# 241 (permalink)  

Ultra love it!!!

Thanks determined! Super chuffed!!!

Keep fighting guys. Every day is a win.

London, hope you're ok buddy, miss you xx
Old 06-15-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Happy hump day!

Good one ultra, on that note let me get my butt to the gym!

Have a fabulous day guys!

"Thought is action in rehearsal." Sigmund freud
Old 06-15-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Way to go Hobbers!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Excellent work!
Old 06-15-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Funny ultra!! And quite a sign of the times
Determined, I think you are right on! And I know you are going to make it through the weekend with flying colors. Now that we have a taste of the good life, we don't need the fake stuff anymore! Love your quote today!
London, I feel like Big Ben has stopped ticking without your posts! I hope you are doing well and that everything is ok. We are holding you in our thoughts.

Things are getting a little less hectic around here. I'm caught up on homework, the kids have settled into the house, and the new job jitters are diminishing. I've already crossed the "I don't drink" bridge with them and it went over well. They peppered me with questions and they were surprised at my answers-as usual (No, I don't care if other people drink, No I really don't miss it, Yes, I still go out with my friends, No, it's not against my religion, Because my body is so much happier with me). I have an RFP sign taped to both my work and home computers. I think of you all, and take so much inspiration from each one of you!

Old 06-16-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Hey guys! I am BACK!

Hoping you guys are all OK and keeping on keeping on.

I'm good, still sober and enjoying life. I had a busy time the last couple of weeks but came through. Had to help my family back in the north with some things and I have been travelling a lot with work including a week overseas. That was fun but exhausting. The silver lining is all of this I could cope with OK with the mindset I have now. I did have to drop some AA meetings and Internet at a minimum to keep up.

I will go back and have a proper catch up but shout outs to you all!

London
Old 06-16-2016, 02:51 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Good morning gang!

Thanks choobie! Awesome work on the new job and solidifying your new image! Curious, what does the rfp stand for?

Hey there mr London man!! Happy to see you back and smiling! Glad all is well my friend.

Gotta get moving,have a great day guys!

"Winners have simply formed the habit of doing things losers don't like to do." Albert gray
Old 06-16-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Hobbers, congratulations! Keep up the good work.

London, it is great to have you back! I have missed your posts. How is the new place coming along?

Choobie, what is RFP? I am not familiar with the term. You must be so relieved to be settled at home and work.

I have never announced anywhere but here that I do not drink. I just say I want water, or seltzer with a splash of cranberry juice and lime. If someone asks me if I want a beer or glass of wine, I say, "No, thanks. I am set." Maybe it is the way I say it, (my attorney voice?) but I have never been questioned, and today is 22 months sober for me!!!

Pink, when will you be done with this course? Do you need it for work?

Ultra, I love the six-pack story.

Determined, I think we sometimes feel we are a boring old fart without alcohol. When in reality we were probably an obnoxious old fart with it. I like my clear-headed self much better, yet I still occasionally miss the first taste of an ice cold beer. But, as I learned here, I play the tape forward. There is no such thing as one or two drinks for me. It would be a disgusting all-out drunk complete with black-out, heart pounding crazy-thought night, sick and weak the next day.....you all know what I mean! Playing that tape forward erases all thoughts of being able to have one drink.

I would tell you what happened at Book Club last night, but I do not want to be banned from SR ! ! ! Let it suffice to say that she-who-shall-not-be-named (AKA book club monster) brought an "adult" coloring book to show one and all.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 06-16-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

London! Hurrah! So glad you're home safe and well and feeling good, we've missed you!

Choobie I love that you've addressed it with your new friends right from the start , well done! Doesn't it feel good to get it out of the way, next conversation PLEASE! Fantastic x

Scooter my degree is for me, work will not promote me for it, nor will I get a pay rise. I might get a well done, but mostly I will get 'great no more days off work to study' from them I imagine. Such gratitude. What it will do, is make sure I'm top of the list when applying for jobs. I'm super super qualified! So it's for me, and for my future. It's all over in august! X

I went to the dentist for a check up and came out with a filling. So I'm numb from my neck right up to my forehead as I needed four injections. Needless to say I'm hungry and feeling sorry for myself! Feeling blah today.

I'm going away for the weekend with my mum tomorrow, we try to go away for fathers day as my dad has passed away and we spend the weekend making memories to replace sad ones. Going to the coast to do some walking, bit of beach time, some good food and good mum and daughter time, so if I'm quiet posting it's a good sign! I used to drink through it, not Anymore!

What are you all doing for fathers day? Any plans anyone?

Love xxxx
Old 06-17-2016, 03:02 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Happy Friday!!

Scooter, you are spot on about the old fart comment. After all, nothing says cool more than a middle age guy with a kid that's on a wild and crazy drinking binge! Woo hoo!!

Have a wonderful day guys, attitude of gratitude.

