Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 03-01-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm about to go to bed for the night but thought I'd check in first. I've got a loud snoring dog sleeping right next to my head! Here's to another sober day.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

First workday morning ! 4 , 10 hrs days to go.
Wishing us luck today !
Hugs Cococo , and Ggal . Glad you are both ok. Well get through this.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm up early.
Day 28.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Ready for a great day. Spouses - I used to worry about quiting thinking if my husband drinks it could jeopardize our marriage. This was false thinking. I know now that the only thing that could ruin our marriage is my drinking. I am a much better spouse energized, outgoing and not stuck with repetitive thoughts about how regretful I am for the day before.

I also worry about that 20-30 day mark when I will feel fine and under control. I've got a good reason and perfect excuse to stop now - I have a rare platelet disorder and the alcohol was really starting to deplete them to the point where I was anemic.

If anyone needs energy - I highly recommend B-12. I starting taking it a few weeks ago and saw a much bigger difference that 3 iron pills over months did.

For anyone who "fell off the wagon" just keep going and know it's usually not the first time it sticks and even much later on you may relapse but you have to just keep trying until you are healed.

Hoping for a great day and trying to find a plan to get into exercising again. It's always that first day back to the gym that is so difficult.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Thanks for the new thread, Dee!

That being said, St. Pat's day is coming up soon. The last time I really quit, it was St. Pat's day that tripped me up. I need to have a plan for that. Anyone made plans for the holiday yet?
I avoid it.It was an anniversary of sorts for an ex and me, love of my life. So, I'll cook upa batch of corned beef and cabbage and feed anyone that stops in.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I know what you mean. I made it home from work okay, but I passed several of my "go to" places. As usual, I flipped off two of them in particular when I went past. Anyway, there is a definite AV vibe going home each night. That is my biggest trigger right now.
I'll run later tonight, so that's a risk because it's after work and I'm leaving the house with cash money on my person, but so far I've fought off AV.
I take a different route home when I can, Out. And why do you need money on your run?
Old 03-01-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Does it get easier? I'm really starting to question. F**k me sideways, but I'm back at day 1.
GG, I'll venture a guess that a minority of people stop for good the first time. I can't even count the times I've quit so please don't stop trying!
Old 03-01-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Morning all! I'm worn out but I'm set to do some volunteering today so I have to get out of bed soon. Should be getting a lift to the AA women's group later, I got lost last time I tried to get there!!

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

GG - It's fine that you didn't speak at that meeting, I don't speak at meetings either. As for where to begin in recovery, I found it helpful to get out the house - I'd draw out enough money so I could buy food but not alcohol, then leave my cards at home. So I'd get cravings while out of the house and there was nothing I could do about it! I also try to attend AA meetings daily. Both those things might not be practical for you though.
I also found it helpful to reflect on what my life was like while drinking, if my AV was telling me that I could control my drinking I'd write down all the times I tried to control it and failed. Just to prove to it that it's not possible. I found this AA Step 1 worksheet helpful (might not be your thing but could give you some pointers) - http://www.royy.com/step1.pdf
Our paths to recovery are all different, different things work for each of us. But that was how I started out.

Coco - Good to see you back. That sounds awful! That happened in the backroom of our shop once, but we had to keep the shop open!!
Thanks for the link OT. I was looking for step work online yesterday
Old 03-01-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I'm up early.
Day 28.
ONTT how are you feeling? I am on day 36 butI have gone downhill since reaching the 30 day mark. My AV is strong. It hasn't stopped annoying me since sunday. grrrrrrrrr

I was ok after 21 days. Not sure if this is another phase that one hits in sobriety. I have been upping the sugar to combat any self pity that I have had recently.

I would love to drink three glasses of wine but there is no point evening mentioning this. Stupid of me to even type what I just said
Old 03-01-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Dee is this normal for early recovery? I feel like I am going backwards. My cravings are worse than before. They use to be one tidal wave and then it was gone . But this one hasn't left me since sunday. It feels different..like little waves contantly crashing on the beach every hour.

