SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2014 Part 27 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/385415-class-october-2014-part-27-a.html)

Dee74 02-20-2016 03:05 PM

Class of October 2014 Part 27

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-26-a-20.html
D

SoberLeigh 02-20-2016 03:11 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Dee.

Mark1014 02-20-2016 05:26 PM

V, happy Sunday and I hope your foot is feeling better!

Today was a repeat of last weekend with clearing a large amount of brush and tugging vine down from the tree tops and then getting it all burned. I intend for it to look like a park!

I've had you on my mind today phoebe. Like Dee, I didn't realize what you meant. I have so much faith in our team and in you individually. Loads of encouragement from me to you. V posted a lovely quote in the 24 hour thread that I hope you see. :)

phoebe64 02-20-2016 05:36 PM

I guess I thought the use of the word fail was pretty clear. Was not trying to be evasive.

Thanks for thinking of me, and for the advice, Dee.

Arbor 02-20-2016 05:45 PM

Man, you sound like Tarzan over there with all that vine action Mark. Must be nice to just burn it. I remember the days of my dad and I burning brush. No longer allowed in these parts.

Thinking of you too Phoebe. Hope the warmer spring like weather today helped cheer you up.

One of the things I think a lot about now that I never gave any thought to before I had children is that a big part of life is struggle. Everyone has their own set of problems and challenges. So many great quotes of this nature from some of our strongest leaders in history. Just google away...

venuscat 02-20-2016 05:53 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jg1u0ULIC4...wallpapers.jpg

The only time we fail is when we stop trying.

Dee74 02-20-2016 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by phoebe64 (Post 5806987)
I guess I thought the use of the word fail was pretty clear. Was not trying to be evasive.

Thanks for thinking of me, and for the advice, Dee.

Oh I wasn't accusing you of duplicity or evasiveness at all - I'm v. sorry if it came out that way Phoebe :)

Sometimes there is a cultural divide here between continents I think?

I literally wasn't sure...but it was early morning for me :)

D

venuscat 02-20-2016 06:00 PM

Thinking back over the time I have known you phoebe love, there has been so much growth and change. You have been looking after your health, and your family (so so well), and creating new paths for yourself....fitness, and your gorgeous dog, and your wonderful jewellery and cooking.

You are wise and caring, and a wonderful friend.

And like me, and many of us, you are struggling with leaving alcohol behind.
So now it may be time to add something else that can help you. I know you are not fond of the idea of going to meetings (I don't think), although maybe a women's only meeting might appeal to you. They really can be so nurturing and supportive.

Whatever it takes to help you through this part of your journey, we are right by your side. With so much love. :hug:

venuscat 02-20-2016 06:02 PM

And yes, Aussie and American can be completely different languages! :) :hug:

SoberLeigh 02-20-2016 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 5807050)
And yes, Aussie and American can be completely different languages! :) :hug:

True; we almost speak the same language.

SoberLeigh 02-20-2016 06:13 PM

Thinking of you, sweet phoebe.

phoebe64 02-20-2016 06:16 PM

Thanks guys.

I guess I hoped it will just be easy someday.

I did take a little walk with the dog today, did a bit of laundry. Worked at a hobby. I plan to get up early and start the day with an early walk tomorrow. I always feel better if I get up and can check off something active, like a walk or exercises.

Maybe I should make a daily list and force myself to check it off, keep to a schedule, include exercise, chores, and time for me to do things I enjoy.

venuscat 02-20-2016 06:23 PM

I have a feeling everyone is writing posts at once.....

Yes, a schedule is a good idea, as is a to-do list that you can check off.
But you are already very organised phoebe love.

I think you need something else that is recovery-based. Sorry if this is bossy.
I think the support of a D&A counsellor, or a recovery group/meetings will help it to become easier for you.

I know that for me, I have commitments ~ both here at SR, and outside that mean every day I am focusing on the blessings of what is still a relatively new sober life for me. After all, I smoked grass and drank for 30 years.

SoberLeigh 02-20-2016 06:40 PM

Goodnight, Octsobers. It's been a good but long and very busy day.

See you tomorrow.

Mark1014 02-20-2016 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by phoebe64 (Post 5807075)
.......and time for me to do things I enjoy.

Oh I like seeing that phoebe!

I do best with structure. As much as I like time off, I do get out of sorts if there's too much time for my mind to go all over. Plus I get lazy.

I agree Arbor, that there's always gonna be some struggle/challenge. I used to think that if I ever got out of school all would be well, then if I ever got my career going, then if I only made this much more income, if I ever get sober all will be perfect in my home life etc etc etc. All that time life is going by! I guess that's why the serenity prayer is so powerful in its simplicity. Boy have I got a ways to go on some personal issues! But I know for sure that sobriety is key to my future no matter what it holds.

Thanks for posting that quote here V.

I hope you and yours had a nice time at the shore today Arbor. (I admit that I did do a little Tarzan swing on the sturdier vines :) )

Briar 02-20-2016 09:28 PM

A lot of good advice and ideas, Phoebe. I hope you can find something that helps you.

So sorry about your foot, V, ouch! I'm glad you got the right treatment advice.

I'm in a really terrible mood tonight. I'm really upset about having gained weight, feeling completely out of control, and beyond furious with my regular therapist for a reason that isn't even an issue right now. I'm just in a weird state of malfunction tonight and am pretty uncomfortable. I think I just need to go to bed and hope I'll wake up with a clearer head.

venuscat 02-20-2016 09:29 PM

(((Briar))) ♥

Yes, a good night's sleep sounds good. But maybe a cup of nice relaxing tea first.
And I know you feel out of control love, I really do.
But you are actually doing brilliantly. It seems to me that you have taken control in every area of your life. :hug: ♥

EDIT: 7 days to go...and then you have one whole year sober. Pretty awesome, huh? :)

Dee74 02-20-2016 09:40 PM

I hope tomorrow looks better for you Briar :)

D

Briar 02-20-2016 10:34 PM

Thanks guys. Yeah, 7 days. This time last year was my final week of drunk hell. Whatever I'm going through tonight is 100 times better than that.

phoebe64 02-21-2016 06:57 AM

I was thinking the same as V, Briar. You are taking control, not losing control. But I guess leaving behind the old, unhealthy weight, and gaining a healthier weight, brings on a mourning phase? Similar to leaving behind the familiar habits of drinking?

I am puzzled why we want to hang on to these unhealthy habits, as I struggle myself with a permanent change of attitude and mindset.