Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 03-01-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Here for you Jobei. Stay safe. Stay sober...no matter what the tests reveal. Your little girl needs her daddy. ❤️

One month today 😊
Well done!
Old 03-01-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Keep it up, GG!!! I'm not sure what your strategies are, but mine are writing down my thoughts in a journal or on SR and reading anything recovery-related. Lately I've been on a binge of memoirs by female alcoholics.

Outonthetiles--I love this idea of replacing a negative habit with a positive one. I'm very gradually getting back into the habit of exercising. On days when I don't, I am much more stressed and prone to cravings. (if I'm too tired for cardio, I just do yoga, which forces me to breathe and relax).

Congratulations, Jeni! That is a huge achievement.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Keep us posted Jobei. Fingers crossed that it's not bad news. :-///
Sending good thoughts up for you Jobei
Old 03-01-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Good. I didn't read the whole thread, I came in in the middle.
Yeah this craving was a bad one. I will be interested in seeing how most of you with over a month get on with things. I didn't expect to reverse.

My AV was definitely telling me that drinking for a day wasn't gonna harm me because I have done so well. But I know what I am like and I know how my AV tricks me. It's been telling me the same carol for years
Old 03-01-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Does anyone use the android app???

How do you log out of the app?
I am going to buy it tomorrow as I can't remember my google password. It's stored at my works computer. Surely you can log out? I will check tomorrow
Old 03-01-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
My guru used to say, "Don't admonish yourself for your thoughts, just put them in the stream and let the stream carry them away. If they come back into your mind, put them back in the stream. This requires patience".
You have a guru? Wow
Old 03-01-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Hi, just checking in with the Febs, though I suppose I'm officially March now due to my slip yesterday.

I went to the doc today, and I'm starting Campral tonight. I sincerely hope it will work to keep away the cravings. I'm so tired of it! I also went to my recovery session.

On the way home, I very nearly went to buy wine. AV was talking me into it, big time. But I resisted!

I'm a bit down in the dumps, but day one is half done.
Campral? What is this GG? Well done for killing that AV
Old 03-01-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Hi, just checking in with the Febs, though I suppose I'm officially March now due to my slip yesterday.

I went to the doc today, and I'm starting Campral tonight. I sincerely hope it will work to keep away the cravings. I'm so tired of it! I also went to my recovery session.

On the way home, I very nearly went to buy wine. AV was talking me into it, big time. But I resisted!

I'm a bit down in the dumps, but day one is half done.
I used campral,
If it worked for me, it was very subtle. I don't Think it made a difference for me, BUT, I'm weird with stuff.
I can't tell you what made me not drink. I've posted all the way up to crashing before. Made not a lick of difference. I have some kind of quiet anger going on that's fueling my not drinking. Maybe that's what I need to cut through the DT, mental confusion, brain fog whatever. I can't identify my anti- trigger.
I did actually find a bottle of it the other day and started taking it ahain. and I'm going to finish it off.
Better to stack the deck.
Tonight-- gotta find more " keeping sobriety" or something on youtube.
45 minutes til off work.
Thank you for your FIGHT , folks.
Day 1 or 100,
Today we are FREE
Old 03-01-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I used campral,
If it worked for me, it was very subtle. I don't Think it made a difference for me, BUT, I'm weird with stuff.
I can't tell you what made me not drink. I've posted all the way up to crashing before. Made not a lick of difference. I have some kind of quiet anger going on that's fueling my not drinking. Maybe that's what I need to cut through the DT, mental confusion, brain fog whatever. I can't identify my anti- trigger.
I did actually find a bottle of it the other day and started taking it ahain. and I'm going to finish it off.
Better to stack the deck.
Tonight-- gotta find more " keeping sobriety" or something on youtube.
45 minutes til off work.
Thank you for your FIGHT , folks.
Day 1 or 100,
Today we are FREE
Is it herbal? I search a lot of sobriety stories on youtube. Anything to keep me focused
Old 03-01-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Campral? What is this GG? Well done for killing that AV
It fights cravings, and eases withdrawal. Prescription only. The doc wanted me to get through some of the emotional baggage before doing this [to get at the base of why I drink], but after 4 months, I need more help. And I assured her that I would continue with all the support work I'm doing.

Campral Treatment for Alcoholism

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
We also had a 10-minute meditation. Does anyone do this? I always find it hard to quiet my mind and not obsess.
I want to start trying, but I have a bit of ADHD, so it's never been my thing.

I have another doc appt tomorrow with the GP, and I need to admit about the booze, that it's probably the cause of my high blood pressure. This is going to be really HARD.

My son was pretty disappointed me in this morning. This has got to be my main driver to quit for good. How can he trust me when I've promised to quit so many times?? I sense him pulling away.

Thanks, everyone. knb, great job pouring it down the drain. Inspirational!

Old 03-01-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

No fair! I want a guru too!
Old 03-01-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

I want a sponsor! It's sort of a guru, right? But I'm too new to AA. How long do most people take to pick someone? I can usually tell pretty quickly who I jive with.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
No fair! I want a guru too!
It's kind of surreal how I met my guru. I just finished reading "The Crack in the Cosmic Egg' and was feeling like there was so much more to life that I know but can't see. A few days later he showed up in my life and made a huge impact. He led me to see things beyond my wildest dreams. I rarely drank alcohol back then (and never in excess) and I meditated every single day for well over a year.