It sucks! I wont give in cause my life is so much better since I stopped being a hopeless, useless drunk. But still...its soooooo draining
Old 03-01-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Happy sober Tuesday. Today is 2 weeks for me. Hugs for those that are struggling.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
I came home to sh*t soup flooded my bathroom and hallway!
Gives a new meaning to "soup of the day." My goodness. I am glad you made it through!
Old 03-01-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Dee is this normal for early recovery? I feel like I am going backwards. My cravings are worse than before. They use to be one tidal wave and then it was gone . But this one hasn't left me since sunday. It feels different..like little waves contantly crashing on the beach every hour.

It sucks! I wont give in cause my life is so much better since I stopped being a hopeless, useless drunk. But still...its soooooo draining
knb02... I very much relate to your post. yesterday was 30 days for me. I am very pleased with that achievement. Friday and Saturday nights are hard for me; except this week end it was manageable.

However last evening after work it was a stronger craving than ever. I read here and did not post.
My AV was trying to convince me I did 30 days. "No problem here".
The thoughts I had. crazing. like thinking it is February 29th. Just drink tonight and join the march group tomorrow. I could feel those intense cravings. I was thinking to myself will this ever stop, these craving?

I drove by the store. It took a great deal of mental energy however I did it. What works for me lately is thinking about what 2 am the next morning will feel like. Just how utterly disappointed I will feel at that time. I also imagined what it would feel like to get into bed sober.

I understand that part of energy. I know tonight after work will be another battle. Yet if I give in it will not be good.

Stay strong. I truly believe at 60 days it will be better. I plan on getting there one day at a time.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I told myself I would spend February sober, and now I am looking to commit to March, one day at a time. Hugs to all who are struggling. I'll post more in a bit.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I am still around; just deciding whether to post here or join in March. I knowingly drank Sunday night. When I have those "screw it" days, I am not thinking I will control it, or that I am "better" - I merely give in for an evening of drinks. I realize a couple years ago I had turned into an everyday wine drinker, it has morphed with motherhood to binge drinking by definition. Which honestly feels almost worse.

I am catching up, and will post more later. Congrats to all hitting milestones, and even just coming back.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Day 9.
Every break at work I'm watching youtube videos on stAying sober. Gotta do much as I can. Not wanting to drink but still waking up to seeing drinking will do me in.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I had over 30 days last fall, it does seem that's a hard time. Do not drink!!! I did and had the worst blackout ever, with depression and bad anxiety resulting. We all know it's just not worth it. Think of all the bad things drinking has caused for us.

SMART has a workbook where you write the pros and cons of drinking. I wrote cons for pages. It's eye opening.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

So, Day 3 and I still feel horrible. Definitely flu like symptoms, but my scratchy throat feels like I was drinking vodka straight all night. I've been coughing as well. It's actually a bit worse than yesterday and I'm more determined than ever to not go through this again.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Feeling down on day 4. Not because I can't have a drink, but because of all the drinks I ever had.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
knb02... I very much relate to your post. yesterday was 30 days for me. I am very pleased with that achievement. Friday and Saturday nights are hard for me; except this week end it was manageable.

However last evening after work it was a stronger craving than ever. I read here and did not post.
My AV was trying to convince me I did 30 days. "No problem here".
The thoughts I had. crazing. like thinking it is February 29th. Just drink tonight and join the march group tomorrow. I could feel those intense cravings. I was thinking to myself will this ever stop, these craving?

I drove by the store. It took a great deal of mental energy however I did it. What works for me lately is thinking about what 2 am the next morning will feel like. Just how utterly disappointed I will feel at that time. I also imagined what it would feel like to get into bed sober.

I understand that part of energy. I know tonight after work will be another battle. Yet if I give in it will not be good.

Stay strong. I truly believe at 60 days it will be better. I plan on getting there one day at a time.
Soberjim thank you for answering because I am desperate at the moment. I am crying.