Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 25

Old 01-27-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

So was I; I haven't been to the grocery store since the blizzard, though.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

We are working on leftovers tonight, and the next night or two! I made a pork tenderloin 3 nights ago, meatloaf last night, and I had defrosted stuffed shells, forgetting I had planned to make that meatloaf, so cooked those with sauce and cheese today. I was out all afternoon with dd, so it was easy to pull out things for dinner and warm each person's choices.

We are enjoying Shades of Blue, but I forgot about it this week. I am not yet in the groove of when to watch it. Is it tonight, or was it Tuesday? Need to be sure we have it on the DVR.

Ugh, I"ve been thinking it is Thursday today for two days! I see it is on tomorrow night. I was thinking it is Thursday night now, lol.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

MMM; love leftovers - the flavors seem to be enhanced.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

True that Leigh. Almost like a marination.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Haven't seen shades of blue. Is that with Lopez?

Actually, we aren't into cable or regular tv much these days. Not sure why we even have it. It's all about Netflix in this house. Just started Bloodline last night and finished up that Making a Murderer last week.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Yes, Arbor, JLo and Ray Liotta, NBC.

Just found that I can watch the episode I missed last week on their website. I went to bed early last Thursday. Watching now.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Anyone else remember the days when, if you missed a TV show, you had to wait until the reruns to see it??????
Old 01-27-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers; see you tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Nite s

How are you Conquest huny? ♥
Old 01-27-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Nite, v.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hey guys, I hope it was a good day for everybody. I started the new trauma therapy today, and it was interesting. I liked it and will definitely continue with it as I'm curious to see how it will help me. Today was a lot about mind-body connection and was very different from what I've done before. I'm grateful I have the opportunity to do this.

My daughter has a tummy bug, so I'm waiting to see if I will get it. Last time I miraculously escaped it. Can I be so lucky again? We shall see. She's in pretty good spirits and I think will be fine by tomorrow. My husband stayed with her so I could work today. I bought her a big pink teddy bear to cuddle while she rests. She loves it. We named it Betty Bear.

Love to all.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

So sweet that you bought your daughter a bear to help her feel better.
And really glad to hear you liked today Briar. Honestly, everything you are doing right now sounds incredibly positive.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Kids do drag home a lot of illness from school and daycare! Hope it's a quick bug Briar and that you escape unscathed. Good morning all. Arbor, you seriously should consider cutting the cable cord; you could save a lot of money! I'd do it in a hot second but but would compromise my DH too much so I can't.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Aww, Briar, so sweet about the pink teddy bear. I hope she is feeling better soon. My 16 yo daughter still likes stuffed animals! I am glad you liked the therapy. Sounds promising.

I am really dragging this week. I am so very sad over the death of the young woman we know. Her family put up a lovely tribute video, and there is a Mass on Saturday. We will go to that. I am not looking for sympathy, it's not about me at all. I just cannot stop dwelling on how awful it must be for her family, and all of her friends. She was absolutely gorgeous, and everything people are writing and saying indicates she was as beautiful, and fun, on the inside too. It is so heartbreaking.

Well, as I typed this, a day-brightener buzzed on my phone. Our niece has just delivered a beautiful baby boy! A picture of him with the message, just having been born. New life, innocent and pure.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Congrats on your great nephew, phoebe. What a beautiful event.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Hey guys, I hope it was a good day for everybody. I started the new trauma therapy today, and it was interesting. I liked it and will definitely continue with it as I'm curious to see how it will help me. Today was a lot about mind-body connection and was very different from what I've done before. I'm grateful I have the opportunity to do this.

My daughter has a tummy bug, so I'm waiting to see if I will get it. Last time I miraculously escaped it. Can I be so lucky again? We shall see. She's in pretty good spirits and I think will be fine by tomorrow. My husband stayed with her so I could work today. I bought her a big pink teddy bear to cuddle while she rests. She loves it. We named it Betty Bear.

Love to all.
Hope that your little one feels better soon, Briar; aw - a pink cuddle bear - so sweet.

Good to hear you like your trauma class. I am so inspired by your determination.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Hope to hear from you soon, Conquest; we are missing you.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Have a great day, Octsobers.

Be back later.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

I'm here! Since I've got some energy back, I've been on the go. And most of my stitches have come out on their own (a good sign), so the pain is nearly gone. It's all good, just a little tired of it. But again, it's temporary and will be worth it later.

Tonight, I've got a relative coming over that I haven't seen in probably 5 years. Super excited!

And congratulations Phoebe!!!!

Hopefully I can catch up more later tonight.
Big hugs
Old 01-28-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Good to see you Conquest! Glad things are well!