"A moments insight is sometimes worth a life's experience."
Old 06-17-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

So the person I was messaging with about going alcohol free has chosen to drink this weekend. His sober time this week has given him the confidence that he can be the moderate drinker he's always attempted to be.

In other news, I'm going to try to log 35 miles between Friday evening and Sunday morning. I have 28.5 left. Tomorrow I'm planning a four hour run beginning at 5:15 or so- then another hour in the evening.

Let's have a great weekend Team!
Old 06-18-2016, 07:19 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Relentless Forward Progress! (RFP)

Scooter, I usually don't announce it, either, but my group was talking about what kind of alcohol they usually drink, and specifically asked if I drank. Not a usual situation, but it wasn't awkward, either.

Wow, Ultra! Way to go on that training plan! I think your associate is getting farther along the road of discovery-one that we've all been down. Great job in support! It's all we can do.

I signed up for a 5k on Tuesday. I'm planning to walk/run to the finish line. I'm not conditioned right now at all, but I think I can manage!

Glad to hear from you, London, and that all is well!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 06-18-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Tough run this morning but I completed it.

I logged 14 miles and was dragging for 1/2. Part of Ultra training is running back to back on tired legs so I tried to embrace the experience.

Hope all is well!
Old 06-18-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Administrator

Back from a break - hope everyone is doing well

D
Old 06-19-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

A very happy Sunday to you all. Since I posted I'm back I have been to my home town to help my sister with a few things - but on my way back to London now and hopefully to a routine.

Scooter thanks so much for asking - I haven't moved yet as the process is soooo slow here. I had a mortgage offer but the lender didn't like the survey so I had to get a new lender. Unnecessary drama but back on track now. I would imagine I will move into my new place in August.

I caught up on the posts and I love seeing how everyone is getting along - fun times and challenges but all so much better sober

I am having a reflective day like you Pink on Father's Day, as my Dad is no longer here too.

Have a lovely Sunday peeps !!
Old 06-19-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Greetings,

Ultra, if your friend is like the rest of us, he will not be able to drink in moderation. We all wish we could, and after the first few days sober, are quite convinced we can. That is why I had more than a thousand Day Ones.

Determined, I hope you are enjoying Father's Day and your friend's company.

London and Pink, I am in the same category - very reflective today. My father passed ten years ago. I am going to my sister's near Boston for a cook-out today; she invited my cousin, but she has a few of her sons here so is staying put.

I feel quite guilty about how my cousin is driving me crazy. I feel the month we spent together in Florida and driving up from Florida might have worn me down. I was very receptive then, now I secretly get irritated, although I do not act it. No matter what the subject, she turns it to her late husband. I am very patient, continue the conversation, then try to change the subject, which again goes right back to him! She was married to him for more than 40 years, and he was a great guy, a great husband and a great dad........but, I am sick of hearing about it.. Of course, I would never say that to anyone but my SR family....it sounds so mean and selfish, even to me.

Choobie, I don't know why I cannot say I had a problem so stopped drinking, but I can't. It might be because I am such a private person that I don't like talking about my personal life, and it might be because I do not want to admit it as it is seen as a weakness. When in fact, as we know, it takes great strength to stay alcohol-free.

Dee, I am happy to see you back from your break.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 06-19-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks ScooterBoo
I hope you had a good day - sounds like you needed a cousin break.

D
Old 06-20-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Happy Monday gang!

Great to see you London. Glad you are well. Hey scooter, thank you, Father's Day was total chill. My friend doesn't come until the fourth holiday. I am bracing for it...

Dee!!! So very happy to see you back! Not the same here without you!

Enjoy your day gang.

" a man cannot be comfortable without his own approval." Mark twain.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks determined

D
Old 06-20-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Great to see you dee!
Emotional but memorable weekend spent with my mum, was really lovely 😊
Just got home so need to do laundry and prep for work tomorrow, but wanted to say hey people!

Just saw a neighbour taking a load of empty bottles out of his boot, put them in carrier bags, added a load of kitchen roll, shake it to hear if it rattled, and then he double bagged it and put it in the wheelie bin. Now I'm not jumping to conclusions......but hands up who's done that?! I know I have!

Sleep well guys, and have a fabulous Tuesday tomorrow, xxxx
Old 06-20-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hi guys

Hi Pink! Doing a late check in too! Just been watching the football and England are through but only just. I watched at home with home made pizza and Diet Coke. What a difference to the Football tournaments of old. I actually watch the match and not my glass now, lol !

I am glad you got a break Choobie. I know exactly what you mean. Not selfish or unsupportive, only so much you can give or hear on something like this at times 🙂

Determined I am glad you had a happy and sober Father's Day

About to go to bed. Sliding back into my old routine of bedtimes and wake up times after the busy last month.

I also got my mortgage approved from the second lender today, whoop! So back on the roller-coaster ride that is buying a place in the UK.