Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 03-03-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
I always like Absolutely Fabulous. What a drunk her character was...
I know, both characters were sad drunks and drug addicts. For me, it was difficult to admire them or have any respect for them (as characters) that's for sure.

Totally felt for the daughter. But in saying that she was too uptight. But who wouldn't be with a mother like that.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

I haven't seen Fawlty Towers or Absolutely Fabulous in years! Unfortunately, neither are available to stream on Netflix here.

Thanks for sharing that link, Dee. I don't have anything coming up but I think it's good to keep as a reference.

I had a strange moment earlier. I was getting ready to make something for dinner and a thought crossed my mind that I would have a beer instead. It was as if I forgot for just that one second that I don't drink anymore. Habit maybe? This dreadful feeling of despair washed over me and then it was gone.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Well done!!
Thank you knb. Sorry I missed your message this morning (US west coast time). I was getting ready for work and eating b-fast and reading messages at the same time. I apologize. I love you and I love your posts.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

I don't think you like me :-/
I DO like you knb, and I'm sorry I missed your message. Please forgive me. I think you posted when I was driving to work and I didn't go back and read the whole thread.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

YAY happy days are here again!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

So relieved for Day 5 to be coming to an end! I was feeling weak and was going to run to the stor for "groceries" when my grandson called asking if I wanted to get dinner. We picked up some carryout,came back to my house and had a very nice time.

It gets even better! He asked to spend the night so I won't have to go out again, so no chance of stopping at the store.

I think there's a Bible verse that says when you're tempted, God will alyays give you a way out. Pretty sure that's what happened today
Old 03-03-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
So relieved for Day 5 to be coming to an end! I was feeling weak and was going to run to the stor for "groceries" when my grandson called asking if I wanted to get dinner. We picked up some carryout,came back to my house and had a very nice time.

It gets even better! He asked to spend the night so I won't have to go out again, so no chance of stopping at the store.

I think there's a Bible verse that says when you're tempted, God will alyays give you a way out. Pretty sure that's what happened today
That's so lovely optimist. I'm so glad you're spending some beautiful time with your grandson. An engaging grandma is so important in a wee boys life.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Congrats, Optimist, on not going to the store today
Old 03-03-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Optimist4ever57 sounds lovely! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
I know, both characters were sad drunks and drug addicts. For me, it was difficult to admire them or have any respect for them (as characters) that's for sure.

Totally felt for the daughter. But in saying that she was too uptight. But who wouldn't be with a mother like that.
Yea there was definitely a lot of satire involved with her, poking fun at her own real life past. I was in high school when that show came out so I didn't understand that part. I just thought drunken british women were hilarious lol!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Day 38! Not bad for this alcoholic who drank two bottles of wine a night and didn't give a sh@t about her life. Come on guys join me. It's sooo worth it. I feel so strong this morning. So blessed
This is awesome KNB!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

It feels like a PAWS day. I know this is normal but DAMN I feel like I have been hitting a brick wall at breakneck speed the past 3 days. I tripped out on a massive anxiety attack pretty much all day today... where the hellsballs did that come from??

Met with my interim counselor, she is great. Went to the public library (see how I typed p u b l i c sooo carefully?) with my wee one, we got a card and I took out 6 books. 6! I haven't had a library card in years. I have just been reading on kindle on my phone for what seems like forever now. Being broke is just, ahhh, sooo sobering. Haha. Anyways, she played a bit, I read, we went shopping and now it's full on blizzarding outside here...
Missing my in-town group tonight, as usual.. Have a hard time finding a sitter for most nights to go. And being broke, family-less and friendless mostly does not help the sitter situation. Ah well. I suppose the AA eye candy will have to wait til next week.

You guys are all a great group. And if I don't respond specifically to anybody, I do apologize. My brain still feels like a radio that's a few clicks off the station. I can kind of hear the right tune, but as soon as I turn the volume up, I hear tons of static an go slightly cuckoo. And that pertains to everything in my life at the moment. Trying to filter out the noise as to what is important and what is not at the moment still feels tiresome by the end of the day. It reminds me of being in detox. No one could remember anyone's names for the first 3 days... every five minutes we'd be asking each other what their names were. Yet we still felt safe, at home, welcomed and understood together.
Yall are fantabulous. Early recovery is hard. You need big balls to not go skazasscerwards er whatever, amiright?

I am rambling.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Oy, I hope KNB comes back.

AK, you should keep posting too. Everyone should stick with this class and keep posting, whether you have 1 day or 30 of them!

