Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 27

Old 02-22-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi, phoebe. Wow, you've had a busy day already!!!!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Morning guys, so far so good today except for random anxiety. Sweaty and shaky for no reason. No problem, got chill pills.

I hope everyone's been doing better than me, sheesh!

(((sweet Briar))))
Old 02-22-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Well, hopefully I cooked enough freakin' chicken and mashed potatoes today to keep him off my case for a day or two.

Sometimes it stresses me out working full time, managing the home, raising the kid, and compulsively trying to be perfect in every way, all while dealing with serious mental illness. Inconsiderate comments about my weight and failure to meet my domestic obligations aren't helpful.

He just hollered up the stairs that my mashed potatoes are a hit. He's trying to be nice, but I just want to yell back sarcastically that I'm glad I accomplished something of value to him today. But I rarely argue with him because I'm never sure whether my feelings are justified. After all, I'm the one with the mood disorder. I'm used to keeping my mouth shut.

In my humble opinion, what he said to you yesterday more than justified a reaction!!!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Happy Monday/Tuesday, all.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I've been nowhere near as productive as you today phoebe. I made the gym, but otherwise this rain-drenched Monday has me lazy. I must force myself to the study to get tax stuff together but have found all sorts of petty excuses to avoid it.

I feel like a New England guy today as UPS just dropped off the annual supply of Vermont maple syrup from Two Pigs Farm shipped via Stratford CT. A tradition since a visit to the area years ago. A trip outside to feed the birds brings me back to Southern reality with a humid, foggy, rainy 62 degrees.

That's all I got today. Hope Monday has been kind to the gang.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of your troubles Venus, Briar and Phoebe. Hope things start to look a bit brighter soon!
Old 02-22-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi BD, my sister is waiting for her son to come through customs (just back from South America), and we just had a big chat about Greys, Scandal and The Blacklist.

It is so so nice to talk to my sister about things that aren't awful....or medical....we went through it for so long. Anyway, boiling hot here today. I'm not fussed that I can't go anywhere.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sounds good Mark! Stratford you say, eh? All the sugar maples are tapped around here. Folks collecting their sweet treasure from Mother Nature.

Rest that toe and foot Vee! Feel better.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hi BD, my sister is waiting for her son to come through customs (just back from South America), and we just had a big chat about Greys, Scandal and The Blacklist.

It is so so nice to talk to my sister about things that aren't awful....or medical....we went through it for so long. Anyway, boiling hot here today. I'm not fussed that I can't go anywhere.

Try to stay cool, v.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I shamed myself into at least gathering all the stuff together for taxes and did a little organizing.

I really enjoyed the tour of the syrup place and maple grove with all its tubing etc.. during our time in Vermont. I'm not sure how the Stratford location figures in. We've got nothing like that down here, but I do have memories of watching cane syrup being made. They used a press to squeeze out the sweet juice and then boiled it down in a huge sugar kettle. It smelled soooo good. Many of those kettles have been transformed into patio/courtyard fountains. Very popular here.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
I shamed myself into at least gathering all the stuff together for taxes and did a little organizing.

I really enjoyed the tour of the syrup place and maple grove with all its tubing etc.. during our time in Vermont. I'm not sure how the Stratford location figures in. We've got nothing like that down here, but I do have memories of watching cane syrup being made. They used a press to squeeze out the sweet juice and then boiled it down in a huge sugar kettle. It smelled soooo good. Many of those kettles have been transformed into patio/courtyard fountains. Very popular here.

Taxes - groan - it's almost that time!!!!
Old 02-22-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post

Taxes - groan - it's almost that time!!!!
That's a nice way of putting it!

I learned a few years ago to have my CPA come out mid-year to review year-to-date stats and let me know if I need to adjust quarterly payments etc.. I don't like nasty April 15 surprises!!!
Old 02-22-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I'm married to an accountant. No tax-doing for me.

Today was very tough, but I'm feeling a little better now. I did see my psychiatrist (regularly scheduled appt). It was ok, meds staying the same for now. She's sort of a therapist too and we always talk about stuff. It was nice to see her.

The afternoon was really hard. It's like there's voices in my head yelling at me all kinds of awful things about myself, up to and including that I should die. Not hallucination voices, intrusive thoughts. It's very hard to manage. But I distracted myself by working on a gnarly court order I've been avoiding. Focusing on making sure every detail of something is perfect helps occupy my mind and calms me. I might actually be good at taxes...but nah.

I am feeling better now. It started slowing down late afternoon, and now I'm just planning to relax for a while. It's exhausting. Good thing dinner's already made!

V that's really nice that you got to spend some quality time with your sister. You definitely deserve that after all you guys have been through.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Really very glad to hear that you are feeling better, Briar, and that your psychiatrist appt. was today.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all; see you tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Just on the phone Briar ~ I'm not very good with either of my sisters in person for very long. I'm trying. I realise at this point it's all me; I just don't have much patience for chic stuff.

Focusing on every detail and making something perfect calms me too. Immeasurably. I hope your head gives you a break love, or that it starts telling you how wonderful you are, and that you deserve everything good.

Good night Leigh.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:27 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Coffee. Lots please.

Hate to start the day off feeling like this, but it's out of my hands. The serenity prayer suits me just fine this morning.

Just tired of sleepless nights with the baby all...

There are far worse problems in the world. Who am I to complain?

Have a great day team.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Awe Arbor, this too shall pass! Those sleep deprived nights are so tiring, LOL.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

You're a tired dad, that's who.

Sure there are worse problems in the world, but day after day of poor rest is truly brutal.....whether from kiddos or alcohol. For sure, alcohol screwed up my rest big time. Coffee time here too.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

I'm really glad I'm sober. That's what I'm leaning on right now. What a tool!