesterday that sipped the one glass of wine the entire. Some things I will never understand. Glad to have rejected it all together. No temptation. Feels nice. Independence.

Have a wonderful day guys!
Old 07-12-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Determined, I know the feeling of taking things for granted. I broke my leg in 2000, and still, every now and then when I am on a walk I stop to appreciate how great it is to be walking.

One of my mother's sayings was "Your health is your wealth!"

Ultra, I hope your friend has a final Day One; if he reached out to you through SR, he must want it. But, as we all know, wanting it and finally getting it are two things - sometimes, like in my case, years apart.

Hello, London! Pink! Choobie!

I am off to lunch and then to the beach to sit and read.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 07-12-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Scooter reading on the beach sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

Determined glad you're soldiering on despite the boot! Take care! I hear you about your friend sipping their drink. How do they do it!!!!!!

No news this way, grateful for every day I have, grateful that I have been successfully sober for this long! Just so so grateful for the life I have today.

Thanks for being here guys, if you weren't here, I wouldn't be either xxx
Old 07-13-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Greetings!

So, just saying ...........

TWICE today I have tried to blame my drinking for something, and I had to remind myself that I no longer drink! And, it is almost TWO YEARS!

I could not find the keys to my truck, which arenormally attached to my car and house keys. My first thought was that I must have taken them off in a drunken stupor - then I realized I do not drink - then thought about it and remembered that I had taken them off my key ring to give to my nephew when he volunteered to go to the dump for me!

Then, I could not find my cell phone, and my first thought was that it had been on the coffee table with the Sunday newspaper, and I must have thrown it in the trash (again, in a drunken stupor) It flashed through my head that I do not drink, and I called my cell from my home phone, to find it on the kitchen counter.

It has been a while since I have blamed something on my drinking, never mind two things! I really played a game with myself, blaming the alcoholism instead of just my own self for things ! ! For years...........
Old 07-13-2016, 11:06 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Scooter bless you but what a fab feeling when reality hit my friend! You're nearly 2 years sober how freaking awesome is that? !

Went to McDonald's for a chicken salad after work as was hectic day ans needed food quick. Ran into an old drinking friend who looked terrible. First thing he said was jeez I'm hungover (now this was 7pm yesterday). I joked and said that's a terrible habit there! He laughed and said "well I remember when you quit, that didn't last long did it haha" to which I said "2 years on August 28th buddy - all my own work". He was speechless. So was I as reality dawned. I am awesome. So are you guys! We totally got this!!!!

Happy Thursday people. Go forth and smile!

Check in guys, its a bit quiet . Much love xxxx