Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 03-04-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I slipped and I'm starting a new day one. I would really like to stay in this class, however. If nobody has any objections.
No objections here! We'd love to have you!
Old 03-04-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

I'm glad knb is OK [still catching up on thread 6]. Coco, I'm like you. I've been told I'm "overly emotional", but that was coming from someone somewhat robotic. Yep, we're all unique, and must embrace that!
Old 03-04-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I seem to be fixated on Yankee Doodle.

“For some reason,” Metcalf says, “early in 1883, this inspired someone to call foppish young men of New York City ‘doods,’ with the alternate spelling ‘dudes’ soon becoming the norm.” Some of the early mocking descriptions of these dudes seem awfully familiar today: “A weak mustache, a cigarette, a thirteen button vest/A curled rim hat—a minaret—two watch chains cross the breast.” Yep, sounds like a hipster. But that word has gotten so stale. We should all go back to “dood,” or maybe even “doodle.”
What's the Origin of the Word "Dude"? | Mental Floss

Good morning, Februdoodles.

I also learned the possible origins of OK.
Hmmm, what other useless facts can I learn today....?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Regional dialect.... Somebody was being nice. I'm pretty redneck. I'm actually wearing a neon orange hunting color sweatshirt at work. ( they WERE on sale).
LOL!! Hey, I used to drive a pick-up truck! Before that, an old Benz. I won't be labeled -- I'm a conundrum. Ok, really, I'm probably just a mess.

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I also will write y'all but I don't say it out loud. Lol.
Day 5.
Ditto, here. And congrats on day 5!
Old 03-04-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
I'm glad knb is OK [still catching up on thread 6]. Coco, I'm like you. I've been told I'm "overly emotional", but that was coming from someone somewhat robotic. Yep, we're all unique, and must embrace that!
I am same. Feel like a surly teenager some days. Some moments I know everything. Sometimes I know nothing and I am just totally confused. My feels are all over the place. I have a monkey slingin bananas and poo in my head. Sometimes he is just lazy and lays there looking at me.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
I seem to be fixated on Yankee Doodle.

“For some reason,” Metcalf says, “early in 1883, this inspired someone to call foppish young men of New York City ‘doods,’ with the alternate spelling ‘dudes’ soon becoming the norm.” Some of the early mocking descriptions of these dudes seem awfully familiar today: “A weak mustache, a cigarette, a thirteen button vest/A curled rim hat—a minaret—two watch chains cross the breast.” Yep, sounds like a hipster. But that word has gotten so stale. We should all go back to “dood,” or maybe even “doodle.”
What's the Origin of the Word "Dude"? | Mental Floss

Good morning, Februdoodles.

I also learned the possible origins of OK.
Hmmm, what other useless facts can I learn today....?
I love word origin stuff, Delizadee!
Old 03-04-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

It seems like it's gonna be a real fight to stay sober when I read ppls day 30-40 posts where they are feeling like they're faltering.
I once made around 100 days, then started slowly drinking again then returned to the cycle I've been in. I only did that once, and I'm still not able to identify " how" I'm doing it now. Not seeing a different "formula" to not drinking. I've done some pretty dang wacky things to stay sober, none of which must have been correct.
Maybe it's surrender or something I'm missing. All I really notice is a very quiet " anger" sensation, and I see some triggers very clearly , whereas I really wasn't looking for them because I was riding the constant drama wave that's been present in my life. It's like it's a point of view- shift or something. Maybe I'm able to step out and look at what's going on rather than just getting mowed down by emotional breakdowns, sickness and death which have been the menu for the past year.
I'm not doing a good job of communicating this, but I really noticed more things in the past 11 days, than previously, and right now, I'm basically learning to enjoy eating and sleeping again. ( eating- too much, for sure)
I don't know at what time in recovery a person should start working on real change, because sobering up and remaining so appears to be pretty darn drastic in itself. Who knows.
It's Friday. 5 hrs til off. I've posted on Fridays before right up to crashing.
All I'm sure of is that I'm sober right now. No plans to drink. No "weekend drama" news, is gonna make me drink. Ice cream and a middle finger is the order of the day, albeit rude ! Lol
Old 03-04-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
No objections here! We'd love to have you!
Beerbgone, do stay.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
It seems like it's gonna be a real fight to stay sober when I read ppls day 30-40 posts where they are feeling like they're faltering.
I once made around 100 days, then started slowly drinking again then returned to the cycle I've been in. I only did that once, and I'm still not able to identify " how" I'm doing it now. Not seeing a different "formula" to not drinking. I've done some pretty dang wacky things to stay sober, none of which must have been correct.
Maybe it's surrender or something I'm missing. All I really notice is a very quiet " anger" sensation, and I see some triggers very clearly , whereas I really wasn't looking for them because I was riding the constant drama wave that's been present in my life. It's like it's a point of view- shift or something. Maybe I'm able to step out and look at what's going on rather than just getting mowed down by emotional breakdowns, sickness and death which have been the menu for the past year.
I'm not doing a good job of communicating this, but I really noticed more things in the past 11 days, than previously, and right now, I'm basically learning to enjoy eating and sleeping again. ( eating- too much, for sure)
I don't know at what time in recovery a person should start working on real change, because sobering up and remaining so appears to be pretty darn drastic in itself. Who knows.
It's Friday. 5 hrs til off. I've posted on Fridays before right up to crashing.
All I'm sure of is that I'm sober right now. No plans to drink. No "weekend drama" news, is gonna make me drink. Ice cream and a middle finger is the order of the day, albeit rude ! Lol
Hey JL, do you find yourself struggling with complacency? I know that's where I'm at. Staying sober DOES feel like an awful lot of work. Every time I go to do the steps, it's like... print up 13 papers:THERE. THAT was work accomplished then I feel resentful of the work I need to do and just don't do it. I have been white knuckling alot, so it doesn't feel like a happy sobriety a lot of the times.

