# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 7

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-20.html

D
Old 03-04-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just caught up on the old one, and now we have a new thread lol. What have I missed about trump? What is the latest on it all? I'm out of the loop over here in Australia
Old 03-04-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I missed a lot of the last thread, too. I started to go back and read but I have to get ready for work. Sansa, don't even get me started talking about Trump! If he becomes the president of the U.S., I will be looking for another country to live in. I hear Australia is great, maybe I'll try that.
I'm still not doing great, so overwhelmed, but not drinking. That's the most important thing, I know. I just am not sleeping well at all, keep waking up thinking about all the things I'm not getting done. I want to make a list and put it in a box and call it my "God Box". Everything you put in it, you have given to God, and you just remember that every time you start to worry over it. Then, I can also make a list of things I can get done today and do them!
It was nice to see some posts from some of our temporarily missing folks. I wish I had the time to get really involved, answer each post and send more support. I do read most of them and am hoping each one of us stays sober today.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Last long workday starting.
Thread FLEW while I was asleep !
I think I'm caught up.
Day 11. Friday was my usual fall off day, giving in, giving up, ...something.
Forget THAT junk !
Old 03-04-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I forgot to say, tonight we start our move, so I may be offline for a couple of days. I may leave my computer here and check in when we're at this house, but there may not be time. We will see. Pray for me, please!
Old 03-04-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
I missed a lot of the last thread, too. I started to go back and read but I have to get ready for work. Sansa, don't even get me started talking about Trump! If he becomes the president of the U.S., I will be looking for another country to live in. I hear Australia is great, maybe I'll try that.
I'm still not doing great, so overwhelmed, but not drinking. That's the most important thing, I know. I just am not sleeping well at all, keep waking up thinking about all the things I'm not getting done. I want to make a list and put it in a box and call it my "God Box". Everything you put in it, you have given to God, and you just remember that every time you start to worry over it. Then, I can also make a list of things I can get done today and do them!
It was nice to see some posts from some of our temporarily missing folks. I wish I had the time to get really involved, answer each post and send more support. I do read most of them and am hoping each one of us stays sober today.
Nobody has been talking about Donald Trump. I was watching an interview with his wife Melania whilst posting on here. I just posted something like "OMG Wow I just watched an interview with Melania Trump. I will say no more"

LOL @ you will look for another country to live if he gets in lol. He is a hot head in my humble opinion. I don't believe he will get in.

I like the sound of your god box. You should do it. I know its easy to say, but try not to worry. Write a "to do list" or write and post in a god box and prioritize. Do whats most important, and finish it, don't start of something else until job 1 is completed. Well, that's what I try and do.

Your move will go fine Karen. Don't worry. Its a couple of crazy busy days then its done. We all do it.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey February class! Still going strong (ish) here day 34 ��
Missed loads, haven't been on here much, but hope we're all doing well wherever we are mentally/geographically/recovery wise! I'm definitely noticing not drinking on the weekend now has become a new 'habit' it doesn't enter my head to think of drinking at the weekend as such now but it's still definitely my danger zone, once I finish work. Hopefully I will remain strong and so will all of you. Be good! ��
Old 03-04-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pray for you-all Karen.
Regional dialect.... Somebody was being nice. I'm pretty redneck. I'm actually wearing a neon orange hunting color sweatshirt at work. ( they WERE on sale).
Old 03-04-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes with the move Karen

D
Old 03-04-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck with the move Karen. See you in a few days
Old 03-04-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What day are you on now coco? Hope you are going ok?
Old 03-04-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just caught up as well.

My fun takeaways while yawning away after a non-restful night of sleep are Cococo sneaking her dog into a hotel, and y'all and Yankee Doodle.

I also will write y'all but I don't say it out loud. Lol.

Day 5.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Also...knb if you're reading...consider coming back today. Even if you don't think you need us for a sober weekend, we need you.

We all need the most support we can get. And yes some of us are sensitive souls. God forbid we use it as an excuse to drink. I'm glad OOTT sounds strong about it.

Group hug y'all!
Old 03-04-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Here's to a sober weekend everyone. I'm actually suprisingly enjoying sober weekends. Who would've thought it?
Old 03-04-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Is anyone reading anything helpful recovery wise right now? I was thinking about opening up my library and re-reading Drinking: A Love Story.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

His wife Melania, omg wow, she is so beautiful, classy and intelligent, I had no idea!
Old 03-04-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I got all frustrated trying to get ready for work and I can't find anything! So, I decided to do a reset. Cup of joe and some SR. Feel better. Thanks for all the well wishes! Off to a long day, feeling good though! I love the place we're moving to. I promise not to say anything else about the Trump guy. I have seriously strong opinions and this is surely not the place for them! Hugs and happy sober day everyone!
Old 03-04-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I forgot to say, tonight we start our move, so I may be offline for a couple of days. I may leave my computer here and check in when we're at this house, but there may not be time. We will see. Pray for me, please!
Keeping you in prayer, Karen <3
Old 03-04-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia83 View Post
Hey February class! Still going strong (ish) here day 34��
Great job, Mia!
Old 03-04-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good luck Karen!! And thanks for the PM by the way.

I'm slowly coming out of my funk but have to be on guard for feeling too good if that makes sense. Jeepers.

One thing that may help is apparently we will get some 60 degree weather next week.