Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 3

Old 01-22-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hi class,
I am reading daily. Stopping in to see how we are. Some of us are doing great and some not so great. Hugs to each member. I am on day 22. Doing ok without my wine. Seems that 10 to 12 day mark was difficult. I see that's true for many of us. I'm still holding steady at having had the one glass last Friday
Not feeling great in other areas: Waking up everyday with terrible headaches, nosebleeds twice a week. I think from a cold I had at New Years. Plus dry air. I usually have this cycle of bleeding every ten years or so. So frustrating because I'm sitting doing nothing and it will spontaneously bleed. I had a whole afternoon volunteer session and couldn't attend. So depressing. I'm scared to leave the house. Hubby wanted to go to a diner tonight before snow tomorrow keeps us in, but I'm too afraid. Don't want to bleed all over the diner and upset people eating ... Oh, well. Have a good weekend all of you
Old 01-22-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

This Fatigue and Aches

I am so darn exhausted. It's day 3 and even though I slept great last night this fatigue is beating me down.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my fibro and arthritis? I can't take nasids because of two brutal bleeding ulcer events, but am struggling with this fatigue and pain.

I know, exercising will help...I'll get on that bandwagon tomorrow. Any one else in my situation or similar?
Old 01-22-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Sorry. Fridays stink. I usually end up drinking on them. Fighting today.
Stay strong, brotha. Make today the start of a new tradition for your Fridays. We got your back.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Optimist I know when I've been sober before I was super tired for atleast the first month. I slept a ton. I'm sorry you are having a rough time.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
I am so darn exhausted. It's day 3 and even though I slept great last night this fatigue is beating me down.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my fibro and arthritis? I can't take nasids because of two brutal bleeding ulcer events, but am struggling with this fatigue and pain.

I know, exercising will help...I'll get on that bandwagon tomorrow. Any one else in my situation or similar?
I slept quite a bit during the first two weeks, maybe too much. I'm on day 18 and not back to full speed yet, but better than earlier in the week. I also have arthritis and take various meds for that.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

I'm sorry I'm still trying to read all the posts.

My father in law died in our house yesterday. I am very freaked out. I was the one that found him.

I'm am trying to be strong for my family right now but AV keeps talking. I can't fall apart and drinking will not help. I hope I can get some moments of calm sometime today, I'm really freaked out.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

I have been sleeping a lot lately too. Our vital organs need to heal up and sleep is healing.

I ran out of work in this cold (cold for louisiana) and put on pajamas, ordered chinese food, and I'm going to binge watch some stuff on the old laptop. Today it was a close one, I could have really absent mindedly had a drink today. I have to watch myself on that, in the past I've sabotaged around this time. It's day 13 or 14 for me...
Old 01-22-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

patricia, forgive me I haven't been up on everyone's news. What happened?
Old 01-22-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness Patricia, that would totally freak me out too. I'm sorry for your loss. You are very smart to stay sober.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
patricia, forgive me I haven't been up on everyone's news. What happened?
He was an alcoholic, 72 years old. His heart just stopped while he was sleeping.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Oh, no Patricia. How frightening and sad. Im sorry for your loss, as well.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Patricia - I am so sorry for your loss and this traumatic experience. Well if this doesn't wake us all up....,
Old 01-22-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Gyps and welcome Nargles

again Patricia I'm so sorry for your loss and for what must have been a very traumatic experience.

D
Old 01-22-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Patricia, I am so sorry, that must have been difficult for you. My sincerest condolences to you and your family!
Old 01-22-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

SH, I am truly sorry if I added to your anger and frustration; that was not my intent. I didn’t read (nor do I intend to) the thread you referenced, so I didn’t know the extent of the discord. Forgive me?

Now get back here, you’re a strong presence on this thread and the weekend in upon us!

Glb, in response to your question of friends being triggers, yes, I have been through that. Early on in sobriety (such as now), I simply avoid face-to-face meetings with one long-term friend. I have other friends that I meet up with occasionally (tomorrow for lunch) and most will have a glass of wine. No one questions when/if I order water. Now that I am seriously tackling my weight, it is a perfect reason to pass on vino.

Welcome Gypsytears and Nargles, pull up a seat and join the roundtable! Weekends tend to be triggers for most, so you’re in good company.

JL, don’t let your AV highjack your brain; let it know who’s in charge!

Optimist, during previous quits, I was exhausted! This round (day 15) I am doing so much better. I have cleaned up my diet, eliminating sugar and gluten, very restricted dairy, and I am taking vitamins and supplements daily. Diet, sleep and exercise all play a huge roll in recovery. I am a little behind in the sleep department, so hopefully that will straighten out soon.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I'm sorry I'm still trying to read all the posts.

My father in law died in our house yesterday. I am very freaked out. I was the one that found him.

I'm am trying to be strong for my family right now but AV keeps talking. I can't fall apart and drinking will not help. I hope I can get some moments of calm sometime today, I'm really freaked out.
My sympathies, sweetie.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hello January class -- Day 23 here!

Tonight is another big trigger for me (a social event I can't get out of) and I've been nervous all day. Staying hydrated, positive thinking, some exercise and meditation--all helped and now I'm here with you all for a bit. I can DO this! :-)

Patricia -- I'm so sorry that happened to you. Sounds very traumatic-- take care of yourself and Breathe!!
Old 01-22-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Bandi - eat a lot before you go and while you are there. Good luck !
Old 01-22-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Thank you Olivia-- Great advice!
Old 01-22-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
On the road of happy destiny

Patricia, I'm so sorry. How awful.

I'm home for the evening. I stopped at Lush on the way home and got bath bombs. I figured that is a much more appropriate way to get "bombed" tonight - by taking a nice, moisturizing, hot bath.

I feel a little squirrelly but I'm going to turn to healthy self-care and sleep instead of alcohol.