Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 9

Old 01-27-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowvelvet View Post
Hey all. Day 14.

I'm sorry to hear of others struggles in here. Hugs to Kiki, fabat, ultra, Tufty oh all of you lol.

I'm... Ok. I'm still at the hospital and I'm on such amounts of AD's I'm awake but not present. I just wanted to check in with you all.

It's a fab place and they are lovely.
Am so pleased that you checked in and that you are being looked after. You sound like you are in good hands of your carers. Rest up and try, as hard as I know it is, to make the most of this time to think about where you want to be and how you are going to get there. Think big! You are stronger than yo think. There is a wonderful world out there for all of us.

Hugs x
Old 01-27-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are doing well Snow.
Sorry to hear about the flu Patricia. I hope you feel better soon.
Kiki- I haven't heard about those treatments. Is it something you are going to try?
Ok guys...how is the weight loss going? According to recovery elevator I have not consumed enough calories to have lost 10 pounds...that being said, I'm not eating anymore than usual and I've lost 3-4 max., and that's working out 5 days a week. I know I've built nice muscle, but come on!!!! Anybody else notice this happening? Dee do you have any knowledge you can share? Ultra what about you?
Old 01-27-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hi guys.

Thank you so much for all the private messages and posts asking about me.

I have the flu. My little boy has it too. I guess it's true that stress affects your immune system... And I'm not taking any medication. Most of the cold meds I have at home have alcohol, so just tea and chicken broth for me.

Good news is I'm sober and I'm too ill to even think about alcohol!

Thank you so much for thinking of me and to all of you struggling, don't give up!

Old 01-27-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

I'm finishing day eight and feeling really good. I'm being really careful with my diet. I've enjoyed my work, and I'm able to relax and spend time alone. I hope this is going to be a sticker this time. Hope you all are well.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Great job Missy
Old 01-27-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Looks like today was a good day for most of us : ) hope you feel better soon Patricia and Snow, its nice hearing from you, keep your head up and I'm sure clarity will come soon and things will be more serene! KiKi, sounds like you're in better spirits and back in the game! The best thing to do is attack this disease head on, especially after a relapse! You're doing awesome! Fabat hope those cravings subsided! I remember Dee telling me once that the AV isn't a real person and not to give it too much power, its really just that driving thought, craving and desire to drink; the disease! We truly have the power, with Gods help, to not listen to that voice and to stay sober!

Hope everyone else is well and will check in tomorrow!

Night!
Old 01-27-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
I'm finishing day eight and feeling really good. I'm being really careful with my diet. I've enjoyed my work, and I'm able to relax and spend time alone. I hope this is going to be a sticker this time. Hope you all are well.
Great job, Missy! Glad to hear that...you've got it made now!
Old 01-27-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Glad to hear you are doing well Snow.
Sorry to hear about the flu Patricia. I hope you feel better soon.
Kiki- I haven't heard about those treatments. Is it something you are going to try?
Ok guys...how is the weight loss going? According to recovery elevator I have not consumed enough calories to have lost 10 pounds...that being said, I'm not eating anymore than usual and I've lost 3-4 max., and that's working out 5 days a week. I know I've built nice muscle, but come on!!!! Anybody else notice this happening? Dee do you have any knowledge you can share? Ultra what about you?

The main thing is to realize there's a difference between weight loss and fat loss...you may very well be losing body fat, but the muscle you're gaining is compensating for the weight loss. A better way of measuring progress would be body fat measurements, how your clothes fit and weekly photos. Never trust a scale and remember its a slow process when done right!

