Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 03-01-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Somebody talk me out of this. I can't read everyonrs posts cause I am too irritable. I finish work in 30 minutes and feel like getting a bottle of wine. This is so bad for me if I don't. You won't hear off me for weeks cause I can't just have a one day relapse like most of you guys. It triggers off a massive craving. You won't hear off me in weeks. Ffs all that sugar for nothing. All those blasted AA meetings amd being on here..for what!!! I am just a pathetic addict. I could scream right now. I know this drink wont make me happy. I know I will feel awful tomorrow and yet I still want it
Old 03-01-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

This is the worst craving since I started. How others have managed to not drink for years I do not know.
God help me
Old 03-01-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey knb - I thought maybe it would help for you to re-read your last drinking weekend post again. Stay strong, friend.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...6-post158.html
Old 03-01-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
This is the worst craving since I started. How others have managed to not drink for years I do not know.
God help me
Have you played it through? What's the trigger? Hunger? Tired? Thirty?

Try to surf it out. The craving will only last a short time, your guilt for going back to day one will last a LONG TIME. Don't stop on your way home, see how you feel when you get home. Eat ice cream with maple syrup! You can do it. Don't let alcohol win and crush your spirit!
Old 03-01-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, I popped home because I got absolutely drenched on my way to the charity shop and wanted to get changed before my meeting! I went through a massive craving this morning, my AV was convincing me that having a drink when I got home instead of going to a meeting was a good idea. Luckily I'd deliberately left the house with only enough money for lunch and no alcohol. It's passed now.

OOTT - Well done on Day 28!!

PHRD - You're right, drinking makes us so boring. I would just be sat feeling sorry for myself, and when I was in a good mood I was just repeating myself over and over again. I'm much better company now I'm sober. (At least, I haven't been told otherwise )
Also, yeah Vitamin B-12 is great!!

knb - Don't pick up that drink! You will still be having cravings but you've beaten them back for this long so you can carry on going. You've jumped all those hurdles and reached 30 days, don't force yourself to have to go all the way back now!! It's just one more hurdle.

Auggie - 2 weeks for me today as well! Well done to both of us!!

Chris - Stay strong and keep going. Keep checking back!!

Applekat - I'm sorry to hear that. Whenever I'm having a screw-it day I post on here and text either a sober friend or a fellow AA member, then I trundle off to a meeting. You're more than welcome to carry on posting in this class, whatever helps you stay sober.

JL - It's great that you're taking that time out to look after yourself.

Sadie - Drinking after a period of sobriety is the worst, you've had a taste of life without that black cloud hanging over your head and then suddenly it's back again. I've found that all the 'pros' of drinking aren't really pros at all.

Optimist - Are you unwell or going through withdrawal? If you're having withdrawal symptoms I would consider seeing a doctor if possible!

Lolipa - It's in the past now. It's not good to forget about the bad times your drinking caused, but you don't need that guilt either. Keep thinking about how great it is that you've reached Day 4!!
Old 03-01-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Knb
Eat , eat, eat !
Old 03-01-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

God help me
Can you go somewhere else where you did not drink? If at home go for walk.?

Don't do anything similar to what you did while drinking.

Do you do AVRT? Read Rational Recovery website. The AVRT flashcards are helpful.

Post every minute here if it helps.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Shop is closed. Walking to the supermarket. God give me strength
Old 03-01-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

knb02......it WILL get better. Do not give in. I know how hard it is. Just focus on TODAY. Do NOT let your AV convince you it is ok.

Post here. Get through today and do not borrow trouble from future days. Many many folks on SR have been where we are and in a better place by NOT drinking.!!!
Old 03-01-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Yes..knb02. I like what jl2014 posted. eat something. I find having food helps my craving. Eat some comfort food.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

knb - Just focus on staying sober for the next hour. You can get through an hour right?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Shop is closed. Walking to the supermarket. God give me strength
Buy Ice cream, that you will not regret.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

knb... a nice 1 kg bag of sour soothers, smokes, coffee and gingerale helped me through some awfully stressful cravings. I hope you can ride it out my friend. I'm right there with you. I don't know what happened to me yesterday but I have a big of F you going on in my head. I am tired, I am grumpy, I froze in bed last night for a couple hours and then after a few hours of sleep when I finally warmed up I was awoken to the (*&%(*&( stomping and singing upstairs by my roommates at 6 bloody am. They are lucky I am not working or I'd be murderous.

I am grumpyirritablemad beyond reason. I want to get DRUNK.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Delizadee - Don't think of alcohol as a crutch. Your AV is trying to trick you. Go back through all the bad things alcohol made you feel. Go out for a walk. Call a friend. Go to a meeting. Distract yourself!
Old 03-01-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Delizadee - Don't think of alcohol as a crutch. Your AV is trying to trick you. Go back through all the bad things alcohol made you feel. Go out for a walk. Call a friend. Go to a meeting. Distract yourself!
I'm planning on getting some work done, an exercise in, and a nap later. I know I am just angry because I'm tired and in a situation I don't like. It's cold out here and I have my little one with me and I've used up my friend's good graces for babysitting to get to a meeting for a little while. But I know drinking will only put me in a worse way.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Work through it so you don't have to go back to Day 1, you'll feel better for it Delizadee.

I'm leaving for my meeting now. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts. Stay strong guys.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

knb - I haven't been to the grocery store since I quit. I'll need to go tomorrow or the next day. I know how tempting the beer and wine section are going to be. At the top of my grocery list, I have the following words:

This would bring momentary relief that would quickly be replaced by sorrow and regret. I do not want to start over.

Loli - It's difficult to not beat yourself up. Try to focus on the positive life that you are building in sobriety. This too shall pass.

Old Tomato - I am so glad you are part of the February class. I truly appreciate the genuine care and thoughtfulness you bring.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Guys I am home and I am sitting at the table with two bottles of wine. Just staring at them.I am in tears. I am sorry to sound so dramatic. I will give myself an hour like old tomato said. I will read and reread everyones post.
I am in such a self pity world at the moment. And I have nothing to feel sorry about. I am just finding an excuse to drink. I an trying yi fight this. I dont want to throw away 36 days :-((((((
Old 03-01-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Guys I am home and I am sitting at the table with two bottles of wine. Just staring at them.I am in tears. I am sorry to sound so dramatic. I will give myself an hour like old tomato said. I will read and reread everyones post.
I am in such a self pity world at the moment. And I have nothing to feel sorry about. I am just finding an excuse to drink. I an trying yi fight this. I dont want to throw away 36 days :-((((((
knb, I'ma make you a deal.

If you don't drink, I won't drink.
You know, that I know, that we all know, that we don't need an excuse to drink. I dropped a packet of spices off my computer. It p*ssed me off. Made me want to drink. It's cloudy out. Makes me want to drink. I'm tired. Makes me want to drink. Etc.

How about we look at the reasons not to drink?
Old 03-01-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I am unsure what to say. other folks are better with words than myself.

You know, you will feel better if you do not drink what is before you. You know the best course of action for you is to pour this poison down the sink.

You can succeed!!