last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-44-a-20.html

D
Old 12-16-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun!!!
Old 12-16-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Small consolation for the other thread closing as I wrote an incredible, long, super articulate post. The kind of post that would have solved life, the universe and everything. Sorry guys.

Duff, go for it!! An aa meeting is a great place to head if you are still feeling even the least bit shaky. Don't worry about who you'll see, what they'll say, what you'll say. It's a lot like here, but with faces. the face to face interaction is very comforting.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry wehav

D
Old 12-16-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think a new thread part for us is perfect timing, kind of like a new beginning.

So Duff, as part of this new beginning, take that step and go into that meeting. You've got nothing to lose by trying!

Just a few minutes ago, my roomies, caught Jezebel trying to sneak food off the counter, it reminded me of one of the most amusing stories of Sherri and I.

We had just moved to the Florida Keys and had a lanai built on our trailer, I had an Umbrella Cockatoo that lived in the lanai. One evening we were grilling burgers outside, when we sat down to eat, the bird climbed up on the table, grabbed on onion from Sherri's burger and they had a minute long tug of war over this onion. Neither side was willing to back down. I can't tell you who won because I was laughing so hard tears had blocked my vision.

It's also possible some more good will come from today.

Two of the sisters asked me about my sobriety today. I told her how I found this place and how this site may very well have saved my life.

They both asked for the website, one to deal with her abuse issues ( I didn't know she had the issues) and the other about dealing with family members.

I gave them the site info and told them about the forums available to help with their needs. Hopefully they will both stop by and check SR out.

I feel like a great weight has been lifted from me and I think I may sleep much better tonight, aside from the fact I lost my wallet yesterday!
Old 12-17-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Haha Ken that reminds me of a time hubby and I were on a cruise. We had stopped at a place in Turkey we knew well so rather than go on any trips we stayed local and ate at a beachside restaurant. There was a guy at a table near us eating whole fresh fish and reading. I pointed out to hubby that there was a cat approaching his table. We expected it to sit and meow at him but no. It stopped under his table, reached up a paw, snagged his fish and pulled it off the plate. As it hit the floor he grabbed it in his jaw and legged it! All happened in seconds! The man was all red faced and shouty, me and hubby were in tears of laughter, the cat sat under another table smugly eating his prize and the waiter was wringing his hands in apologetic mortification!!
Old 12-17-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Now those were funny stories you guys.
Have a great day.
Babs
Old 12-17-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A little good news, someone turned in my wallet to the police department. I was just about to go into the DMV when the police called me
Old 12-17-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Another bird story, the day we had the carpet replaced, we were inside doing whatever, I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door and there was the bird, just standing there, he walked in, climbed up the rattan couch, perched himself and promptly crapped on the 4 hour old carpet.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Old 12-18-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning to my favorite Marchers :-)

Rainy here but I shouldn't complain - we've had so much gorgeous weather.

Time is flying so incredibly fast now. Even bad days sober are better than my "good" days when drinking (hmmm - an oxymoron to think of the possibility of good days when drinking!).

I've been in my "new" home for 11 months though it feels like about a month. I have absolutely no regrets about this move and even my kitty is becoming more social. In spite of some of the drinking culture here, I'm finding it easy to stay sober.

Have a lovely day :-)
Old 12-18-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I know what you mean Sass---going to another class today and really looking forward to it. I don't want to drink at all and I know the urge is going to happen but I'm so grateful that I don't have it at this moment . I know I wouldn't be sober if it wasn't for you guys here and AA. I'm just a Happy person today.
hugs to all of you
Babs
Old 12-18-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, it was the company Xmas party today. They brought in BBQ and booze and we stopped work at 2 PM to indulge.

I got me a plate, and the BBQ was from a really good place that I know. The break room is kinda small and lots of people in there and no place to sit and beer and wine starting to flow.

So, I escaped. I took my plate back to my work area and ate. Nice glass of tea.

Truth is, and I told those that asked, I needed to sit down. We're on 12 hour days and my legs hurt.

The truth I didn't tell is that if I have to listen to your usual foolishness in a small room while you're fueled by alcohol, I'll probably be on the 11 o'clock news.

/small rant over

After the meal, and an outside break, the owner kept urging me to get a beer. No, thanks. Another urge. No, I have to drive. Nothing more. I noticed later, he was walking around with a glass of water.

We had a raffle(I scored a nice set of BBQ sauces and rubs!), a white elephant Santa exchange that was fun. My prize was 1000 pennies($10 limit).

Then, the boss says, "OK, clean this building up and go home." So I got home earlier than usual with no casualty.

Hooaa.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well done Trachy!

iWork for the govt., so our Christmas lunches are booze free. We spent the first half of the day touring a botanical library then a national park (Taft historic site). Then potluck and same kind of gift grab. Then we rounded out the day with park themed hangman. Think that's the first time I've played hangman with adults!
Old 12-18-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That's great, Trachy - kudos to you!

We, it's so nice having you posting with us more often :-)
Old 12-18-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks sassy! I'm glad you and furrysass settled in well. Glad you like it there. I wanna come do yoga there.

Well I took the leap and called the new landlord today! She bought the house I'm in from the old landlord, and I'd never talked to her before. She thought I was calling to explain the heating arrangement I had with the old landlord. And took the opportunity to explain she bought the place to renovate as a single family and flip it. Said she was working I another property first and coukd probably put my place off until March.

I said, "we might have a win/win here..." And explained that I got married and we are on contract for a house, I'd like to give notice. I could hear the relief. She seems like a nice person and I could tell she didn't want to just toss me.

What she doesn't know is I've turned my life around and could afford to buy this place after the reno. I even watching the market for almost a year. Julie and I could totally afford it.

So I gave notice, get to use my deposit as January rent, and it's done. She doesn't even really care if I clean because they are probably going to practically gut the place.

One more hurdle down.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow that was even more typos than usual! I must be excited. Thanks for putting up with me!
Old 12-18-2015, 10:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Soooo happy for you, We! Sometimes the stars just align
Old 12-18-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear it's going to work out WeHav

D
Old 12-18-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Trachy, why is it some people think the only way we can have fun is with a drink? I'm glad you had a nice day and an early finish!

We, you are on a roll, chickie!

Everything ok in Tootsville, other than usual day to day minor niggles. Spent most of yesterday wrapping presents and still have loads to do! I seem to have to buy more for the adults in my family than the child!

This time next week it will be all done with. What a palava just for one day. Xx