Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 03-04-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Are you ok 360? What's going on? We are here for you.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Are you ok 360? What's going on? We are here for you.

I'm OK. Just frustrated. I'll post about it later. Just trying to not allow someone else's problems become my own.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

360 - Everything okay? Keep us updated.

Sansa - People have noticed I'm looking better, but that's just because I look happier. I looked miserable while I was drinking!
Old 03-04-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Take a deep breath and do something for you. Watch your fave Tv show, go for a walk, eat an ice cream, do some online shopping do something for you to distract you X
Old 03-04-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

That is lovely OT. I think I look a lot happier too, I definitely feel a lot happier.
I've been rewarding myself with a Chinese massage every week (costs about the same as a nice bottle of wine) and have found one particular masseuse that is fantastic. Going to go and have one today. That is making me happier and more relaxed too.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Another thing I like to do when everything feels too much is spend some time gardening or feeding my beautiful wild birds. We get lots of King parrots and kookaburras here (you may need to google them if you're interested lol) and I can hand feed them.
I also love taking baths with a Diet Coke in hand. Bliss.
Part of my getting sober plan has been to reconnect spiritually to my higher power or God - which is animals. I feel spiritually connected and at peace when I am with animals. I was lucky enough to get a puppy for my birthday in November last year and he has formed part of my sober plan. He is lying next to me right now X
Old 03-04-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
I'm OK. Just frustrated. I'll post about it later. Just trying to not allow someone else's problems become my own.
I hear that, on others problems affecting us.
Let us know ! Were here for ya .
AV making noise now.
Called in a pizza. Going to get it in about 10 minutes on the way home. Worked last Friday.
Today I don't drink.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Take a deep breath and do something for you. Watch your fave Tv show, go for a walk, eat an ice cream, do some online shopping do something for you to distract you X
Getting a giant Dr.pepper and picking up my boys now. Maybe a river walk.

My sister just called from jail with a HUGE cash only bond.... Doesn't sound awesome at all. And for some reason it's really bothering me. I know she needs help, this may be the only way she gets it.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm off to bed now guys, I have to wake up early to go to my sponsor's house tomorrow. We're going through the first part of the Big Book together. I'll let you all know how I get on (if I don't get lost ).

Sansa - Sobriety pup! I'm spending my money on a healthy eating, vitamins, and facial cleansing phase. It's keeping me happy. Probably won't last long though!

360 - That's a difficult situation. Like you said, you can't let another person's problems affect your sobriety. Take some time out for yourself and reflect on it, don't stress.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear that, 360. We always want to help the people we love. (((HUG)))
Old 03-04-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I'm looking at Belize or Costa Rica. I had the opportunity to check out Belize in January. I probably won't visit Costa Rica for another year or so. Blue waters and white sands, my friend.
We went to Costa Rica last spring and LOVED it. I'd definitely go back. They accept US dollars everywhere, which I found odd, and everybody speaks English. I insisted on speaking Spanish, though. Peru, Argentina and Ecuador are on my bucket list.

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Garden Gal is not the last person to get an IPhone. I still use a flip phone and I refuse to text.
Awesome!! Yeah, I never did figure out how to text when I had a flip phone. I have only ONE app on my iPhone, and it was for figuring out how to get around in Sydney, Oz. LOL I should have picked Luddite as my name here. I've never used the GPS my husband bought me, but I probably should.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

We are both on 26!!! I've had two over night engagements since I became sober. Number one, I stayed far away from the bars. Two, went for a walk and bought coffee to distract me. And went early to my room. I know you can do it!
Yes, coffee will be my go-to beverage
Old 03-04-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Some huge family drama just happened, got me shaking and headache and ugh. A thought or prayer will be greatly appreciated! I don't know if my anxiety just went through the roof or what.

I hope you are all fairing well today!
Sending positive thoughts your way 360.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

360... im sorry!! that sounds rough. :/
Old 03-04-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Oh I'm sorry 360. That's a lot for you to deal with

Gardengal- are you a fellow gardener (I'm assuming that's where the name comes from?)
Old 03-04-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay in this class. My new day 1 has been fairly uneventful. Hungover as heck! I hope I won't have trouble sleeping tonight.
  # 97 (permalink)  

Oh I'm sorry 360. That's a lot for you to deal with

Gardengal- are you a fellow gardener (I'm assuming that's where the name comes from?)
Thanks guys!

Sansa, I'm a fellow gardener! Gonna start mine in my green house this weekend. Very much looking forward to it.
  # 98 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry to hear that. That's a load. Take time for you. That's most important right now. I'm having to learn that.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I know it's hard not to internalize the crap that goes on outside of us still being so fresh. Do lean on us when you need to.

OT, I've been getting lots of compliments too. I've dropped about 15 pounds in the last month. It seems like a lot now that I realize how fast it came off. I think it was a heck of a lot of water weight. But I've been exercising consistently and I am in the best shape of my life right now! I love it. And I get so many compliments on my hair. Who'da thunk it? I chop my hair every time a relationship ends. I haven't dyed my hair in a couple years now. Yet everyone comments on it. It's silvery, ash blonde with blonde streaks and dark streaks on the underneath. I look at myself in the mirror and think, hey good lookin!
Old 03-04-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Getting a giant Dr.pepper and picking up my boys now. Maybe a river walk.

My sister just called from jail with a HUGE cash only bond.... Doesn't sound awesome at all. And for some reason it's really bothering me. I know she needs help, this may be the only way she gets it.
My brother has been battling his heroin addiction and ending up losing all his money and in jail a couple times... he lives a few hours away from me so there's not much that I can do, even if I was there I can't make him stop. I also pray he gets some help. I've suggested this site to him hopefully he will give it a try at some point.

Right now I need to battle my own addiction to alcohol. I'm on day 10 now and physically I'm feeling much better which has also been a trigger for me in the past. I'm not going to drink today though. I am home, safe in my room and I'm not going anywhere until I have to work tomorrow. I feel like I don't have many chances left to get this right, my next drink could be my last... sure felt that way after my last binge 10 days ago. I am going to ponder that tonight and be grateful for having some small bit of clarity about it today. I don't want to go back to that even if other things in my life are difficult and not exactly what I want them to be... I KNOW that I don't want to be like that again. I hope that you can get some rest and take it easy today.... it's so hard worrying about family members but don't forget to take care of yourself...