And as for the drama and anger... I sing "Let it go" from Frozen in my head. A lot. And have a habit of putting my two middle fingers up high in the air and waving them around like I just don't care. It helps.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey guys! The woman I teach once a week told me that I'm so much better now I'm sober. She said I look great and I can actually hold a pen now because my hands aren't shaking! I'd fooled myself into thinking she hadn't noticed that. My friend said I was really boring when I was drinking, and that she used to drive around in the dark looking for me because she knew I was drunk somewhere. I can't believe that was all so recent, I feel like a completely different person now.

JL - Glad you're feeling better this time around. Getting a good night's sleep has been one of the best things about sobriety for me. The past few times I 'quit' my sleeping patterns actually got worse - I've never made it this far so it's all new to me. I'm glad I've stuck it out this long.
AA recommends that you don't make an major changes in your life in the first year of sobriety. Obviously this isn't always practical, you may need to find a job to pay bills, etc. Or if a job was causing you to drink then it would be advisable to change that.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I now typically avoid reading news, because it tends to be a trigger, but I just read they found a huge knife buried on OJ's property. Good lord. Actually, it was found years ago, and the cop held on to it secretly. WTF?

Do we have a 'random, pointless comments' thread? I guess that's where this post belongs.

Anyhoo, I never believed he was innocent.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

My Goodness! You people are busy.

Congratulations on 30 days Badger!

Lolipa - So happy you are feeling energetic. Can ya send some of that my way?

BeerbGone - We have a good, strong group here. Stay with us. We are going to do this together.

Ramblers (you know who you are) - My day would not be complete without your ramblings.

Delizadee - I think it's going to stick. I hope all my fellow Februdoodles have a fantastic, sober, Friday night. Or Saturday night depending on which side of the rock you're on.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Beerbgone - yes please stay. Day 1 is better than a day 0. Have a great start to a sober weekend!
Old 03-04-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 14. .still dealing with this drat sinus infection and other stuff. Blah. Reeling over spouse hacking into my email, but have to deal with it.

The picture of Yankee swinging noodles around his head like I had as a child made me LOL. I found out what a human Macaroni was from encyclopedia, when we had those.

After watching the debate shenanigans, with Trump making innuendos about his man parts, I am considering becoming an ex-pat. I love Vancouver but climbing over the wall Trump will build on that border to keep Americans IN might be difficult. There will be a mass exodus north. I love Sydney very very much but the Vegemite situation may be a hindrance. I also love London, but the cat quarantine sitch rules that out. Haven't been to NZ, really want to go though.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Feeling AV whispering for first time in 2 weeks but not giving in.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I slipped and I'm starting a new day one. I would really like to stay in this class, however. If nobody has any objections.
With you all the way Beerbgone. Looking forward to your updates!
Old 03-04-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Sadie - Your spouse was hacking into your emails?? Hope everything's okay. Don't listen to that pesky AV.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey doodles! I woke up today and one of the first thoughts in my head was, "nah, no drinking for me today" and on I went to coffee and smoke. Dear God! It has been almost a week since I have just put the thought out there and let it go and not obsessed about it all day! Weeeehooooo!!!! I better not get too excited though. Last thing I need is celebratory thoughts in my head, haha.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Part 7!! This class is craaazyyyy! (In a good way) . Day 13. And it's Friday! Eek. Coco I always say ya'll. it's def a southern thing but I adopted it lol. Probably cuz I was such a huge Britney fan who says it all the time. :P. Everyone stay close this weekend. Stay sober this weekend.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

My Campral Rx is still not ready. I really wonder how long this is going to take. Apparently it's fairly new in the US.

My husband was going to join me today for an AA meeting, but I am SO sick with a cold, I worry about spreading germs. I guess we're just going to take it easy today.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Day 14. .still dealing with this drat sinus infection and other stuff. Blah. Reeling over spouse hacking into my email, but have to deal with it.

The picture of Yankee swinging noodles around his head like I had as a child made me LOL. I found out what a human Macaroni was from encyclopedia, when we had those.

After watching the debate shenanigans, with Trump making innuendos about his man parts, I am considering becoming an ex-pat. I love Vancouver but climbing over the wall Trump will build on that border to keep Americans IN might be difficult. There will be a mass exodus north. I love Sydney very very much but the Vegemite situation may be a hindrance. I also love London, but the cat quarantine sitch rules that out. Haven't been to NZ, really want to go though.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Feeling AV whispering for first time in 2 weeks but not giving in.
My wife got on here and went through reading my posts. I just leave it open, anyway.
She went bazonkers. Alcoholics griping aren't really talking about people as much as they are venting their own frustrations, but a non-alcoholic will never believe that. :/