Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 3

Old 01-23-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Welcome Nargles! Lol -- I'm also figuring out the bells & whistles:-)
Old 01-23-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Plenny -- I have no words of wisdom about your fatigue except don't we all have our Blah days? Congratulations on your 4 months--You are so Strong! (((Hugs)))
Thank you bandicoot, I actually have not been sober for four months, but about four months ago I made a very big change in my life. I ran across the country to try to get my thoughts in order and to try to save my life. I have no idea what I'm doing next.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well!
Old 01-23-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Welcome Nargles! Lol -- I'm also figuring out the bells & whistles:-)
Have you found the smilies yet ? Smilies are fun .

Good for you on making it through your event Thant's awesome.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hiya to the new arrivals.

DeepBlue, are you also DeepBlue in a guitar forum?
Old 01-23-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

day 19, snowed in, staying strong!
Old 01-23-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Thank you bandicoot, I actually have not been sober for four months, but about four months ago I made a very big change in my life. I ran across the country to try to get my thoughts in order and to try to save my life. I have no idea what I'm doing next.
Dear Plenny- You are Here and that's Good!

I can relate to your big move. When my mom and sister died, I wanted to run far far away. Still do - but family responsibilities keep me here.

Hang in there --- (((More Hugs)))
Old 01-23-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Thank you, Sunflower. The blizzard is happening now. In the house for the day. I made a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cheesecake for tonight.
Day 23 for me.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

It's been six months since I was last here, a time full of surprises but that's life, isn't it.
Put me down as Day 1 today, and I look forward to reading here again often and being a bit more mindful - thanks for having me back!
Old 01-23-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Well I thought I was being unproductive but I was spending the whole morning researching how to start an etsy store
Old 01-23-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Hiya to the new arrivals.

DeepBlue, are you also DeepBlue in a guitar forum?
Alas - tis not me!
Old 01-23-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Arrow

Originally Posted by Shantilove View Post
Hey deep blue!
May I ask what kind of weight loss program? I would really love to improve my health and self confidence by losing this booze bloat I've gotten over the years.
Hi - I am just doing strict calorie counting and an exercise plan - it all helps me to feel that I have a structure and am in control of my life. When I was drinking, I had no control in my life and it robbed me of the freedom to make healthy choices and decisions. Probably the worst thing about booze for me was that it gave me dreams and aspirations whilst robbing me of the capacity to achieve them.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
It's been six months since I was last here, a time full of surprises but that's life, isn't it.
Put me down as Day 1 today, and I look forward to reading here again often and being a bit more mindful - thanks for having me back!
Welcome Caramel - looking forward to hearing your story. Welcome back
Old 01-23-2016, 11:24 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Feeling bummed out for the relationship I've broken. I have to find a way past it.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Sorry you're bummed Thumpalumpacus. I had a bad break up last year, not my fault, not my choice but still... I felt like no one understood my pain and tears because they all said it was for the best and time would heal. Empty words when you're in the middle of it I know. It's true though. Time did heal. And it was for the best. I hope you find a way, time will do it's work regardless.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Feeling bummed out for the relationship I've broken. I have to find a way past it.
What is going on exactly? Sorry you aren't feeling well today.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome, DeepBlue.
I guess my "story" over the past six months and before that is much the same as everyone else's.
In another thread ZeldaFan mentioned "the real you in there" and continued:

"Just think how powerful you will feel if you can let that small part of you take the victory. A few seconds, one gesture and you win. Then you can get into bed and know you just accomplished something incredibly difficult. Doing that will give you so much strength moving forward with your sobriety and you will be able to look back on it the next time the urge hits. You will get your full self back in no time once the booze is gone. I know it's not easy but I have this feeling you can do it."
And I want the "real me" to be in charge of my life, I know that people I'm close to will do, or fail to do, things but I cannot continue to let these events run my life.
Thanks for the support.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi All,

I'd like to join this thread on Day 1 again. Feeling embarrassed about failing again but I've put it down to not having a strong enough plan. I'd put off making a solid plan as I was drained and exhausted but nothing changes if nothing changes.

I've put some wheels in motion this time round and confided in one of my friends about my drinking worries. Whilst they drink the same amount as me they are happy with their consumption whereas I am not-it is just bad for my soul. She understands that and said she'll support me in my sobriety. The fact is that I see her as an enabler, but coming clean to her about it all has felt like a big step forward for me.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hi all!

So, sleep was a little better last night. Got up early and ran some errands.

I did get my lab results back ... as I suspected they were not stellar: elevated liver enzymes, cholesterol creeped up and my good cholesterol went down, and some other things that can be directly attributed to my excessive drinking. The doctor has put me on a pretty strict diet and exercise plan, and we will recheck in 6 weeks. Fingers crossed that when I do my next test, and am still sober, everything resolves.

For all of you don't think damage can happen quickly, just 6 months ago I had perfect values from the same series of tests. Really amazing to see what damage I've inflicted on myself physically.

A part of me is glad things didn't result as normal, as I would probably have been tempted to drink and "celebrate" my normal results. Now, I know l literally cannot have one drink, or cirrhosis could be a real possibility.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Welcome Starsailor.

Tall about tired. I waa doing good getting a bit done around the house and doing a half hour workout. I made some miso soup too. I started having a bit of a craving, but realized I am just super tired. I think I'm going to try and get a bit of a nap in. I so rarely nap!