Class of October 2014 Part 25

Old 01-20-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes V

D
Old 01-20-2016, 11:06 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

The guy downstairs is playing the harp (harmonica) again....ahhhhhhhhhh , so lovely.

And thank you Dee.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought if I called it a harp you all may get the wrong idea

D
Old 01-21-2016, 04:15 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Hi V, I hope your procedure went well and that you're feeling better very soon

Big hugs all around. Gotta run!
Old 01-21-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Thinking of you V. I hope your procedure went smoothly and you are feeling alright.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Let us know how you are doing when you have the chance, venuscat.

Sending good thoughts your way.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers.

Have a great day, all.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hi Leigh!

I hope you feel ok today V.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hi, Mark; I am well; how about you?
Old 01-21-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I hope everything went well V!

Tough day over here, but making the right choices I think. The past couple days I restricted my calories which resulted in a couple massive binges. Today my stomach hurt so terribly at work that I could hardly breathe, so I apologized for missing this afternoon's staff meeting and came home. I researched bingeing during anorexia recovery and learned that this is all a normal part of the process. I kinda knew that, but the experience is so much more intense than I expected. I guess I thought my body would only demand food like this until I got back into the clinically healthy range, but in fact it will continue until I reach my natural set point. I have to pay attention to my body and eat exactly as it tells me. That's very hard for a bull-headed control freak! Especially since I've worked so hard to control my body, it's hard to abruptly do the opposite. But I understand that I can't restrict anymore (can't even skip a snack) because my body is too sensitive right now. I also realize that have to eat a lot of food, more than my poor digestive system is conditioned for, hence the blinding stomachache. At times anorexia recovery seems more uncomfortable than actual anorexia.

So now I'm home resting and eating and letting my body heal. And I've taken off my Fitbit. I think I need to connect with how my body really feels instead of relying on my phone to tell me how it's supposed to feel.

I'm staying close to SR because recovery is recovery, and I'm fighting the same voice telling me to engage in this dangerous addictive behavior. It's the AV. In eating disorder recovery, it's called Ed (E.D. for eating disorder), and they use the same strategy as AVRT. It's the same voice saying the same old crap, just in a different language.

Anyway, things are getting better, and I'm proud of the work I'm doing to get into recovery. I think I'm having more recovery days than addiction days at this point. I'm grateful for that!

Love to all!
Old 01-21-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

So. Totally. Proud. Of YOU, Miss Briar!! Wow! That's good stuff. Keep at it hun.
And I do see the similarities. Recovery is absolutely harder. But it's so worth it.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Follow up appointment went well, but I found out I'll need one more procedure for a gum graph. Ew and grrrrrrrr. This had better be one rock star smile when I'm done!
Tonight, we're hanging low. I'm ready for Friday and a weekend with no agenda.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that you will need yet another procedure, Conquest - major ugh.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
I hope everything went well V!

Tough day over here, but making the right choices I think. The past couple days I restricted my calories which resulted in a couple massive binges. Today my stomach hurt so terribly at work that I could hardly breathe, so I apologized for missing this afternoon's staff meeting and came home. I researched bingeing during anorexia recovery and learned that this is all a normal part of the process. I kinda knew that, but the experience is so much more intense than I expected. I guess I thought my body would only demand food like this until I got back into the clinically healthy range, but in fact it will continue until I reach my natural set point. I have to pay attention to my body and eat exactly as it tells me. That's very hard for a bull-headed control freak! Especially since I've worked so hard to control my body, it's hard to abruptly do the opposite. But I understand that I can't restrict anymore (can't even skip a snack) because my body is too sensitive right now. I also realize that have to eat a lot of food, more than my poor digestive system is conditioned for, hence the blinding stomachache. At times anorexia recovery seems more uncomfortable than actual anorexia.

So now I'm home resting and eating and letting my body heal. And I've taken off my Fitbit. I think I need to connect with how my body really feels instead of relying on my phone to tell me how it's supposed to feel.

I'm staying close to SR because recovery is recovery, and I'm fighting the same voice telling me to engage in this dangerous addictive behavior. It's the AV. In eating disorder recovery, it's called Ed (E.D. for eating disorder), and they use the same strategy as AVRT. It's the same voice saying the same old crap, just in a different language.

Anyway, things are getting better, and I'm proud of the work I'm doing to get into recovery. I think I'm having more recovery days than addiction days at this point. I'm grateful for that!

Love to all!
I am so proud of you, Briar. What a wise and insightful post.

You never cease to amaze me.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Thank you Leigh, you are very sweet and encouraging.

Conquest - that sucks that you have more to do. It will be so awesome when this is all done! I had a gum graft a few years ago, and actually it was no problem at all. I had very little pain and swelling. I've heard people have a wide range of experiences with it, but mine was good, hopefully yours will be too!
Old 01-21-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Despite your difficult day Briar, you seem more like your spunky self than in a long time. It's nice to see.

Conquest, you deserve a rock star smile and I'd expect nothing less.

And Leigh, since you asked, I'm grumpy, agitated, exasperated and want to find a rock to climb under and escape being the responsibility of being a dad. My son got another speeding ticket a couple of days ago and today my daughter had another fender bender....her fault. Minor damage to the other car so I may pay it and not file. Haven't seen hers yet. I'm in such a foul mood I can hardly stand myself! It'll pass, but man I get worn out sometimes. I can't wait to get to the other side of the planet and have two weeks of peace!

So how's the storm planning going? Y'all ready?
Old 01-21-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Oh man, teenagers; I am so sorry, Mark. I suspect that I would be grumpy and in a foul mood, too.

Your trip can't come soon, enough!!!!
Old 01-21-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

I would advise against that Mark. It could surely come back to bite you. People can be so horrid. After all, that is why you have insurance, for things like this.

Conquest, I went for a second opinion in December for all the proposed dental work in my future and the second agreed with the first, however he felt that I could use also two gum grafts as well as the proposed laser gum surgery, two implants and bridge. Fun stuff. Going to cost a small fortune.

Conquest, Venus, Phoebe and Briar here's hoping that you are feeling better!
Old 01-21-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hi'ya, BD!!!!!
Old 01-21-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Oh man, Mark. Kids really put us through it, don't they?