Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 03-07-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Good morning all. Starting day 33. New week for everyone.
Wow great badger. How are you doing?
Old 03-07-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Hey Knb02, I'm feeling much better today thank you. I slept in today and I'm still laying in bed at 1:30pm watching TV but that's ok. It's my day off and I plan to go shopping and run some errands then come back home and relax. I've resolved to not try to do too much these days and take it easy on myself. One day at a time. Yesterday was difficult but the wave passed, as it always does if you l let it... just trying to keep this in mind. How are you doing?
Up and down like everyone else. I think we are all going through PAWS. I certainly am. But it's worth the fight and I am determined not to drink...just for today. I prefere sobriety to the miserable drunken hopeless dark life I lead before. If you called it a life
Old 03-07-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Hey Knb02, I'm feeling much better today thank you. I slept in today and I'm still laying in bed at 1:30pm watching TV but that's ok. It's my day off and I plan to go shopping and run some errands then come back home and relax. I've resolved to not try to do too much these days and take it easy on myself. One day at a time. Yesterday was difficult but the wave passed, as it always does if you l let it... just trying to keep this in mind. How are you doing?
So counting my days of sobriety...
I haven't drank between 63 to 84 bottles of wine so far. My liver is like seriously grateful to the max
Old 03-07-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Lol it's shocking to admit that I drank that amount. Nothing like
reality checks to keep you focused..
Old 03-07-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Knb02 yes it's really crazy if you look at it like that... wow. Not to mention 10-15 usd per bottle... so much wasted time, money and peace of mind. Good for you!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsViolet View Post
Glad to hear this Jobei. Congrats on getting through that rough patch. Rooting for you
Thank you my friend, today the battle begins anew. One day at a time. Hope you're having a good day!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I had an especially trying morning. By the time I was ready to break for lunch, I was practically in tears from frustration. A month ago I would have walked past the beer in the fridge straight to the liquor store for something stronger and finished my workday while downing shots and beer. Not this day.

I followed my plan and went straight to my father's house to forage for comfort food. I was not disappointed. My lunch feast, homemade corned beef and cabbage with a large slice of chocolate cake and green tea.

I'm feeling much better and ready to take on whatever the afternoon brings.

Peace, doodles.
Great job recognizing what's going on in your head and facing it! Food helps me a lot... I'm going to do some cooking for the week to keep my mind and body full. Have a great day my friend!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Congrats ,
Leezer
Cococo
Badger
Jobei

Freedom and knb: I just downloaded the fatboy couch to 5k app.
I'll be trying to start it up here in a few hrs. I predict great pitiful beginnings, but a start nonetheless.
Right now waiting in line to pickup son from school. I'll decide then if today is a bigfoot hunting day, or a go home and bounce on the trampoline day.
GG , my wife has a 5 or 6 model. She's about 12 yrs younger than me and more savvy on the "new" stuff.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I had an especially trying morning. By the time I was ready to break for lunch, I was practically in tears from frustration. A month ago I would have walked past the beer in the fridge straight to the liquor store for something stronger and finished my workday while downing shots and beer. Not this day.

I followed my plan and went straight to my father's house to forage for comfort food. I was not disappointed. My lunch feast, homemade corned beef and cabbage with a large slice of chocolate cake and green tea.

I'm feeling much better and ready to take on whatever the afternoon brings.

Peace, doodles.
Good for you Auggie. I have put on weight but I don't care at this point. Nothing beats sobriety. And I loooove chocolate cake
Old 03-07-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1982 View Post
3 weeks down and feeling strong and confident. Started running today. Felt like i was going to die. All that time drinking and smoking took its toll. Will keep pushing until i am healthy again. Baby steps.

Well done everyone and have an awesome week.
Do you run outside freedom? I was going to run today but didn't :-(
Old 03-07-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Congrats ,
Leezer
Cococo
Badger
Jobei

Freedom and knb: I just downloaded the fatboy couch to 5k app.
I'll be trying to start it up here in a few hrs. I predict great pitiful beginnings, but a start nonetheless.
Right now waiting in line to pickup son from school. I'll decide then if today is a bigfoot hunting day, or a go home and bounce on the trampoline day.
GG , my wife has a 5 or 6 model. She's about 12 yrs younger than me and more savvy on the "new" stuff.
I failed JL. Was going to run on my treadmill and eat fruit. I ended up eating cake and fudge and lying on my sofa. Oh well. There is always tomorrow.
Do you eventually run 5km with this app? Someone else told me about it
Old 03-07-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5837560