I'm tired and feeling a bit sad and lonely. But not drinking. Watching the OJ Simpson show, I love it!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

The library sounds fun Delizadee! So retro
Old 03-03-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Please stay with us knb. We are stronger with all of us together supporting each other. There was no intention to slight you and we all value your input(post). It was just an oversight in trying to keep up with a very active thread.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
It feels like a PAWS day. I know this is normal but DAMN I feel like I have been hitting a brick wall at breakneck speed the past 3 days. I tripped out on a massive anxiety attack pretty much all day today... where the hellsballs did that come from??

Met with my interim counselor, she is great. Went to the public library (see how I typed p u b l i c sooo carefully?) with my wee one, we got a card and I took out 6 books. 6! I haven't had a library card in years. I have just been reading on kindle on my phone for what seems like forever now. Being broke is just, ahhh, sooo sobering. Haha. Anyways, she played a bit, I read, we went shopping and now it's full on blizzarding outside here...
Missing my in-town group tonight, as usual.. Have a hard time finding a sitter for most nights to go. And being broke, family-less and friendless mostly does not help the sitter situation. Ah well. I suppose the AA eye candy will have to wait til next week.

You guys are all a great group. And if I don't respond specifically to anybody, I do apologize. My brain still feels like a radio that's a few clicks off the station. I can kind of hear the right tune, but as soon as I turn the volume up, I hear tons of static an go slightly cuckoo. And that pertains to everything in my life at the moment. Trying to filter out the noise as to what is important and what is not at the moment still feels tiresome by the end of the day. It reminds me of being in detox. No one could remember anyone's names for the first 3 days... every five minutes we'd be asking each other what their names were. Yet we still felt safe, at home, welcomed and understood together.
Yall are fantabulous. Early recovery is hard. You need big balls to not go skazasscerwards er whatever, amiright?

I am rambling.
You're not rambling g at all. Why did you put the "loser" emoticon! None of that please Delizadee. Some posters cant post 10 times a day for whatever reason but they can post 1 long post. And some only post a short post every 2 days or so. It doesnt matter. Post as much as you like. Theres no rules and no "post police" lol.

Can you speak with your family doctor about the aniexty?
Old 03-03-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Ya I know right? this thread moves! I've been in quite a few classes but none compare to this one. GOOD LAWD! *HUGS*
Old 03-03-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Ya I know right? this thread moves! I've been in quite a few classes but none compare to this one. GOOD LAWD! *HUGS*
Ha, yeah, it's a fantastic group that likes posting and supporting. :-)))))
Old 03-03-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Quick check-in! Today was super busy. Recovery group, counseling, dinner, Quicong class, watching election coverage. I just heard that today had the highest Google searches for "moving to Canada from the U.S." I won't get into politics, but jeeeesh!

Very tired but happy. Today I also reserved a hotel room for a trip I'm planning for my husband's 40th birthday.

Life is looking much less gloomy than even a few weeks ago.

I'll catch up on posts soon. Tomorrow is an all-day conference, though, so I might not appear.

Stay strong, class!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:15 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
You're not rambling g at all. Why did you put the "loser" emoticon! None of that please Delizadee. Some posters cant post 10 times a day for whatever reason but they can post 1 long post. And some only post a short post every 2 days or so. It doesnt matter. Post as much as you like. Theres no rules and no "post police" lol.

Can you speak with your family doctor about the aniexty?
lol Coco, I love to poke fun at myself. I've spent enough years beating myself up mentally and very brutally so. I do affectionately think of my better side as the grinning goofball with the bit L on my forehead haha. Can't be all doom and gloom right?

I have spoken with my doc about my anxiety. I was on antidepressants after detox but it kind of fell right as the shite hit the fan. Me and new meds= bad mix to begin with, so adding on ALL the worst things happening at once, led to relapse, led to suicidal thoughts... etc. I am currently on buspirone for my anxiety, it seems to help. Otherwise I am just dealing with PAWS I'm sure. I am going to wait until some things settle down life wise and I've had a visit with the psychiatrist before attempting another round of meds. I react very badly to all SSRIs and antidepressants in general hit some kind of off switch in me that makes me very prone to relapse. I don't know why. But I can stay more mindful of my sobriety and clear headed without the meds than I can with them. I know I am going to have just breathe, smoke, sleep, and white knuckle my way through the worst of the anxiety. I just know I can't deal with the suicidal ideation and numbing of emotions that come with new meds this early into my sobriety.
Me and the drinky poos must be nomorefriends. Whatever it takes.

And I don't mind if no one reads my posts. I've spent sooo long by myself, talking to myself, that I am just tickled pink to be "seen" and "heard" by such phenomenal group of people.
And I do ramble. A lot. There is a big empty hole in my head now where a vodka bottle used to live that seems to want to be filled up with senseless rambling. I can also talk forever and never really get to my point. I am working on not being so "wordy".

Hugs to all us rockstars! And extra hugs to everyone who's feeling sad and lonely!