Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 27

Old 02-23-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Headache gone after closing my eyes . I ended up in a deep sleep! I was confused when I woke up. I hope I can sleep tonight, now. I still need to log a little time exercising to make my daily goal. Then, laundry. Feeling less cranky about sobriety. It was good to be reminded by all of you about how it doesn't work. It's not like I am running from anything. I think it's boredom, and just an urge. I forget that it just makes me fat and unhealthy. For what, an evening with a short "high" and mostly a dizzy head. The time is better spent on hobbies and with the kids, or getting something done around the house.

You must have really needed that sleep, phoebe. Glad to hear that the headache is gone.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Thanks, Leigh. I had a restless night, and was up at 6, but did not mention it before, as it's nothing compared to Arbor's situation with a baby! I am lucky I can usually grab a short nap some days. Like you, I don't always sleep well at night.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Chocolate cake!!!! Yes, please Arbor.
Ok. Here it is. My wife got it off the back of the Hershey's cocoa box years ago. It's the bomb. I'll just paste this link to their site. Too long to type here.

https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/en_...late-cake.html

You won't be disappointed if you do it right and follow the directions carefully. You can't buy a better chocolate cake.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Ok. Here it is. My wife got it off the back of the Hershey's cocoa box years ago. It's the bomb. I'll just paste this link to their site. Too long to type here.

https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/en_...late-cake.html

You won't be disappointed if you do it right and follow the directions carefully. You can't buy a better chocolate cake.

It looks amazing, Arbor. Thanks so much.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

No problem!

Baby been down since 7. Wish us luck...
Old 02-23-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
No problem!

Baby been down since 7. Wish us luck...

Fingers crossed, Arbor. The little guy is probably tired, too.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

That cake looks fantastic! May give that a try on my sweet allowance day......along with a frosty glass of milk of course.

Just got a big chunk of tax organizing done, but calling it quits for the evening. Time to relax a bit and check up on y'all.

Wishing a restful night's sleep to all involved.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mark.

I slept well last night. Hoping to go for a repeat performance tonight!!!!!

I used to do our taxes, Mark, as I took a couple of tax accounting courses in college but, as I did not practice accounting in my career and, thus, keep up with tax changes and as my husband's business accounting matters became more complex, I gave the responsibility to a career tax accountant.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Interestingly enough I have a degree in accounting and went on for a Masters. That was my first career, but I never worked in tax and don't keep up with all that. The understanding of it all helps with my current business pursuits so it wasn't a waste. I know enough that it's best to turn it over to my CPA and I gladly do so!
Old 02-23-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Mark - my husband is a controller for a large wine company, and even he gives our personal taxes to a CPA. He despises taxes. I just carry on with my life as oblivious to them as possible.

Thanks Phoebe, it's been a pretty rough day. I've reached a healthy weight, which is more than I'm comfortable with, and this week I've had a lot of panic about it, like everything's out of control. And this voice in my head just hammers me with abuse. This morning I refused to eat breakfast and was so furious that I threw my bagel across the office (no one saw me). I used the coping strategies I've been learning and had some success controlling it to where I was able to eat a couple of meals today, so I was pleased with that progress. I know it sounds crazy that something so simple as eating can make me panic. I really can't explain it.

I was doing better by the end of the workday, but I took a hit when I picked up my daughter at preschool. So, science lesson, when you starve off all your body fat and then start gaining it back, the first place your body stores fat is around your organs because saving them is top priority. Makes sense, but unfortunately you end up with a pot belly for a while until the fat redistributes. So I'm rocking a bit of a belly in addition to having abruptly filled out everywhere else. It comes as no surprise to me that people might assume I'm pregnant, but it was nonetheless very unpleasant when my daughter's teacher didn't ask, but told me that I'm pregnant. Then she tried to argue with me, told me she can tell and maybe I just don't know it yet. I mean, based on my understanding of how the reproductive process works, I am 100% confident that I am not pregnant. Get my meaning? I didn't feel like explaining that to her, nor did I feel like detailing the scientific process of weight restoration. So I just laughed it off and left. But damn...didn't need that today.

Anyway, I'm okay. Just trying to stay focused and work this recovery hard like I did when I quit drinking. Everything I learned last year is definitely helping me work through my current situation.

So yeah, it's all good. And so is chocolate cake!
Old 02-23-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

(((Briar))); I am in awe of your strength and self-awareness.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I also wanted to share with you guys a message I got today from my friend who helped me so much last year, including driving my sorry ass to rehab. He wants to do something on Saturday to celebrate my one year, and he asked me today what I want to do. I told him I'm not feeling real enthusiastic about planning it right now with this other crap going on. So he said this:

"I honestly don't care what happens. The day just has to be marked. Without it, I'm not at all confident that we would have the privilege of arguing about anything right now."

He won that round.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Thank you Leigh, I haven't been feeling very strong, but your words are very encouraging.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
I also wanted to share with you guys a message I got today from my friend who helped me so much last year, including driving my sorry ass to rehab. He wants to do something on Saturday to celebrate my one year, and he asked me today what I want to do. I told him I'm not feeling real enthusiastic about planning it right now with this other crap going on. So he said this:

"I honestly don't care what happens. The day just has to be marked. Without it, I'm not at all confident that we would have the privilege of arguing about anything right now."

He won that round.

Wow; very good and wise friend, Briar.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Yes, Leigh, he is a really wonderful person. I'm so blessed to have him.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I remember how much he helped you last year, Briar.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Goodnight; see everyone tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hi guys....

So much love Briar and phoebes and all of you. ♥

I have heard of that chocolate cake Arbor. It's famously good. Not that I will bake it you understand...I don't eat cake. And I don't even own a cake baking tin.

I'm very sore and very tired.
It's not very hot anymore Leigh, just miserably humid with almost no breeze.
I have soaked fat cat so many times....she just keeps looking at me and maowing. I can do a lot of things, but I can't fix the weather.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Wow Briar, that was so out of bounds, that teacher. You endured it with such grace! That would offend any non-pregnant woman, never mind your special situation. Hugs.

V, sorry it is so miserably hot and sticky. Not sure whether I hate that or the frigid weather and snow more! I do hope the foot feels better soon.

Sleep well Leigh and Arbor. I am up too late, as predicted. I think I am tired enough to go to bed now. So, goodnight guys.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Nite phoebe love.