Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 22

Old 06-27-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Hey all. Major career change on the horizon for me so I'm pretty swamped right now. All will work out.

I'll give you the details when I have more time.

Relentless Forward Progress!
Old 06-27-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Hoping you are all doing well.

Been struggling for time to check in as I have been busy at work as the Brexit stuff will have some effects on my industry. I worked most of the weekend, but never mind it will be worth it to protect my book of business

Hoping you are all doing well! On my way to work and catch up soon
Old 06-28-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Scooter and choobie I am drlloi g fir more ice cream now! Those flavours sound amazing! !

Ultra best of luck with all the changes, thinking of you and wishing you well xxx

London i think a part of my soul died on Friday, what a sad day. I hope work eases up soon and you manage to have a rest. Thinking of you at this scary time, hope work is ok and you pull through my friend. Extra Starbucks for you this week my lovely xxx

Off to meetings with the big wigs this morning, I feel another restructuring consultation looming!

Have a great day people xxxx
Old 06-29-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Just checking in. Wednesday and the end of a long day. Been working hard but as we all say now, so much easier in sobriety.

Ah Pink, I am so disappointed by the result last week although of course I respect it. I just feel people were so misinformed on the EU and our politicians are all self serving idiots.

I have always felt proud to be British and proud to be part of the European family. I don't feel proud of my country at the minute. It just doesn't feel nice here at the moment and I do wonder how it will all turn out. I keep reading about the xenophobic incidents and it makes me so sad and angry at the same time. 2016 is just a bad year for us I think...

But hey, we used to drink on things like this (any excuse right?) NOT ANY MORE! That's a great thing for us and I have faith that the country will find a way.

Hope everyone else is doing well! I am following the Clinton / Trump race intensely American friends. Their Twitter wars are legendary!

Stay safe all and keep on keeping on.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

London I feel the same my friend. I look at the next selection of 'leaders ' in despair 😕

It's really hard to remain impartial when my patients tell me they voted leave . Of course I am professional but underneath I am seething! I too respect it, but I don't like it! Ah well . No drinking this end either so we are doing fab London x
Old 06-30-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hi all

Had a decent day at work and just checking in. TV night with chilli and chocolate, yum.

Ah Pink, I can well imagine. Stay cool at work. I have colleagues who voted leave. I don't understand them but they at least read up on it and formed an opinion. We've all resolved not to fall out over it (even though I can be secretly cross, I just bite my tongue) Life is too short :-)

Hope you guys stateside are all doing good. Give us a wave 😀
Old 06-30-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Ultra, I hope everything is going well at work for you.

Determined, are you on vacation?

Choobie, how is everything going? Any plans for the Fourth?

Pink and London, I was very surprised at your voting results. As far as Trump and Clinton go, they both make me nervous. I am not a fan of either, and that is putting it mildly. I do not get into discussions when people start complaining about one or the other, and if asked, I simply say I can't stand either one of them.

My brother from the D.C. area is arriving tomorrow with his wife, two sons and their wives. They are staying with me for a week, like they always do for the Fourth. The rest of my sibling, with the exception of the Dallas brother, all have small summer homes on the Cape. I am the only one who now lives here year-round.

I am hosting the Fourth of July gathering, as I do every year. I stocked up on beer and wine - just didn't buy Miller Lite or white zin. I think I could have, but I am not going to chance it as those were basically my drinks of choice.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I'm with Scooter on the Trump / Clinton issue. Not a fan of either's character or approach.

Fortunately for me there's a third party candidate who has run an ultra marathon!
Old 07-01-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Good morning gang! Packing for vacation and am really ready for some fun in the sun!

Following the posts, I'm am unsure what the Britain exit really means and what will happen, curious on thoughts.

What's everyone have planned for the weekend?

Gotta get my butt moving! Have a fabulous Friday kids!!
Old 07-02-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Determined it's a real period of uncertainty at the moment, we don't know exactly how things will change or how significantly, but financially we've taken a hit already and I find the whole thing really scary. It's not what I wanted. And the future doesn't look too bright right now.

Anyway! Happy weekend! ! The sun is out and I'm spending the day with my mum doing a bit of shopping, ;visiting a stately home and also lunch out.

