Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 03-03-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Can someone send knb a message to invite her back?
Old 03-03-2016, 09:39 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Oott, I sent her a nice message asking her to please come back... I hope you come back knb! We miss your beautiful face and words!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Oops--the conference isn't tomorrow; it's Saturday, so I WILL be able to visit the class tomorrow.

I've been really spacey lately. Even more than usual ! I've always been a bit ditzy, but this is getting ridiculous! I keep losing things (briefly lost my purse at a store today, for example) and forgetting what I'm doing when I walk from one room to the next.

Thanks Delizadee.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
Quick check-in! Today was super busy. Recovery group, counseling, dinner, Quicong class, watching election coverage. I just heard that today had the highest Google searches for "moving to Canada from the U.S." I won't get into politics, but jeeeesh!

Very tired but happy. Today I also reserved a hotel room for a trip I'm planning for my husband's 40th birthday.

Life is looking much less gloomy than even a few weeks ago.

I'll catch up on posts soon. Tomorrow is an all-day conference, though, so I might not appear.

Stay strong, class!
What is Quicong? My google is broke.

Just kidding, I'm lazy. And prefer meaningful dialogue over google's cold, hard facts.

I've figured you guys are a great replacement for drink. Although, I seem to need to moderate my time spent on here. I'm wondering, is there a group on here for forum addiction recovery support?

Ahhh... it only took 4 days but Della's got her groove back.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:52 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

sns, me too. The last week of drinking when I tapered off and first week sober were just hell for me for that. It's kind of terrible to think... that I got so used to going through withdrawals and the brain soup that I'd learn to leave myself notes of what needed doing or where I'd been, and I'd repeat the lists over and over and over again to try and get through the motions and accomplish tasks.

The worst moments were when I was sober, driving down a road for example, and realize one moment, I had no idea where I was, where I had come from, or where I was going, what time it was. And I'm talking a full day sober. Or days. I had so many of those this time around. It scared the crap out of me. But the smaller things, yeah I do those all the time. I suspect it will plague me until the end of my time. As I've always had that problem.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
lol Coco, I love to poke fun at myself. I've spent enough years beating myself up mentally and very brutally so. I do affectionately think of my better side as the grinning goofball with the bit L on my forehead haha. Can't be all doom and gloom right?

I have spoken with my doc about my anxiety. I was on antidepressants after detox but it kind of fell right as the shite hit the fan. Me and new meds= bad mix to begin with, so adding on ALL the worst things happening at once, led to relapse, led to suicidal thoughts... etc. I am currently on buspirone for my anxiety, it seems to help. Otherwise I am just dealing with PAWS I'm sure. I am going to wait until some things settle down life wise and I've had a visit with the psychiatrist before attempting another round of meds. I react very badly to all SSRIs and antidepressants in general hit some kind of off switch in me that makes me very prone to relapse. I don't know why. But I can stay more mindful of my sobriety and clear headed without the meds than I can with them. I know I am going to have just breathe, smoke, sleep, and white knuckle my way through the worst of the anxiety. I just know I can't deal with the suicidal ideation and numbing of emotions that come with new meds this early into my sobriety.
Me and the drinky poos must be nomorefriends. Whatever it takes.

And I don't mind if no one reads my posts. I've spent sooo long by myself, talking to myself, that I am just tickled pink to be "seen" and "heard" by such phenomenal group of people.
And I do ramble. A lot. There is a big empty hole in my head now where a vodka bottle used to live that seems to want to be filled up with senseless rambling. I can also talk forever and never really get to my point. I am working on not being so "wordy".

Hugs to all us rockstars! And extra hugs to everyone who's feeling sad and lonely!
We ARE rock stars, aren't we?
Old 03-03-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Old 03-03-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Haha I love the little headbanger one
Old 03-03-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
Please stay with us knb. We are stronger with all of us together supporting each other. There was no intention to slight you and we all value your input(post). It was just an oversight in trying to keep up with a very active thread.
Nicely put JJ
Old 03-03-2016, 11:20 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Oy, I hope KNB comes back.

