Class of August 2014 Part 22

Old 06-20-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ta, Pink

D
Old 06-21-2016, 02:07 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Good morning guys! Pink, too funny about the recycle bottles! Don't ever want to go through that exercise again!

Congrats on the new place London! Change is good, and fun!

Off to catch a plane. Flying to do an hour presentation, then back on plane to get back in time to take my son to karate tonight.

"It is not gods will that we should be happy, but that we should make ourselves happy." Immanuel Kant

Let's do this thing.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Sitting in airport restaurant bar having coffee. A women just walked in and asked if they were serving alcohol yet. Bartender said not until 7am. She said damn, your kidding me.

Celebrate your freedom today and say a prayer for those still struggling.

Have a fabulous day team!
Old 06-22-2016, 02:51 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Good morning guys! Happy hump day!

Make it a great one.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Lets keep it up!
Old 06-22-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Determind hope the presentation went well x
London yay for the mortgage! Good luck with the whole process, it's always a battle here isn't it! LOVE the comment about watching football instead of your drink. I missed every goal last time and had to watch them on catchup!

Have written 30 17 words on my dissertation. Am thoroughly bored of it! Ah well. Time for a break, return to it tomorrow!

My hayfever has left me looking like a rather attractive snivelling , red eyed monster! Anyone else suffering at the moment?

No news here, keep fighting peeps, much love xxxx
Old 06-22-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Congrats on the move, London! Exciting! I often go through my Netflix queue and pick out a movie, but my husband will tell me that we've already watched it. It's always a good reminder that I really missed out on a lot!

I am often struck with the realization that I don't drink anymore-like I've somehow forgotten. And when the thought bubbles up, I feel safe and comfortable. Love that!

Pink, my allergies keep coming and going. Some days it feels like my eye will explode from the sinus headaches. So glad it's temporary!

My race was yesterday, mercifully un-timed. Also didn't need emergency services by the end- another mercy! Then went on a long bike ride last evening with my son. It was great, but wiped out today.

Love to you all!
Old 06-22-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Presentation went well, tougher crowd than I expected. No worries, it is pretty hard to rattle my calm these days. Boy what a change from the old days. And pink, yes my allergies are killing me!! I actually had to try and cut back on the sinus meds because I feel like I am getting to the point I can't function without them!

Choobie, way to go on the running! Sweet!! You sound fantastic. Keep on doing what your doing my friend!

Bedfordshire up in here! Love and sweet dreams kids.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
Determind hope the presentation went well x London yay for the mortgage! Good luck with the whole process, it's always a battle here isn't it! LOVE the comment about watching football instead of your drink. I missed every goal last time and had to watch them on catchup! Have written 30 17 words on my dissertation. Am thoroughly bored of it! Ah well. Time for a break, return to it tomorrow! My hayfever has left me looking like a rather attractive snivelling , red eyed monster! Anyone else suffering at the moment? No news here, keep fighting peeps, much love xxxx
Flonase. Had raging allergies for three weeks. Nothing helped. Bought Flonase and it was like someone turned off a switch.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Thursday, week almost done!

Thanks for the Flonase tip, is that over the counter?

I notice I have been letting myself get pulled into drama that has nothing to do with me. Acknowledging it and dropping out of that nonsense. The wisdom to know the difference makes all the difference.

Eye on the prize.

"Goodness is the only investment that never fails." Thoreau
Old 06-23-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Greetings,

Flonase is now otc; it was prescription only a few years back. I use that and my Neti pot at this time of year. The pine pollen on the Cape is everywhere. If you haven't tried a Neti pot, I highly recommend one. It is a tiny plastic pot that resembles a small watering can. You fill it with distilled water and a saline solution, tilt your head and put the spout in the higher nostril. The gross gunk that comes out the lower one as it cleans your sinus cavity turns my stomach but it gives me instant relief. They are available at most pharmacies for around $15.00, and they come with packets of the necessary saline solution. Be sure to buy distilled water to use in it if you buy one.