What are you guys up to? Xx
Old 07-02-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Quick check in before I leave for the weekend. Going on an extended weekend up north to relax on the lakes with my in-laws. This is traditionally the weekend where everyone tries to get me to drink. I'll be bringing my own drinks-thanks. And waking up every morning feeling great!

Politics right now- Arg! Yuk! Boo!

Hope everything resolves itself with work, Ultra. I know how stressful it can be.

Scooter-have a great holiday with family!

Gotta run- love to you all!
Old 07-02-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Choobie have a fab holiday! Leave the av at home! Hope you have a great time xxx
Old 07-03-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hope you have a great one choobie.

I broke my foot skateboarding yesterday!! I can barely hobble. Damn man!!!
Old 07-03-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Oh Determind! Bless your heart, rest up and heal quick my friend, thinking of you! Cool way to break it though! Xxxx

Had a lovely day at the seaside today, paddling in the sea, ice cream, fish and chips, walk on the beach, few pennies in the arcades, lovely day.

Be strong guys xxx
Old 07-03-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Thanks pink! Sounds like you had a fab day, good stuff.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good morning to you all!

Finally it's a sunny day in the UK. Really makes a difference

Hope you are all doing well.

My work calms down a little over the summer period in July and early August so I am looking forward to less business stress. I had a nice relaxed weekend and yesterday I was lucky enough to go to the tennis at Wimbledon

Happy 4th of July US chums !
Old 07-04-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Determined, I hope your foot heals quickly. Are you in a walking boot or a cast? The pain will subside in a few days when the swelling goes down.

Ultra, who is the third party candidate who is a runner? I am curious. I must admit I have become so disgusted by these two that I change the channel on the tv or radio as soon as I hear either voice, and I know that is not good.

I am sitting outside having coffee enjoying the beautiful morning while my company is sleeping. This will be the second Fourth sober - what a difference! Every Patriotic decoration, serving dish, leftover paper goods, etc. were all in labeled plastic bins- no hungover hunts! Last year I realized how ridiculous it was to hunt everywhere for the things I wanted to use - before that, some years I just went and bought new things and/or basically did not decorate - too hungover or drunk or busy thinking about my next drink. With sobriety came my great organization project, and I am so happy with it.

One of the many things I truly appreciate about sobriety is organization - I have everything (or almost everything) organized just the way I always wished it was. It is such a pleasure to go into my garage storage area and just get out the bins labeled SUMMER HOLIDAYS.

Pink, my nephew's wife brought vanilla frozen yogurt and Ceylon cinnamon and I might have another new favorite! I never knew that there were different cinnamons, and the Ceylon is considered best for your health. She generously sprinkles cinnamon on the frozen yogurt, and it tastes like a wonderful cinnamon roll! Who knew! She, tiny little size 2, is an ice cream connoisseur and wants to try a different home-made stand every day they are here. She won't have to ask me twice!

Since I still have not mentioned that I do not drink, when my nephew offered me a frozen something or other last night as we were on the deck watching fireworks, I announced that I was saving all extra calories for the ice cream this week....no drinks or snacks for me!

London , Wimbledon !?!?! WOW ! ! I went to a professional tennis match at Longwood Cricket Club in Brookline, next to Boston once, years ago, when my parents still lived there, and I still remember the pomp and dignity - nothing like a Patriots or Red Sox game (much as I love both!)

Choobie , I know you can stand up to the pressure from the in-laws.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 07-04-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Sorry about the foot Determined- and the financial uncertainty Pink!

Scooter- I don't follow politics since it's generally negative and divisive- and too often self serving. The Libertarian candidate is Gary Johnson. The party positions itself between Democrats and Republicans. (Socially liberal and Fiscally conservative)

I'm registered independent so don't align myself to a particular party. Some ideas of Gary Johnson's I like, some I don't. But I'm more comfortable with his views (generally) than the other candidates.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Swollen and in a big shoe. Could be worse, making packing tough today!! Heading home, which always feels good. Hope everyone had a great weekend, will catchup on posts when I get home.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

London, Wimbledon! You lucky devil! Bet it was fab!

Sun is shining, dare I say that summer has arrived???

No news here, just keeping on, hope you are all well folks xxx