AK, you should keep posting too. Everyone should stick with this class and keep posting, whether you have 1 day or 30 of them!

I'm tired and feeling a bit sad and lonely. But not drinking. Watching the OJ Simpson show, I love it!
I hope you feel better tomorrow. Good for you for not drinking through it. I watch a comedy if I'm feeling a bit sad. I hope you get nights sleep.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Delizadee;5831100]lol Coco, And I don't mind if no one reads my posts. I've spent sooo long by myself, talking to myself, that I am just tickled pink to be "seen" and "heard" by such phenomenal group of people.
And I do ramble. A lot. There is a big empty hole in my head now where a vodka bottle used to live that seems to want to be filled up with senseless rambling. I can also talk forever and never really get to my point. I am working on not being so "wordy".[\QUOTE]

You're describing me there Delizadee. I feel exactly the same way :-)
Old 03-03-2016, 11:36 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Been chatting with our lovely friend knb all day. She is fine. She's just having a wee break.

Shes a sensitive soul like me. I wear my heart on my sleeve and form strong emotional bonds with people and that can lead to sometimes getting my wires crossed if I feel slighted......even though I haven't been. And there's nothing wrong or bad about being this way. It takes alsorts to make up this world. Everybody is different.

She will be back soon with rings on her fingers and bells on her toes :-)
Old 03-03-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Ya I know right? this thread moves! I've been in quite a few classes but none compare to this one. GOOD LAWD! *HUGS*
You are quite the looker CNGY! I love your little lip pout too lol. It's ever so subtle - it's perfect - not to over the top. I do it too, just like yours - subtle. Love it!
Old 03-03-2016, 11:53 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Well I started the day in bed - obviously - feeling very sorry for myself. Almost shaking with stress and depression. I planned on staying in bed all day wollowing in my pit, as I have been for 3 days, until I logged in and got several lovely messages from my friends who suggested I read the thread. When I did I realized I need you all right now. And I feel sad when one of you are sad. It sucks b@lls big time being sad. Anyway......I feel so much better now. Thanks everybody.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:57 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

SEE Delizadee I'm talking to myself lol
Old 03-04-2016, 12:16 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Morning all! I actually woke up when I was supposed to today. Early meeting, lunch with my dad, then off to see my friend to get her opinion on this birthday thing. I'm leaning towards not going, I just have to figure out a way of telling my friend that without annoying her. If she could uninvite my ex that would be great, but I can't ask that!

Delizadee - Are there any AA groups in your area that are 'Kids welcome'? A lot of mothers go to the women's group because children are allowed there.
Forum addiction recovery support, I need some of that! Think it might be a bit counter-productive to make a thread for it though.

safeandsound - I've been ditsier than usual as well. Two people have tried to give me a lift home and I've gone off into my own little world and ended up nowhere near my house. They'll never be driving me anywhere again that's for sure!

Coco - Good to have you back, I'm glad the class is helping you again.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Thanks OT.

How about texting her.

If it were me I'd just say something like "Thank you so much for inviting me, but I'm going through some stuff right now and I truly feel it would be better for me to not go, it's nothing about you or anything like that, I hope you have a wonderful time, I would love to catch up another time though, happy birthday"

Nice and simple.

I'm off to do a pile of dishes......baked and cooked like mad today......made savory muffins, sausage rolls, mini savory meat balls and ginger crunch slice.....for my sons school lunches. Then off to bed.

Have a nice lunch with you're dad.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

I think that's probably what I'll end up doing Coco. She's been nagging me for a while to come and visit her so the better option is to finally go and do that. I've been putting it off because money's tight and coaches are expensive, but hey, I'm saving a lot of money by not drinking.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Lol coco ur sweet. Thanks. So glad to have u back even if you're taLking to yourself sometimes goodnight all. Day 12 done. Yay
Old 03-04-2016, 12:45 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Well done on getting through Day 12 CNGY, goodnight!