I always bought thick black trash bags, filled them in the back of my old truck in the garage, and dropped them off at a bin for the local homeless shelter - hmmm, I wonder if they have noticed a major drop in revenue since August, 2014 !?!?!?

I try to stay out of drama, but sometimes I do like hearing it! Neighborhood drama, town drama, political drama. library drama, Y drama, beach drama, book club drama......anything but drama that involves me or my family. I love reading the headlines on the raunchy magazines when I am in line at the check-out.

Choobie, I totally relate to what you said about it suddenly dawning on you that you don't drink. I get that feeling when I hear of a lecture starting at 7:00 or 8:00 on a subject I am interested in. My first thought is I won't be in any condition to be seen at that time, followed by the fleeting thought that I don't like leaving my home (bottle) that late, then it dawns on me - I DON'T DRINK! You are right - it is a feeling of safety.

The mortgage process here is long and tedious , too. That is one of the things that stopped me from buying a condo close to my cousin's in Florida when I was there....now I am REALLY glad I decided to wait.......(LOL)

I am off to the Y, then to lunch and a pampering afternoon with a few friends. We are trying a new luxury spa that just opened and people are raving about, It has been a while since I have had a massage, mani/pedi and facial all together! I will be totally zoned out - in a good, natural way.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 06-23-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Thanks scooter, will check out the tips. And, boy, your spa day sounds fabulous!!!
Old 06-24-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Happy Friday kids!

Having coffee outside listening to the birds. Sun just rose. Very nice.

Much love, make it a great day.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday gang! Karate and then two separate kids parties! I am beat!

The last one was kinda cool, the dad is building a music studio above the garage as he plays guitar. He had a child's drum kit in it and I told him I also play drums. So, we set the kid drums in the yard and he set up an amp outside to play guitar. We did a very fun jam for the party and neighbors started coming over to hang out and listen. I felt like the green giant on the kit, but rolled with it. Super cool spontaneous fun.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend. Much love your way.

Bedfordshire.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Determined that sounds amazing! !!!!!
Old 06-27-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Greetings!

I went to a retirement party for a college friend, and they had photos of the group of us "through the years." OMG! My downfall and recovery were so obvious to me. We have met two or three times a year since graduating in the 1970s. I was shocked. I definitely looked my worst possible in 2007-2008-2009-2010; it must have been obvious to everyone that I was having problems; maybe they thought it was the high stress job. I look a bit better, but still bloated and hungover after I retired, then, starting in November, 2014-after about 90 days sober, the difference is obvious. And, in the latest photos, I look much younger and healthier than the earlier ones. Wow! No wonder I have gone the other way when I see a camera....they do not lie.

I know I can do nothing about the past, but how I wish I had sobered up long before I did. Oh, well. The photos certainly were proof that sobriety agrees with me.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 06-27-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Scooter, I love your post. Great job, that proves the return in investment for getting sober, you go girl!!

Thanks pink, it was pretty cool indeed!
Old 06-27-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Scooter what an awesome post! How great to see your fabulous progress captured! Can you believe we are heading to the second year mark......? It's unbelievable! !!

Work is manic so I'm not posting much but I'm all good people!

Ooooh what's everyone's favourite ice cream flavour ? I bought a sicilian lemon and marscapone one today. Oh my days it's like nectar! !! My favourite flavors coconut, and also turkish delight 😊 nom nom nom

Enjoy your evening folks xx
Old 06-27-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

I do not have one favorite - I love mint chocolate chip, mocha chip, coconut almond chunk, black raspberry chocolate chunk and cherry chocolate chunk. I am currently totally hooked on Yasso frozen yogurt bars - both the mint chocolate chip and the cappuccino chip.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

What awesome proof that sobriety is the way to go!
Hmmmm....right now my favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate and peanut butter! I'm always happy to devour soft serve whenever I get a chance, though!