Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 03-01-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
I have a test of my own... last week my doctor found a tumor on my body and in two hours I am going in for an ultrasound. I'm petrified. I've been fearing this all week and doing relapse planning in my head if there is bad news. I've been sober for exactly 7 days now
Keep us posted Jobei. Fingers crossed that it's not bad news. :-///
Old 03-01-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Im going to cook kimchi fried rice regardless of the outcome I've decided.
Auggie is right. Drinking on it will only make your day worse. It won't resolve anything and it won't make you feel better. Hopefully it will be okay...
Old 03-01-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
knb02... I very much relate to your post. yesterday was 30 days for me. I am very pleased with that achievement. Friday and Saturday nights are hard for me; except this week end it was manageable.

However last evening after work it was a stronger craving than ever. I read here and did not post.
My AV was trying to convince me I did 30 days. "No problem here".
The thoughts I had. crazing. like thinking it is February 29th. Just drink tonight and join the march group tomorrow. I could feel those intense cravings. I was thinking to myself will this ever stop, these craving?

I drove by the store. It took a great deal of mental energy however I did it. What works for me lately is thinking about what 2 am the next morning will feel like. Just how utterly disappointed I will feel at that time. I also imagined what it would feel like to get into bed sober.

I understand that part of energy. I know tonight after work will be another battle. Yet if I give in it will not be good.

Stay strong. I truly believe at 60 days it will be better. I plan on getting there one day at a time.
Soberjim I want 60 days too. More than anything. Well done to your milestone
Old 03-01-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Day 10 ! Yay double digits. KNB u rock! U go gurlllll! *hairflip :-) proud of u sista!
Old 03-01-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Jobe. I hope it's something minor, please let us know!!!! Please stay strong and don't drink.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Day 10 ! Yay double digits. KNB u rock! U go gurlllll! *hairflip :-) proud of u sista!
Jeez. CuteNGay I was this close to throwing it all away. Just shows that you should wait it out. Even if you have decided. I am glad I waited an hour. High five. Congrats on double digits!
Old 03-01-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Prayers for u Jobei *hugs*. Thank u KNB.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

We sure have some good-looking people in this class (I'm talking to you, knb and CuteNGay!)

knb so so happy to hear you made it through with the help of people here. I was in group so I didn't see the posts until now or I would have chimed in.

jobei--that is so scary. Keep us posted. It will only make things worse to drink, which you know. Maybe read over the advice given to knb if the urge comes? Also, I would like some kimchi fried rice, please!! LOVE kimchi plain or in anything (kimchi jjigae is my favorite). My husband sometimes makes a batch, but it makes the apt a little too fragrant

One week today! I have my SOS meeting tonight. Feeling better although still coughing. Group was excellent. I learned that I have no idea how to manage my feelings or sometimes even what they are.

We also had a 10-minute meditation. Does anyone do this? I always find it hard to quiet my mind and not obsess.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Here for you Jobei. Stay safe. Stay sober...no matter what the tests reveal. Your little girl needs her daddy. ❤️

One month today 😊
Old 03-01-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
ONTT how are you feeling? I am on day 36 butI have gone downhill since reaching the 30 day mark. My AV is strong. It hasn't stopped annoying me since sunday. grrrrrrrrr

I was ok after 21 days. Not sure if this is another phase that one hits in sobriety. I have been upping the sugar to combat any self pity that I have had recently.

I would love to drink three glasses of wine but there is no point evening mentioning this. Stupid of me to even type what I just said
I feel okay but worried about relapsing if I get complacent or too cocky. I feel tired today, but that's probably a leftover from my cold. I feel like I'm getting in the habit of NOT drinking after work each day, so I'm setting a positive habit. The stuff I was drinking varied from beer to overly sweet rotgut, so missing the sugar doesn't seem to be a problem. Basically I would drink ANYTHING. I wasn't a connoisseur.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
That was a very inspirational sentence to read. That was a very strong thing you did. An action which you will be pleased with tomorrow morning!!!
keep posting for support!

I know reading this post somehow will make it easier for me to deal with my AV later this afternoon!
Hell yea !
( apologies, Dee74)
Old 03-01-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Sorry Jim
I meant for knb !!!
I cursed on the wrong quote !!!!
Old 03-01-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
We also had a 10-minute meditation. Does anyone do this? I always find it hard to quiet my mind and not obsess.
My guru used to say, "Don't admonish yourself for your thoughts, just put them in the stream and let the stream carry them away. If they come back into your mind, put them back in the stream. This requires patience".
Old 03-01-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Guys I am home and I am sitting at the table with two bottles of wine. Just staring at them.I am in tears. I am sorry to sound so dramatic. I will give myself an hour like old tomato said. I will read and reread everyones post.
I am in such a self pity world at the moment. And I have nothing to feel sorry about. I am just finding an excuse to drink. I an trying yi fight this. I dont want to throw away 36 days :-((((((
Break them. Just f*cking break them. Don't pour them out, take them outside and smash both of them with a large rock.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Does anyone use the android app???

How do you log out of the app?
Old 03-01-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Oh man. Sense is coming back to my head.

I poured both bottles down the drain just now.. . Can't believe I just did that.

Gratitude to you guys for your posts. I kept reading them over and over again.

Thank you so much Apple, soberjim, 360startstoday,delizadee ,oldtomato, auggie, sadie, JL. Your posts meant alot to me.

I am mentally shattered now. Gonna have a shower and order a big fat pizza, and Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Gonna pile bananas on the icecream. Hell with the diet. It was a close call tonight.

I feel much much much better. Thank you guys big time
Good. I didn't read the whole thread, I came in in the middle.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Optimist - Are you unwell or going through withdrawal? If you're having withdrawal symptoms I would consider seeing a doctor if possible!
I was unsure earlier but my grandson (he lives with me) was on his way out and told me his girlfriend is sick and he's feeling sick to his stomach as well.

This was getting passed around at work by people who admit they are coming into work sick. We are well compensated for sick days and can work from home, so really there is no excuse.

I must be starting to feel better...I'm getting my fight back, LOL!

Thank you for looking out for me
Old 03-01-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Campral

Hi, just checking in with the Febs, though I suppose I'm officially March now due to my slip yesterday.

I went to the doc today, and I'm starting Campral tonight. I sincerely hope it will work to keep away the cravings. I'm so tired of it! I also went to my recovery session.

On the way home, I very nearly went to buy wine. AV was talking me into it, big time. But I resisted!

I'm a bit down in the dumps, but day one is half done.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Stay with us GG. I know I've had times when it wasn't one day at a time, or even one hour at a time. It was one minute at a time. Get through this minute, then the next, etc. That will subside and peace will take it's place.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
We sure have some good-looking people in this class (I'm talking to you, knb and CuteNGay!)

knb so so happy to hear you made it through with the help of people here. I was in group so I didn't see the posts until now or I would have chimed in.

jobei--that is so scary. Keep us posted. It will only make things worse to drink, which you know. Maybe read over the advice given to knb if the urge comes? Also, I would like some kimchi fried rice, please!! LOVE kimchi plain or in anything (kimchi jjigae is my favorite). My husband sometimes makes a batch, but it makes the apt a little too fragrant

One week today! I have my SOS meeting tonight. Feeling better although still coughing. Group was excellent. I learned that I have no idea how to manage my feelings or sometimes even what they are.

Safeandsound I tried it a year ago because i felt it would help with my panic attacks. I am not sure how one is suppose to erase your thinking because I think way too much. I should be meditating too