You'll be fine, you can always add extra high intensity interval training a few times a week to help facilitate the process and of course stay sober ; ) I hope this helps!
Old 01-27-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Thanks Ultra! im back into size 6 even though I weigh about 8 pounds more then I would like, so maybe it's muscle instaed of fat. I haven't had a drink in almost 3 months so I'm just surprised the pounds haven't dropped too because I've been doing resistance training for over 7 months now. I keep upping the weights so that could be a factor. I should go get a body fat test.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Hey all. Day 14. I'm sorry to hear of others struggles in here. Hugs to Kiki, fabat, ultra, Tufty oh all of you lol. I'm... Ok. I'm still at the hospital and I'm on such amounts of AD's I'm awake but not present. I just wanted to check in with you all. It's a fab place and they are lovely.
Great to hear from you Snow! I'm glad you are making progress! Keep fighting!!!
Old 01-27-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Nite everyone! You have no idea how much it means to know you guys care!!! Prayers for all of us! :-)
Old 01-28-2016, 01:12 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm still here, reading all your posts. You are all so inspiring! I will check in again later after work
Old 01-28-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
The main thing is to realize there's a difference between weight loss and fat loss...you may very well be losing body fat, but the muscle you're gaining is compensating for the weight loss. A better way of measuring progress would be body fat measurements, how your clothes fit and weekly photos. Never trust a scale and remember its a slow process when done right!

You'll be fine, you can always add extra high intensity interval training a few times a week to help facilitate the process and of course stay sober ; ) I hope this helps!
Thanks for this ultradad. I have been frustrated recently. The day I stopped drinking mid November was the day that I stopped binge eating. Alcohol had been fulling my binge eating and being depressed by my weight, I had ballooned, made me drink and eat more.

I lost 11lbs in the first 2 weeks without even trying. I guess because I had gone from 2 bottles of wine a night plus crisps, late night currys etc to simply going to bed at 8pm without dinner. I was so happy I then began to diet seriously and make an effort with the exercise. I saw a nutritionilist and she put me on a classic high protein, low carb at around 1500 calories a day. I am not a naturally sporty person but I pushed myself to walk my big dog harder and further.

I then lost another 33lbs in the next 6 weeks. I couldn't believe me eyes. Even though I do still have more to lose I had dropped a couple of dress sizes.

BUT, despite my ongoing efforts. I have now not lost an ounce for over 2 weeks. It is so frustrating. I did have my one night "fall of the wagon" but I am not sure that would have stalled my weight loss for over 2 weeks? I am so frustrated I am actually eating less and less and I know that is not the right way to go. And I have never enjoyed eating breakfast and tend to have my first meal of the day at lunch.

How did I manage to lose so much so quickly and now nothing for over 2 weeks at all despite still having a fair bit to lose? Even 1 tiny lb a week would be better than nothing!!

I am going to start measuring myself. I know I need to up the exercise but I am not really up to that at the moment (just being honest, it's easy to say I'll do it but my motivation levels are pretty weak on that front at the mo)

You inspire me with your fitness approach. You really do. You must feel amazing.

Hope that everyone has a GREAT day.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:22 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hey all. Day 14.

I'm sorry to hear of others struggles in here. Hugs to Kiki, fabat, ultra, Tufty oh all of you lol.

I'm... Ok. I'm still at the hospital and I'm on such amounts of AD's I'm awake but not present. I just wanted to check in with you all.

It's a fab place and they are lovely.
That's great news Snow, you sound really positive!
Old 01-28-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hey Fab,

Don't get downhearted. I've heard it said that weight stays off better when it's lost more slowly.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Checking in!! I survived my meetings in the northeast and safe at home again. I need to sit down and share my experience properly with you but for now I just wanted to let you know I made it without a sniff of alcohol, 6 full days in an environment in which I'm notorious for getting cranked.

Will update with details as soon as I can. Take care everyone!
Old 01-28-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Checking in!! I survived my meetings in the northeast and safe at home again. I need to sit down and share my experience properly with you but for now I just wanted to let you know I made it without a sniff of alcohol, 6 full days in an environment in which I'm notorious for getting cranked.

Will update with details as soon as I can. Take care everyone!
That's fantastic news SM, that must be such a great feeling of personal triumph after what happened last time.

"Sober muscles flexed, the hero returns".

I've got a similar challenge coming up in ten days time. If you can do it, so can I. Well done mate.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 4. Busy day ahead at work, lots of stress but I won't drink over it!

Need to pack for my upcoming business trip/vacation combo. I have no intention of drinking at all. First vacation sober in a million years!

SM, great post, so good to hear successful stories!

Ok gotta run.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Glad to hear the trip went well, SM!!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Just checking in. I'm still hanging in there. Let's all have a sober day!!! Prayers to all! Xo