Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 22

Old 07-22-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Hi all, long time no post! Im doing ok- back on track AGAIN!!!! On day 73 and back in the middle of the AA lifeboat. Hope everyone is doing well, I'll call in again sometime soon, take care and keep on keeping on- you're doing great!
Old 07-22-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Great to see you 1step, glad you are doing well my friend. Keep on moving forward man, you got this.

Glad you liked the quote scooter, I too find myself looking in the rear view sometimes.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday!!

Hope everyone has a fab weekend planned. Going to gym then karate then the pool as my son is meeting his friends there. I am the guy sitting in the shade, practicing riffs on a drum practice pad. Make lemonade baby.

"We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same." Carlos castenada

Let it rock.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Greetings!

So nice to hear you are back and doing well, 1Step!

It is really hot today. I had planned to go to a hot air balloon festival in Rhode Island, but decided it is just too hot for that. I will spend my day swimming and reading at the beach.

I still cannot quite grasp that we are coming up to our two year mark!
Old 07-24-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Great to see you 1Step- keep it up!
Old 07-24-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Awesome, 1step! Keep it up- it's well worth it!

Done with finals, and now have a week of evenings free before the fall session starts. I've got June 4th as a target graduation date. It really doesn't seem that far off!

Scooter, it's been hot here as well. We've been stuck inside all last week. My son might explode for lack of Pokemon Go!

All is well here. Lots of love!!
Old 07-24-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Greetings -

I have a good story to tell about Book Club Woman......almost as good as the one about her being reprimanded (before being fired for many reasons) for purposely eating spicy food at lunch -------

I was walking the beach with a group of neighbors, as I do most Sunday mornings, and a few of them told us they went to the town beach yesterday, and she was there. There is a group of women who have been going to the town beach for as long as I can remember -they are older than I am, I would guess 70s. I remember when they would go with their kids. Now they go and sit in a line at the water's edge - usually all bundled up and gossiping about everyone else in town. A few of them smoke cigarettes, which is against town law, and most of them seem to spend the afternoon drinking, with pitchers and wine bottles in clear sight. They have always been a rather snobby group, and I wave if I see them...quite frankly , they are the reason I usually go to the private beach at the edge of my development - no lifeguards, but no snotty women either. The few times I go to the town beach - mainly if I want to swim and there is nobody at the private beach - I have seen them start trouble, complaining that people are too close to them, yelling at little kids to get away from their section.

Well, I guess you-know-who had some issue with them last week, so yesterday she went early and set up a huge tent-like canopy right where they have been sitting for about 50 years. She brought a radio, too. Well, when they told her that was their spot, she told them to show her their deed to it!

One of them told her they were going to tell the "authorities" that she was playing a radio, and she showed them her phone with photos of them smoking and drinking on the beach and said, "Here, add your complaint to my text to them!" She then spent a few hours talking loudly on her phone, and being a general nuisance - - - Ooh, I wish I had seen it (from a distance, of course.)

I am sure you all remember that this is the woman who called me out on my drinking - came right out and told me she thought I had a few drinks before book club, etc. I really have her to thank for my sobriety - as weird as that seems to me. That is something I will never tell her, though.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Congrats on finishing finals choobie! Enjoy some well deserved time!

Loved your story scooter! Sounds like something out of a movie! Too funny, wish you could you tube it!!

Hey ultra, I am reading the book finding ultra by rich roll. Thought of you bro, I really like his story and.vibe. Can't wait to get out there again once this boot is off!!

Watching scooby doo with my little man. He passed his swim test and I am so proud of him. I thought he was too young to do back strokes and distance but he nailed it! Gave me tears of joy to be honest. Good stuff man.

Pink and London, I have been watching nhs videos about my injury and getting great tips. Much better than my doc actually.

Love and positive vibes guys.

How you doin 1step? High five dude.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Great story Scooter!

Rich Roll's book is excellent Determined! I see his posts on Facebook (I'm not a big social media fan- my only 'friend' is my wife- I follow a bunch of trail running groups) and know he has a podcast where he interviews a bunch of vegan athletes and discusses veganism. He's still passionate about his complete life change.

Today I hit the two year mark. I'm blessed to have shared the journey with each of you.

Relentless Forward Progress!
Old 07-25-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Congrats ultra!!

I will check out the podcast thanks for the tip.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Congratulations, ultra ! ! !
Old 07-26-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Ultra! Woooooooooohooooooooo! Leading us into year 2, I'm proud to be following you my friend! Massive kudos to you my friend , enjoy this amazing feeling, you earned it, xxxxx
Old 07-28-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Congrats Ultra! Well done.

Relentless Forward Progress!
Old 07-28-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Ultra

D
Old 07-28-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Thanks Team!

We have a bunch of anniversaries to celebrate over the next month!
Old 07-29-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Happy Friday babies!! Woo!!!! Hell yes!!!!!

Laid back weekend planned. Kid stuff, pool, etc. all good. Trying to walk a bit with my normal shoes on. Will be very grateful to get back to normal. Attitude of gratitude for sure.

Funny thing is, I have my surf board in getting repaired. So I will be picking it up and just putting it on my car to take it home!! What a bummer!! Oh well, lesson in there somewhere, just have to find it. I think maybe it is to stop being a crazy jack ass and be more careful. Yep, I think that may be it.

Hope everyone has a fun and relaxing weekend planned.

"Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower."
Old 07-29-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Beautiful quote determined! !!
Glad you're on the mend xxx

Weekend plan includes swimming, building a shed, bbq, time with my mum, bike ride, dinner out and as much chill time as I can fit around that!

No news here folks

Keep plodding!!!! Xxx
Old 07-29-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Pink, what do you think of The Girl on the Train? The book club finished Empire Falls, which I liked, and we are going to read The Nest. Yesterday Sober Stick Figure, the book Determined recommended, arrived in the mail, and I am looking forward to starting it.

Weekend plans include sailing to a restaurant in Falmouth - much nicer than driving there, beach time and a baby shower. I have made the decision to stay away from the town beach for a few weeks. I don't want to get involved with the mess there!

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Scooter I got to page ten and got swamped with over time! Hope to go back to it soon, it seems good! Xx
Old 07-29-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend guys

D