Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 27

Old 02-21-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Oh yes, I went and had an Xray on Saturday.
(Spoke to my doc a few hours ago to check the results).
Re-aggravated stress fracture and broken toe.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

V
Old 02-21-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh yes, I went and had an Xray on Saturday.
(Spoke to my doc a few hours ago to check the results).
Re-aggravated stress fracture and broken toe.

Good grief, v. We are going to buy you some bubble wraps, sweetheart.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Actually my husband is on my sh*t list today because he made some comment about how he "only got one meal out of me last week" meaning I wasn't on my cooking game. Then he told me I should eat healthier dinners because I might gain too much weight at the rate I'm going. Because apparently he thinks that hasn't occurred to me. He also made sure to point out that I've been eating too many animal crackers, which wasn't really the information I needed to hear today. So he basically made me feel 1000 times worse about myself.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Oh V, that does sound uncomfortable. I hope it doesn't take too long to heal.

I wish you had a sauna handy Briar. I rarely go in there after working out but decided to today. I think I sweated out my worries for the day and will have to pour myself in bed this evening. Very relaxing.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Actually my husband is on my sh*t list today because he made some comment about how he "only got one meal out of me last week" meaning I wasn't on my cooking game. Then he told me I should eat healthier dinners because I might gain too much weight at the rate I'm going. Because apparently he thinks that hasn't occurred to me. He also made sure to point out that I've been eating too many animal crackers, which wasn't really the information I needed to hear today. So he basically made me feel 1000 times worse about myself.

(((Briar))); wish that we could come over and take care of you.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh Briar....that is not nice. I'm afraid my reaction would be a lot less charitable than yours was. Probably just as well I'm not married!

And yes, bubble wrap has been suggested Leigh...
Old 02-21-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers; see you tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Well, hopefully I cooked enough freakin' chicken and mashed potatoes today to keep him off my case for a day or two.

Sometimes it stresses me out working full time, managing the home, raising the kid, and compulsively trying to be perfect in every way, all while dealing with serious mental illness. Inconsiderate comments about my weight and failure to meet my domestic obligations aren't helpful.

He just hollered up the stairs that my mashed potatoes are a hit. He's trying to be nice, but I just want to yell back sarcastically that I'm glad I accomplished something of value to him today. But I rarely argue with him because I'm never sure whether my feelings are justified. After all, I'm the one with the mood disorder. I'm used to keeping my mouth shut.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Your feelings are certainly justified Briar, but I think that 'not arguing' is a good thing; it doesn't usually accomplish anything.

It is a lot to work full-time and run a home, even without any other factors on board. I think a lot of parents take turns with the cooking and household tasks, or do some of them together. You seem to do most of the work in your house Briar, and I hope that your husband might be willing to take on a bit more of his share.

Although I'm sure he does plenty of wonderful things....and I guess you are so good at everything that he got used to it.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Sorry your having a rough day Briar. Good thing is tomorrow's another day. Today will be over soon. You can start anew tomorrow. It'll be better.

Night.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I know, you guys are right, I'm sure tomorrow will be better. Sorry I'm all drama today. I just feel straight wrong.

On a positive note, baby and I are having an Olly Murs moment lately, and here's what's on repeat at the Club Briar dance party today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niLMQsD9ZG4
Old 02-21-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

(((Briar))) ♥

May I share? A friend here made this for me.

Nice, huh?
Old 02-21-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

That's beautiful, V. Nice to be reminded of happy things.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I was hoping that might make you smile Briar.

And hello darling phoebe.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

V, sorry the foot is so painful! A broken toe too? Sending you healing vibes.

Briar, if my husband made that comment to me, he'd be doing some cooking for himself for awhile! But, I am not claiming to have the happiest of marriages. Perhaps you could gently suggest he share in the domestic duties? If cooking is your thing, perhaps he can do laundry, scrub a bathroom, etc...? Does he understand your eating issues? Is he fully aware? Those comments sound as if he does not get it.

I've told my dh a few times over the past few weeks that I am depressed and having trouble getting anything done. He says nothing. I am sure he just does not understand what it really means. He's not mad or complaining, but keeping a distance, perhaps? Maybe your husband does not grasp what exactly you are dealing with inside.

I had a better day today. Two nice days, some outside time, and a good nights sleep help. Kids go back to school tomorrow and I am glad. I love them, but this is a bad week for a staycation. Cold, typically, many friends out of town, kids are tired of all the museums we've been to several times, etc... We all need to be back to our routines!

Speaking of routines, I think I'll turn in early. Up at 6 with daughter tomorrow.

Goodnight gang.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

That is lovely, V. So pretty.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you had a better day today phoebe.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Morning guys, so far so good today except for random anxiety. Sweaty and shaky for no reason. No problem, got chill pills.

I hope everyone's been doing better than me, sheesh!
Old 02-22-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Ugh, Briar, sounds like anxiety in high gear. I hate that feeling! Glad you have medication. Could you need some adjustment to other meds? I am thinking with fluctuations in your weight, it may change the effect they have? My thyroid med changes if my weight changes.

I am having a much better day. Funny how sober living affects that. Duh. Went to bed early, up at 6:15, got kids off to school, and had my second load of laundry in before 9am. Have walked the dog, and relaxed with some coffee, and about to take him to get tick preventative. Yep, found 4 critters on the dude yesterday. Yuck!!! One was embedded. Ticks in February. Who knew? I am not happy about ticks coming into my life any more than they had already been, before the dog. This area is horrible for them, and we've known a few people debilitated by Lyme disease.

I still need to do my own workout, but will do that after I am home for the day, because I will be grungy after that. We have some leftovers in the fridge, but I also have a large pack of chicken breast. I may just cook those up to use all week for salads, and dinners. Fresh tonight with sides, and then I make a soup for the kids with some, and salads all week for the rest of it.

"Fake it till you make it!"