Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 3

Old 01-23-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are taking your health seriously Lulu. I'll be hoping your levels go back to normal in 6 months. ((Hug))
Old 01-23-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I would like to join this thread for a bit of support with people going through the same time frame of recovery. I was here a couple of years back and managed a couple of lengthy stints of sobriety but managed to loose the desire to fight on (I gave up). Back on day 24 today and feeling quite good
Have a great sober day or night everyone!
Old 01-23-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Caramel, I'm glad my quote in the other thread was also useful here! I suppose I should officially join this thread since I'm part of this group now.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Welcome Carsmel, Star, Pedro and Zelda. Hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, then an extra hug to you!

Went to the gym today. Great workout. I've been looking at detox drinks too. Googled. Haven't really tried a real recipe yet. I see cranberry, dandelion tea, honey, ginger, green tea, lemon, distilled water, hmmm what else. Banti (might be Bandi) to share your detox diet? Thirteen pounds is a lot. I'm gonna start cutting back my food (sweets).

On that note I made chicken soup and chili this week. Chili today. Best darn chili I've ever had. I like a bit of a bite and a bit of sweet in my chili.

Onward ho!

Olivia
Old 01-23-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Chili today. Best darn chili I've ever had. I like a bit of a bite and a bit of sweet in my chili.
That sounds like the perfect chili to me! I always make mine extra spicy and then add some brown sugar to add in the sweet note. I love that balance of sweet and spicy.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Zelda - brown sugar it is! Ground Turkey and ground beef. I just dump stuff in. Brooks hot beans (or mild) , this time black beans , white chili beans, and maybe another bean, love variety of beans, splash worsteshire (sp?), few spoons chili sauce from jar, franks hot sauce, can of Rotel, brown sugar, chili powder, small can tomato sauce, etc etc etc. Yum! Ho made chicken noodle was killer too!

Oh and I held at one small piece of choc caramel! Love caramel!
Old 01-23-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

And onions and variety of peppers (which I usually don't put in because I usually don't have them!). Green red yellow orange.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Thump, are you OK?

Had a decent day here. Better than decent. My friend was wonderful! I had forgotten how good it feels to relate to someone on such a deep level. There is good energy between us. Her first suggestion was a doozy, at least for me. She said, "You don't have to love them. You don't even have to like them, but every person deserves your unconditional positive regard." That is a tall order for a hothead like me.

Later after a meeting, I learned that a former sponsor from a decade ago, a really neat lady, has Alzheimers. I cried on the way home but they were good, honest tears. I owe her an amends but she may not remember me.

Still, it is a beautiful day. It feels like things are starting to come together.

What could be finer than a sunny, sober Saturday?
Old 01-23-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Caramel, Starsailor Pedro and Zelda

Thump I think sometimes there's nothing like playing the blues...or something more upbeat if you prefer

D
Old 01-23-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
And onions and variety of peppers (which I usually don't put in because I usually don't have them!). Green red yellow orange.
I'm always excited when I happen to have bell peppers around when I'm making a batch. Just adds that extra dimension. I make fajitas a lot so sometimes I get lucky and have them around if I forget to pick them up first.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
What is going on exactly? Sorry you aren't feeling well today.

My drinking broke our relationship of about 3 years' standing. She continually urged me to seek help and was patient with me, more patient than I deserved, I reckon.

I have asked her to let me know that she wants to work on our relationship -- not a commitment to get back together, I understand she can't do that. But I've needed the hope, and she steadfastly refuses to give me any hope.

So I have to get past my longing and move forward, but I'm finding it difficult. I love her and feel s****y for having broken her trust ... and doubt that I'll get the chance to make it right.

I don't blame her for her skepticism. But when i think about it I find it crushing.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Overdue check in!

Hi everyone, thought I'd check in and show my face, been a few days since I've posted. Managed to just about keep up on everyone's progress. Plenty of newcomers and happenings I see, but the positivity and encouragement remains as strong as ever !

Been so busy in last few days with work and tasks around the house. It's all been pretty effective at keeping me in the moment, enjoying just living life without over-analysing myself. Was hopeful that I'd hit this stage eventually, but I do need to still try and ensure I commit 10-20 minutes per days for a little bit of self reflection of my overall plan. Been feeling ok though, so can forgive my slight lack of attentiveness.

I'm starting to enjoy looking towards some diet and fitness goals, but not stressing it too much. Just keeping all objectives light and achievable, with a little running, gym work and eliminating a few of my unhealthy snacks which have kind of crept up in frequency since late December. Obviously a carb replacement for my body, a crutch I'll now try to trim back.

Hope all you guys and gals in eastern US stay safe, the reports of freakish weather in your part of the world caught my attention. Mercifully benign weather here in the north of England.

Take care and stay sober everyone - you're all making huge strides!

CC
Old 01-23-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

what is the purpose of this thread?? sorry for my ignorance i just want to know what kind of stuff is to be posted in here - hope everyones doing well this weekend especially those caught in the terrible weather in the states!!
Old 01-23-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SillyHuman View Post
Thump, are you OK?
No, not really. But I will get through this, and I will get through it sober.

No one said it would be easy. These are chickens coming home to roost.

I'm glad things are better for you.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a support thread for everyone who's quit in January whathaveIdone - people helping people...nothing more complicated than that

D
Old 01-23-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

oh cool in that case this is the thread for me then lol - thump hang in there hope ur ok i think ur in the same boat as me currently, the pain is immense
Old 01-23-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Just reading the news and stumbled on this about the reliance on problem drinkers by the drinks industry. Not in any way unsurprising, but a greater rebalancing of the media towards these agendas would be useful I believe.

https://www.rt.com/news/329932-alcoh...blem-drinkers/
Old 01-23-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Welcome Whathaveudone!! Post your feelings. Give and take from this thread! It's a good place to be.

Thump - well, in an earlier post you said you can really be an ******** ! I'm guessing that's while drinking mostly. Drinking usually leads to outside liaisons that may not have happened wo the booze. If you did that you might be sh*t out of luck with your gf. Who knows, maybe you guys will work it out. Or maybe moving forward will be much better. Keep an open mind. Same to you What84!

Zelda - we have a garden with the most fabulous veggies. The farm ground where we live is super rich. We are known for our tomatoes and sweet corn among other things. So... I do freeze peppers and tomatoes to pop in dishes in the winter too. And.... What84, it's not a thread about food! Don't worry! Will get back on point now!!

Take care.

Olivia
Old 01-23-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whathaveidone84 View Post
oh cool in that case this is the thread for me then lol - thump hang in there hope ur ok i think ur in the same boat as me currently, the pain is immense
Yeah, I s'pose it's a matter of lifting my gaze to the horizon.

Dee, there's definitely blues on the list when i get back to Casa del Tompalompico tonight.

Old 01-23-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Livvy, I've never cheated on any woman I've been with. The trust I broke is not in that area. I lied about my drinking, and I lied about my quitting.