When he passed away, I was devastated. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him. My meditation became less frequent and I began making poor choices. Now that you mention it, I could use a new guru too.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Good job knb!!! Told you you could do it.

Day 23 for me. Got a book from amazon today, "Her best kept secret". Looks interesting. Why women drink. Maybe this will solve all the world's mysteries!

Congrats to everyone else staying sober, those who've come back!

Job, praying for positive results. Don't drink over it though no matter what.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Is it herbal? I search a lot of sobriety stories on youtube. Anything to keep me focused
L theanine has helped me immensely. Read up on it thoroughly. That's what I did before I tried it. It's not a medication just an amino acid
Old 03-01-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Hey guys, checking in on you all before I go to bed. During the few minutes silence in my meeting I thought of you guys. I'm so relieved you're okay knb and Delizadee, we have such a strong class here!

CuteNGay - Well done on reaching double digits, you're doing great!

safeandsound - Glad you're feeling better and congrats on hitting the one week milestone! I've tried meditation but I always fall asleep.

Jeni - One month! That's amazing!!

OOTT - Stay committed to your recovery plan/program. I attend meetings daily and post on here to keep myself focused. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking "I'm okay now" or "I was overreacting", that's just your AV trying to be sneaky.

Optimist - Ah I see, there's a lot of illness going around at the moment. I was really unwell when I quit as well, it was difficult to tell what was withdrawal and what wasn't. Double whammy! Hope you feel better soon.

GG - I'm glad you're getting things sorted with your doc, remember to have a long term plan as well as medication - attending meetings, etc. Well done for resisting that AV. Today can be the start of your new, better life if you keep fighting it.

Anyway, I'm exhausted and I've eaten my supply of ice cream that was supposed to last me a week soooo... I'm going to bed. Goodnight all! Catch you in the morning.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee is this normal for early recovery? I feel like I am going backwards. My cravings are worse than before. They use to be one tidal wave and then it was gone . But this one hasn't left me since sunday. It feels different..like little waves contantly crashing on the beach every hour.

It sucks! I wont give in cause my life is so much better since I stopped being a hopeless, useless drunk. But still...its soooooo draining
It was normal for me knb. I had a few ups and downs for a while.
I'd be drinking for 20 years...it was a monumental change.

It would be a lot easier if recovery was a straight line...but just as we have bad days generally we can have bad recovery days too.

As long as you keep rejecting those thoughts and cravings things will get better.

What's your recovery plan like besides SR? I think it's important to do good things for yourself too - recovery should be enjoyed not endured, y'know?

D
Old 03-01-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Happy sober Tuesday. Today is 2 weeks for me. Hugs for those that are struggling.
Congrats Auggie

Somebody talk me out of this. I can't read everyonrs posts cause I am too irritable. I finish work in 30 minutes and feel like getting a bottle of wine. This is so bad for me if I don't. You won't hear off me for weeks cause I can't just have a one day relapse like most of you guys. It triggers off a massive craving. You won't hear off me in weeks. Ffs all that sugar for nothing. All those blasted AA meetings amd being on here..for what!!! I am just a pathetic addict. I could scream right now. I know this drink wont make me happy. I know I will feel awful tomorrow and yet I still want it
There's are some good ideas here knb. I really recommend Urge Surfing

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

If you think you need to beef up your recovery plan there are some great ideas here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Delizadee - Don't think of alcohol as a crutch. Your AV is trying to trick you. Go back through all the bad things alcohol made you feel. Go out for a walk. Call a friend. Go to a meeting. Distract yourself!

Last edited by Dee74; 03-01-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am trying. I really am but I feel like getting drunk too. Sigh. .There's alot of good. More good than bad. The best 36 days of my life in a long time. But it doesn't stop life from being challenging and it hasn't stopped me from feeling lonely. I dont understand why I dont t have a boyfriend. I dont understand why I am not married I deserve to he married. Even the alcoholics in the AA meetings are frigging married. Why am I not married?!!!!!!!
I'm going to be blunt because I needed to realise this too.

Because you're in the middle of a torrid love affair with booze. There's been no room for anyone else.

An abusive relationship can be just as difficult to leave as any other.

I gave 20 years of my life to drinking - I needed to give a decent amount of time to my recovery before I dismissed it as not working.

I'm working my way from the back of the thread - I don't know what you decided ultimately yet but I'll leave these posts here cos I think it's part of an important discussion for everyone.

Life is hard without drinking...if you're like me you drank away every stress and every bad emotion (or tried to, at least)...

learning to deal with that stuff is hard - it's uncomfortable - but it does get easier.

If you never push through you'll never find that out knb - and that would be tragic.

D
Old 03-01-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Administrator

Phew, I'm really stoked. I love it when the AV loses knb.

I hope my posts don't seem harsh in retrospect

Oh man. Sense is coming back to my head.

I poured both bottles down the drain just now.. . Can't believe I just did that.

Gratitude to you guys for your posts. I kept reading them over and over again.

Thank you so much Apple, soberjim, 360startstoday,delizadee ,oldtomato, auggie, sadie, JL. Your posts meant alot to me.

I am mentally shattered now. Gonna have a shower and order a big fat pizza, and Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Gonna pile bananas on the icecream. Hell with the diet. It was a close call tonight.

I feel much much much better. Thank you guys big time
D